Expanded background checks fails in Senate

GOP to America: Newtowns and Auroras and VA Techs are acceptable, safety is not.

Apparently the Iraq War Debacle didn't sate the conservative lust for innocent blood.

From now on, all mass shootings are the fault of Conservatism.

I don't understand what the problem with this bill is.

Someone will have to explain why it didn't pass even though it won 54-46 in the Senate.

How are universal background checks an infringement on the 2nd Amendment?

Aren't the Constitutionalists here not aware of the part of the 2nd Amendment that clearly says, "well-regulated"?
The problem is that background checks wouldn't have changed anything in Newtown, or Aurora, or for Gabby Giffords.

The Bam loses, and big. :rofl:

So you're saying you're for just anyone buying a gun from a trade show and it's okay not to do a background check on that person because of 3 incidents where background checks weren't the problem?

Any dealer selling at a gun show must do background checks it is already the law.

Also, I find it amsuing that liberals are always accused of hysteria by not acknowleding the difference between a semi-automatic rifle and an assault rifle.

I find it hysterical they've spent 12 years obsessing over the fact Bush sat for 60 seconds in a classrom on 9/11. But don't care that Obammy just said terrorist bombings? Eh I don't fell like talking about that. As a matter of fact you all need to delay your talking about it until I am done with this.

Also, I find it amusing that liberals are always accused of hysteria by not acknowledging the difference between a semi-automatic rifle and an assault rifle.

I find it hysterical they've spent 12 years obsessing over the fact Bush sat for 60 seconds in a classroom on 9/11. But don't care that ABM just said terrorist bombings? Eh I don't fell like talking about that. As a matter of fact you all need to delay your talking about it until I am done with this.

I find it compelling you cant find one bit legislation or push of Obama regarding punishing criminals for gun crimes and increasing the same.

...so gun manufacturers can be assured of selling as many guns as people want, regardless of who those people are.

...thus arming felons and crazy people.

Correct?

Anybody.

A gun manufacturer must sell through an FFL who can't sell without a background check. The already illegality of selling to or possession of a gun by the prohibited persons you name nothwithstanding.

Last edited:
this also proves the clowns on the right we talk to here do no represent more than 10% of the American people

Here in FL, when I purchase a firearm, the seller runs a NCIC check for felonies and domestic violence charges.
What other personal information would you like?

No they run NICS check, you might want to get your acronyms straight.

S, C......wife doesn't like a lot of light. I do alot of my typing in pretty dim light and I'm too lazy for editing.
Ya'll can put up with TM's spelling, I think you'll manage a letter here and there or a semicolon instead of an apostrophe
:eusa_hand:

Nice avoidance of the point, though
:clap2:

Just so that we're completely clear...

Anyone who was against this bill does not have the right to say another word about "Fast and Furious". Ever. Again.

I'm a gun owner, a supporter of open carry laws, and a I'm against any kind of assault weapon ban...

But this one was a no-brainer.

I see some Democrats finally come to their senses.

Yes, even Prince Harry, but I understand that was only for a political reason that would let the issue stay alive??

(CNSNews.com) – Only 4 percent of Americans think guns and gun control are an important problem facing the country, according to Gallup, and far more Americans are concerned about the economy, unemployment and the federal debt.

In its poll from Apr. 4-7, Gallup surveyed 1,005 adults by telephone and asked, “What do you think is the most important problem facing the country today?”

Economy in general 24%

Unemployment/Jobs 18%

Dissatisfaction with Government 16%

Federal budget deficit/Federal debt 11%

Healthcare 6%

Ethical/Moral/Family decline 5%

Immigration/Illegal aliens 4%

Education 4%

Guns/Gun control 4%

Situation with North Korea 4%

Lack of Money 3%

Welfare 2%

Lack of respect for each other 2%

Poverty/Hunger/Homelessness 2%

Foreign aid/Focus overseas 2%

Taxes 2%

Despite the Obama administration’s strong push for more gun control legislation, few Americans are concerned about the issue.

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem | CNS News

Last edited:
...thus arming felons and crazy people.

Correct?

Anybody.

A gun manufacturer must sell through an FFL who can't sell without a background check. The already illegality of selling to or possession of a gun by the prohibited persons you name nothwithstanding.

Once a firearm has been purchased by a private citizen, that person can sell it to someone else without being under any legal obligation to conduct a background check prior to reselling the weapon. True or false?

Forum List

Back