Executive Order limitations

It is rumored that Barry will come out with an Executive Order regarding gun control.

That aside, looking at past Executive Orders, what should be allowed and what should be disallowed? For example, cap and trade and the Dream Act could not get pushed through Congress, so Obama wrote Executive Orders to bypass this dilemma. Should they be used to bypass the legislative power of Congress?

Also, do you think they are Constitutional? Clearly they have been used in the past for Unconstitutional powers. For example, FDR used them to lock up Japanese Americans, a clear Constitutional violation that even you can't dispute. However, our wonderful checks and balances in government did nothing to stop it. Go figure.

Just fear / Obama-hate mongering by the Retarded Right.

Was it hate mongering or retarded when Paul Revere and others made their midnight ride yelling
"Too arms,The British are coming"

did we quit when the germans bombed pearl harbor?

With the pending Executive Orders to come out regarding the second amendment and gun control, what is everyones opinion in regards to limitations on the Executive Order if any?

EOs are subject to judicial review just as acts of Congress, and like acts of Congress EOs are presumed to be Constitutional until such time as a court rules otherwise.

If the president issues an EO you perceive to be offensive to the Constitution, file suit in Federal court.

Otherwise there’s little, if anything, the president can do with regard to gun regulations except require a more comprehensive, aggressive enforcement of existing laws and policies.

Okay tough guy. I post them and if she said it you leave the board forever. Deal? Clue: she can race back and delete it but her replies are part of my replies back to her.

So deal?? And we get a moderator to make sure you're gone.

Here's what I said, tard:

There are many ways for an EO to be challenged, overturned, or circumvented.

That's why I don't really understand the hysteria.

Do you?

Where's your little girlfried? I have the post numbers ready. All we have to do is get a mod to agree to permanently ban him..and it's done.

Clever how you left out my reply to you.

what's your reply got to do with anything, fuckchop?

With the pending Executive Orders to come out regarding the second amendment and gun control, what is everyones opinion in regards to limitations on the Executive Order if any?

It never ends.

1. Joe Biden mentions that Executive Order has not been taken off the table . . . (even though it's never going to happen).

2. Rightwing television stations, blogs, newspapers, magazines and radio stations use Biden's statement to invent a story that Obama is a dictator who is going to bypass congress and subvert the will of the American People.

3. Obama doesn't pass an executive order, no did he ever intend to.

4. The point is to saturate the rightwing voter in a fog of misinformation so he is left with a vague but powerful feeling that Obama did something anti-constitutional. Same thing with the death panels, which is actually just a voluntary end-of-life counseling session made available to families who may want to learn what their legal and medical options are. This was first proposed by the Heritage Foundation and was a centerpiece of the GOP heath care alternative to HillaryCare. But it doesn't matter what the real truth is. It only matters that people say "It's always something with Washington" - even though they can't name any real policies or cite any actual historical facts. They live in a world of phantoms where Obama is a muslim infiltrator coming after their guns, and Saddam has WMDs, and Reagan spent less than Carter.

(God Help us)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back