Evidence found for Biblical Exodus

I just did some research and discovered, to my amazement that there is no evidence whatever of the Exodus, or even any evidence that the JEWS once resided in Egypt.

I think the lack of evidence does not entirely negate the story, though.

Why?

Well because the story itself is a kind of historical evidence.

But it would help a LOT if we could find supporting evidence of the story of the Jews in Egypt that was ke3pt by the Egyptians.

We do have history written by the Egyptians from that time.

But it is entirely possible that the story of the Jews in Egypt was so inconsequential to the Egyptians, that no history about them suvives EXCEPT the history kept by the Jews.

I guess my point here is that MYTHS often have an element of truth to them, even if we cannot find supporting documentation.

The OT is filled with examples where the JEWS tell a story about how important they were in the world, while the rest of the world's history barely note the Jews EVEN EXISTED at the same time.

They weren't called Jews, but they were in Egypt:

" Bietak, head of the Institute of Egyptology at Vienna University, recognized the floor plan as that of the four-room houses used by almost all Israelites from the 12th to the sixth century B.C. What was it doing in Egypt? If Bietak is right, the trenches could be the first physical evidence for the Bible story of the Israelites' exodus from Egypt."

New find reignites Exodus debate - US News and World Report

I just did some research and discovered, to my amazement that there is no evidence whatever of the Exodus, or even any evidence that the JEWS once resided in Egypt.

Why?

But it would help a LOT if we could find supporting evidence of the story of the Jews in Egypt that was ke3pt by the Egyptians.

But it is entirely possible that the story of the Jews in Egypt was so inconsequential to the Egyptians, that no history about them suvives EXCEPT the history kept by the Jews.

I guess my point here is that MYTHS often have an element of truth to them, even if we cannot find supporting documentation.

The OT is filled with examples where the JEWS tell a story about how important they were in the world, while the rest of the world's history barely note the Jews EVEN EXISTED at the same time.

" Bietak, head of the Institute of Egyptology at Vienna University, recognized the floor plan as that of the four-room houses used by almost all Israelites from the 12th to the sixth century B.C. What was it doing in Egypt? If Bietak is right, the trenches could be the first physical evidence for the Bible story of the Israelites' exodus from Egypt."

you did know the nobody's arguing that the exodus did not take place...the argument is that some events that are purported to have happened during that event ,either did not happen or they have been embellished to the point where they become fantasy not fact..
that being said, your little blurb is nothing special.

Why?

Seriously this is all you have? A simple floor plan that is just 300+ miles from where similar ones can also be found? Does the term "desperation" mean anything to you?

Why?

Seriously this is all you have? A simple floor plan that is just 300+ miles from where similar ones can also be found? Does the term "desperation" mean anything to you?
don't forget it was most likely the same floor plan used by all the cultures in that area.

It's huge, per the scholars, lol.

Thanks for proving your intellectual dwarfism.

Chariot Wheels in the Red Sea Hoax Persists

June 15, 2012 By James F. McGrath 29 Comments

Wing Nut Daily recently featured a brand new article about a very old hoax, centered on the claim that chariot wheels have been found in the Red Sea. That anyone could see the photos of relatively new and shiny metal wheels and not be skeptical astonishes me. That anyone could simply take the word of a sensationalist news source that these objects are solid gold (and hence not covered by coral) and that no one has found and removed them suggests that some people have yet to learn the difference between faith and gullibility.

One looks like it might be a ferry steering wheel, which makes me think this has less to say about the historical accuracy of the Exodus account, and more to say about whether it is a good idea to take a ferry trip on the Red Sea.

The hoax is at least as old as the charlatan Ron Wyatt. There are a wide array of sites, some explicitly by Christians, focused on exposing the lies and deceptions perpetrated by this individual.

That others have come along to try to profit from similar claims is unsurprising. That frauds can be exposed and have no effect on people’s willingness to believe is, however, disturbing
Chariot Wheels in the Red Sea Hoax Persists

Snopes says it's undetermined. And while Snopes has its own bias, it's certainly more credible than a ridiculous atheist blog.

snopes.com: Chariot Wheels Found at the Bottom of the Red Sea
snopes uses the term urban ledgend...and snopes is not a faith based site either both sites call the finds in to question..to you in some twistednon fact based way think it must be true

Egyptian Chariot Wheels Found at the Bottom of the Red Sea-Unproven!

Summary of the eRumor:
This one includes pictures of what are said to be chariot wheels that were discovered on the floor of the Red Sea, confirmation of the Biblical account of Pharaoh's army being drowned while pursuing the Hebrews. The Biblical account says that God parted the waters to allow an escape for the Hebrews then the waters came back together when the Egyptian army tried to follow. The eRumor also says that chariots, human bones, and horse bones have been found in an area in the Gulf of Aqaba.

The Truth:
Much of this eRumor is based on the findings of Ron Wyatt, a colorful and controversial amateur archeologist who claimed to have found Noah's ark, the Biblical Ark of the Covenant, the location of Sodom And Gomorrah, the Tower of Babel, the true site of Mt. Sinai, the true site of the crucifixion of Jesus, and the original stones of the Ten Commandments. He was a passionate and sincere man, according to his supporters, but his critics abound and scientists and archeologists regarded him as an untrained maverick at best and there are some who regarded his as a fraud. Wyatt died from cancer in 1999.

Wyatt's interest in the crossing of the Red Sea by the Hebrews became focused on the site of Nuweiba in Egypt because it seemed to fit some of the description of Biblical and historical accounts of the geography. It was while diving along the beach at Nuweiba that he found what he said were chariot parts.

During his first visit to Nuweiba in 1978 he found a large column lying on the beach that looked like an ancient artifact. Later he found that it had been set up by Egyptian authorities in concrete for display. He believed it to be a marker set up by King Solomon to note the crossing of the Red Sea.

It was on that same trip in 1978 that Wyatt found what he said were the remains of chariots and chariot wheels at the bottom of the sea. They were heavily covered with coral. Wyatt claimed to have retrieved one of the wheels and said an Egyptian authority declared that it was from the 18th dynasty of Ancient Egypt, but nobody seems to know where that chariot wheel is is now located.

Regarding the human bones found at the site, TruthOrFiction.com talked with Aaron Sen, one of those who has traveled to Nuweiba and who found the bones. He said the bones were authenticated as human at Stockholm University are are in the possession of professor Lennart Moller who was at Stockholm University in the late 1990s.

It was also discovered that there seems to be an underwater "bridge" of sea bed that is shallower than the depths on either side of it and that crosses from one side of the sea to the other. Wyatt said that could have been where the waters parted and made the way for the Hebrews to cross.

Wyatt's focus on Nuweiba and his claims of finding chariot remains on the floor of the sea have brought other adventurers to the site but even Wyatt's supporters urge caution about their enthusiastic findings. Richard Rives, the president of Wyatt Archeological Research in Tennessee, told journalist Joe Kovacs, "All kinds of people are finding coral and calling it chariot parts." Wyatt's wife, Mary Nell, told Kovacs the same. She went diving with Wyatt at the Red Sea site and said that at first she thought everything was a chariot wheel.

The bottom line is that at this point all that seems to exist to support the claims of chariot parts on the bottom of the red sea are pictures, most of which are of coral formations. No documented artifacts have been retrieved and preserved from the site and now the Egyptian government prohibits bringing any findings to the surface to the questions may remain for a long time to come.

updated 02/3308

Chariot wheels found at the bottom of the Red Sea?-Unproven!

As if you would know what constitutes an intellectual conversation, lol.

That so many people think Moses was an actual historical character is amazing. This is the modern age, but really, not really in so many people's brains. But I guess so many people's worldview relies on lies to rationalize the past. Treating the mideast Bible as a history book is delusional.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back