Expanded background checks fails in Senate

Just remember Caroljo. There is still the matter of the 46 democrat senators who voted to destroy our 2nd amendment rights. They must be replaced in 2014. That should be the goal of the GOP. Concentrate on removing those 46 democrat Senators from the Senate and put some real americans in those seats! - Jeri

Just as well. The House would never pass such a measure anyway. We know who to target in 2014. I mostly blame Sen. Reid for not changing the rules of the Senate that allow the type of procedural move that requires virtually every piece of legislation 61 votes to pass.

Understandable.

But Reid would be perceived as a hero when republicans control the Senate again and are unable to repeal Social Security and Medicare for the same reason.

Though I do not have anything against background checks in principle, our government has a long history of unintended consequences from shortsighted legislation. Until I know more about the specifics of any given legislation and the specifics of objections to it, I am in general supportive of those who vote against new laws. Making the case for new legislation should involve more than emotional appeals. The case needs to be made for the nitty gritty details. That's where the unintended consequences lurk.

Just remember Caroljo. There is still the matter of the 46 democrat senators who voted to destroy our 2nd amendment rights. They must be replaced in 2014. That should be the goal of the GOP. Concentrate on removing those 46 democrat Senators from the Senate and put some real americans in those seats! - Jeri

Without our second amendment rights, there is no guarantee that we can remove those senators or replace them with anyone.

Obama to be on TV any minute to whine about this defeat.

that's exactly what he did

the whiner in chief

fukushima-no-1-meltdown-confirmed-japan.jpg

how will you do that without the voters agreeing with you?

You have to get voters

its like the republican party doesnt even know that anymore

when was the last time you saw 90% of Americans be for something and it not get made into law?

your party tried to trash polls right before the elections too.

You claimed robmoney would win by 5 points guys.

how did that turn out for you?

This is reminiscent of Bush in 2005 and his failure to ‘reform’ Social Security.

Guns are also a ‘third rail’ of politics.

Conservatives appear even more ridiculous now, with their demagoguery about a ‘new AWB,’ where reasonable, bi-partisan legislation such as this never had a chance.

Forum List

Back