Expanded background checks fails in Senate

A gun manufacturer must sell through an FFL who can't sell without a background check.

But, after initial sale, said gun can then be sold without a background check.

What was your position on Fast and Furious, by the way?

Not to a prohibited person.

I think Fast and Furious was a botched attempted means of advancing a political end through illegal acts by law enforcement.

Last edited:

A gun manufacturer must sell through an FFL who can't sell without a background check. The already illegality of selling to or possession of a gun by the prohibited persons you name nothwithstanding.

Once a firearm has been purchased by a private citizen, that person can sell it to someone else without being under any legal obligation to conduct a background check prior to reselling the weapon. True or false?

It is still against the law to sell to a prohibited person. True or False ?

A gun manufacturer must sell through an FFL who can't sell without a background check. The already illegality of selling to or possession of a gun by the prohibited persons you name nothwithstanding.

Once a firearm has been purchased by a private citizen, that person can sell it to someone else without being under any legal obligation to conduct a background check prior to reselling the weapon. True or false?

Ooo!!!

Ooooo!!!

I know!

:thup:

potato

Also, I find it amusing that liberals are always accused of hysteria by not acknowledging the difference between a semi-automatic rifle and an assault rifle.

I find it hysterical they've spent 12 years obsessing over the fact Bush sat for 60 seconds in a classroom on 9/11. But don't care that ABM just said terrorist bombings? Eh I don't fell like talking about that. As a matter of fact you all need to delay your talking about it until I am done with this.

I find it compelling you cant find one bit legislation or push of Obama regarding punishing criminals for gun crimes and increasing the same.

So you changed my quote and said jibberish. Alrighty then.

Sucks to be you I guess.

On the other hand, a win for liberty...and common sense.

The liberty of criminals and madmen to freely buy weapons anyway...

Thanks for making my point! It's ALREADY against the law for a criminal to buy a firearm. Guess what? They don't obey the law...shocking, I know. Yet another law is not going to impede a criminal from obtaining a gun.

I'll give you a hint: What does the "AR" in AR-15 stand for? Liberals did not name the AR-15. Gun manufacturers did.

Armalite Rifle.

Suuuuure it is!

You should learn about guns before you go around talking about them, especially if you don't know that AR stands for Armalite.
I think that most of the Congress especially Dems thinks that it stands for Automatic Rifle.
Most of Congress doesn't know one thing about guns and are afraid of them.
They also should learn about them before they vote for any gun laws.

You mean a federal agency selling to people in another country?

Get apples and oranges confused often?

What federal agency sold guns to people in another country in Fast and Furious?

Please, enlighten us.

Uh...hey dumbshit, the Justice Department (a Federal agency), directed private FFL dealers to sell firearms to known straw purchasers...and then neglected to trace them. The dealers did their job and ran a background check. The Feds put those firearms into the hands of criminals, not the dealers.

90% were pro gun background checks.

cite

and do you believe opinion polls should control our country's legislation?

And do you believe that the Senate should determiine what is Constitutional, and what is not? I thought that it was the job of the Supreme Court to do that.

no sure where you made the leap from opinion polls creating legislation to what is constitutional....but...i will answer you

according to the constitution, that responsibility lies with scotus. however, it is not just a black and white issue. many times scotus will kick the issue back to the legislature for them to decide.

not sure how you leapt to that from opinion polls, but await your response.

You mean a federal agency selling to people in another country?

Get apples and oranges confused often?

What federal agency sold guns to people in another country in Fast and Furious?

Please, enlighten us.

Uh...hey dumbshit, the Justice Department (a Federal agency), directed private FFL dealers to sell firearms to known straw purchasers...and then neglected to trace them. The dealers did their job and ran a background check. The Feds put those firearms into the hands of criminals, not the dealers.
Left out ATF
:cool:

False. Some states require background checks on private sales. Further, federal law makes it illegal for anyone to transfer a firearm to anyone they know, or have reason to know, is a disqualified person.

Not to a prohibited person.

I think Fast and Furious was a botched attempted means of advancing a political end through illegal acts by law enforcement.

Certainly it can be sold to a prohibited person.

What would possibly stop such a sale?

If a law exists, but is unenforceable, than it is nothing but words on paper.

And whatever you think of the motivations for Fast and Furious, ("Motivations" which would be completely un-provable, in any case) requiring background checks would have negated the reason for the whole operation.

AND would have made absolutely sure that the rather unfortunate result (sales of weapons to Mexican Cartels) would never happen again.

So, to express outrage over F&F and then not allow this bill to pass is pretty much the ultimate in utter hypocrisy.

How can you express outrage that the government allowed straw purchases to criminals, and then block legislation that would stop straw purchases to criminals from happening???

Last edited:
Last edited:

Forum List

Back