Expanded background checks fails in Senate

I just love watching the GOP commit suicide. My Senator Flake in AZ has earned my contempt for as long as he remains in office. McCain, on the other hand, has earned my vote for as long as he cares to remain in the Senate, even though I am a democrat. The GOP problem seems to be that they can not tell whether their constituancy is the NRA lobby, or the citizens of their states. It will bite them in the ass, like all the other issues for which they stand on the wrong side of history, for the last few years.

Last edited:
You have to get voters

its like the republican party doesnt even know that anymore

is there a face palm smilie?
facepalm.gif

this one is going to destroy the republican partys hold on the house.

You are going to get your lunches eaten

I just love watching the GOP commit suicide. My Senetor Flake in AZ has earned my contempt for as long as he remains in office. McCain, on the other hand, has earned my vote for as long as he cares to remain in the Senete, even though I am a democrat. The GOP problem seems to be that they can not tell whether their constituancy is the NRA lobby, or the citizens of their states. It will bite them in the ass, like all the other issues for which they stand on the wrong side of history, for the last few years.
Stuff it chump...Democrats voted against that POS too. :lol:

when did the right begin hating democracy?

When it threatened their power. If you need a recent example, I can point out Obama's 2012 win. That's when the right toyed with the idea of changing electoral laws to apportion electoral votes proportionally which could mean that a candidate could win the popular vote and still lose the election (kinda like Gore in 2000 but on a more regular basis as opposed to the occasional fluke).

Republicans want to change laws on Electoral College votes, after presidential losses | Fox News

Just as well. The House would never pass such a measure anyway. We know who to target in 2014. I mostly blame Sen. Reid for not changing the rules of the Senate that allow the type of procedural move that requires virtually every piece of legislation 61 votes to pass.

Understandable.

But Reid would be perceived as a hero when republicans control the Senate again and are unable to repeal Social Security and Medicare for the same reason.

No Republican has ever said they wanted to repeal Social Security and Medicare.
They said they want to turn it over to the States to manage them, because individual Sates know better how to run them

What would have prevented Newtown from being worse is the Assault Weapons Ban, which the shooter's mother would never have been able to purchase, as well as not being able to purchase 30-round clips.

That lady would have had a much more difficult time buying that stuff, and if you're a pro-gun moron who's kids take your guns all the time in order to shoot innocent people for fun, imagine how many more kids could've escaped if that piece of shit was forced to reload every 10 rounds instead of every 30.

when did the right begin hating democracy?

When it threatened their power. If you need a recent example, I can point out Obama's 2012 win. That's when the right toyed with the idea of changing electoral laws to apportion electoral votes proportionally which could mean that a candidate could win the popular vote and still lose the election (kinda like Gore in 2000 but on a more regular basis as opposed to the occasional fluke).

Republicans want to change laws on Electoral College votes, after presidential losses | Fox News

Exactly. They see they're brand of angry-white-man is going extinct, so they want to change the laws.

Under the Republican proposal, even though Obama won Pennsylvania like 55-45, a 2-1 margin of Republicans would have been sent to the House from that state.

What would have prevented Newtown from being worse is the Assault Weapons Ban, which the shooter's mother would never have been able to purchase, as well as not being able to purchase 30-round clips.

That lady would have had a much more difficult time buying that stuff, and if you're a pro-gun moron who's kids take your guns all the time in order to shoot innocent people for fun, imagine how many more kids could've escaped if that piece of shit was forced to reload every 10 rounds instead of every 30.

Or the shooter would just carry more guns, idjit.

BTW, it only takes a scant couple of seconds to reload an AR-15 or a 1911 pistol.

Last edited:
Just as well. The House would never pass such a measure anyway. We know who to target in 2014. I mostly blame Sen. Reid for not changing the rules of the Senate that allow the type of procedural move that requires virtually every piece of legislation 61 votes to pass.

Understandable.

But Reid would be perceived as a hero when republicans control the Senate again and are unable to repeal Social Security and Medicare for the same reason.

No Republican has ever said they wanted to repeal Social Security and Medicare.
They said they want to turn it over to the States to manage them, because individual Sates know better how to run them

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Think he would have been able to get off 155 shots in under 5 minutes with more guns?

With only 10 rounds as a ceiling, a shooter would have to carry 16 guns to get 155 shots off. Think it can be done?

Except she didn't own any assault weapons. She owned semi-automatic rifles that resembled assault weapons. Unless you have a federal license,it is already illegal to own fully automatic weapons. As for the clip issue, one could easily carry multiple ten round clips and reload in seconds.

Think he would have been able to get off 155 shots in under 5 minutes with more guns?

With only 10 rounds as a ceiling, a shooter would have to carry 16 guns to get 155 shots off. Think it can be done?
Easy, when you're using semi-auto handguns...He'd get off as many shots as the guns he has on hand, fool.

You lolberals really are quite dense, arentya? :rofl:

Forum List

Back