Fact is fact, Tea Partiers are extremists

Property owners already have the authority to remove people from their land. All you have to do is say...you can't come on my property with a gun. Done. Period. Over.

Property owners already have the authority to remove people from their land. All you have to do is say...you can't come on my property with a gun. Done. Period. Over.

Ahh, but in Virginia, it is now legal to carry concealed weapons into a bar.

So bar owners have two choices if they want to keep guns off their private premises: Either pat people down as they walk in the bar, or buy expensive metal detectors. Both would require extra staff to man the door.

I just think it's a bad idea, I've seen countless drunken fights break out in bars, and in those particular instances, I don't think firearms would be helpful to resolve the situation.

I'm just thinking it would be useful to have a law about bars, and bars only.

So bar owners have two choices if they want to keep guns off their private premises: Either pat people down as they walk in the bar, or buy expensive metal detectors. Both would require extra staff to man the door.

I just think it's a bad idea, I've seen countless drunken fights break out in bars, and in those particular instances, I don't think firearms would be helpful to resolve the situation.

but of course you do. because us Law Abiding people sure as hell can't police ourselves.

There are states, including my own where concealed weapons are legal. I haven't heard or read where your scenario went down in any of those states. It probably is no more frequent than any other state with no concealed weapon laws.

You left out one detail, the people carrying the concealed weapon can't drink alcoholic beverages....opps...I hope that will help you
AntiBVBL Concealed Weapons in Bars Passes VA Senate
The legislation allowing concealed guns in bars prohibits any concealed gun carrier from drinking alcohol while armed.

Some states honor other state's concealed carry permits. Some don't. I almost learned that the hard way in NYC. Got lucky with that.

You left out one detail, the people carrying the concealed weapon can't drink alcoholic beverages....opps...I hope that will help you
The legislation allowing concealed guns in bars prohibits any concealed gun carrier from drinking alcohol while armed.

Oh, that is a good point. I'm thinking the bartenders won't know who not to serve until someone is already shot though.

Oh, that is a good point. I'm thinking the bartenders won't know who not to serve until someone is already shot though.

Good point, but if they were going to shoot someone, do you think a law prohibiting concealed weapons would keep them from bringing a gun into the bar to begin with?

I mean the reasoning would go something like this....
I better not shoot that person in the bar because its against the law to bring a concealed weapon in. But shit as soon they leave I will commit murder in the parking lot so that way I don't get that damn weapons charge.

Last edited:
That's idiotic. I was a bartender for two years, and on more than one occasion brushed up against people who were packing.

I never saw anyone get shot or even threatened with a gun in the bar. And it was a tough bar.

The instances where people have been shot have been outside the bar...someone goes home, gets a rifle or shotgun and nails someone outside the bar.

Gosh, that's extreme of you. Beating people up for their tone of voice? I thought you were the voice of moderation and reason...:clap2::clap2::cuckoo:

Usually I am, but Mark Levin would scream "traitor" at me at some point in the conversation, and probably suggest that I go kill myself for having a different point of view than him, and that's when I'd hit him. I don't take kindly to bald little lawyer-types, who never served in the military, calling me a traitor.
That's the FIRST thing the members of the ChickenHawk Set seeks to do, name-call "traitor!"

ChickenHawkSalute.jpg

Anyway, I see you lefty-coffee shoppers... I doubt you'll be beating up anybody in the near future. Maybe throwing rocks from a distance or keying cars.... but that's about it. Or hiding amongst the women and children while you roll hand grenades.
This one here's a prime example of one...

6a00c225290de28e1d00c2252b4905549d-500pi

Do you mind showing some stats to back your bogus claim?....or are you just fear mongering again, Vast. You really have been doing a lot of that lately.

Flatly untrue. Lying is no way to make your "point," Vastly Ignorant.

Not a speck of truth in that bogus claim or yours, either, Vastly Dishonest.

Another piece of totally dishonest fiction from Vastly Indifferent to Truth

Bullshit. You'd cry in a high pitched voice.

He's far too intelligent, educated and honest for you. You are completely full of shit.

Whatever you say man, I've listened to his show, I hear the screaming anti-Obama rants he's made. I also heard the part of one of his rants where he told some woman to go shoot herself and said her husband should shoot herself for ever marrying her.

When you're criticizing Glenn fucking Beck for not being extremist enough, like he has, never mind David Brooks and Frum, then there's something seriously wrong with you.

Perhaps the fact that you think someone with this kind of viewpoint on the world says something about you. Just saying (as Cali Girl would say)...

There's a difference between listening and understanding.

You lack understanding.

There's not a single fucking thing wrong with "ranting" about that dangerous schmuck in the Oval Office.

And you are either stupid or a fucking liar: What Mr. Levin said that day was (a) said in jocularity and only a pontificating asshat would even TRY to pretend otherwise. (B) it was very much on par with the old line about the old crow that told Winston Churchill, "if you were my husband, I would put poison in your tea," to which the venerable old man replied, "Madam, if I were married to you, I would drink it." (c) You heard nothing of the sort. The ACTUAL exchange was:
CALLER: I just wanna say, Obama is a lot smarter than you folks give him credit for. You guys were on a roll, I have to admit, with all those tea parties. Everything was rolling along, the Republicans were gaining momentum. And he managed to change your entire conversational focus. And you let those three hundred thousand people —

HOST: My God. He’s so smart. His own party voted against him on Guantanamo Bay. How stupid was that, Cindy? His own party refused to fund the closing of Guantanamo Bay.

CALLER. Yeah but you know he can just move those people over here anyway. He’s already doing it with the one guy.

HOST: Yeah, sure, he can do whatever he wants. Let me ask you a question. Why do you hate this country?

CALLER: No, I love this country.

HOST: (angrily shouting) I SAID WHY DO YOU HATE MY COUNTRY! WHY DO YOU HATE MY CONSTITUTION? WHY DO YOU HATE MY DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE?

You just said it. He can blow off Congress. He can do whatever he wants, right?

CALLER: Well, he seems to, he just moved (inaudible).

HOST: Answer me this, are you a married woman? Yes or no?

CALLER: Yes.

HOST: Well I don’t know why your husband doesn’t put a gun to his temple. Get the hell out of here.

Criticizing Glen Beck for his lack of SUBSTANCE is also perfectly valid. And Frum is a waffling dipstick. Jeez. What's wrong with you? Are you that unfamiliar with the concept of firm principles?

Your real problem with Mark Levin is that you lack the intellectual ability to honestly or effectively address his points. Unlike you, he knows what he's talking about.

Do you mind showing some stats to back your bogus claim?....or are you just fear mongering again, Vast. You really have been doing a lot of that lately.

OK, let me get this straight.

I say that I approve of having people able to carry guns everywhere, except for bars.

And that's only because people in bars tend to get drunk and out-of-control.

And that's "fear-mongering"?

Seriously?

Forum List

Back