Fantastic Businessman Trump Loses 55 Year Golf Event To Mexico

I don't like Trump, but who is claiming he is the world's greatest business man? Only you seem to be claiming that to push a false dichotomy.
The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico
That course has been around for a long time. Long before Trump stapled his name onto it. And now he's destroyed a tradition that existed long before he came along.

Dipshit can't even make a golf course great again. Get ready for the same to be done to America.
Can you be more specific? How did he destroy the tradition?

I can't say positively. If Cadillac or the PGA would add more information to the move it could be substantiated that his words did him in. Beyond that, the fact that he couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself says a lot. He certainly didn't do anything to save it, that alone demonstrates he didn't have high regard for the tradition.
Sounds like you are making shit up. There was no where else in the US for the PGA tour? I suspect Mexico offered a better deal and they took it.
Business is business. One would think the world's greatest businessman would have been up to the challenge.

Trump thinks of himself as the world's greatest businessman. Obama not running for reelection
Obama is not running but he is campaigning and I heard this morning he is also telling Biden to get ready to enter the race. Whats that about?

So, it sounds like the pga democratic supporting ceo is making it political then, doesn't it?
That course has been around for a long time. Long before Trump stapled his name onto it. And now he's destroyed a tradition that existed long before he came along.

Dipshit can't even make a golf course great again. Get ready for the same to be done to America.

I can't say positively. If Cadillac or the PGA would add more information to the move it could be substantiated that his words did him in. Beyond that, the fact that he couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself says a lot. He certainly didn't do anything to save it, that alone demonstrates he didn't have high regard for the tradition.
Sounds like you are making shit up. There was no where else in the US for the PGA tour? I suspect Mexico offered a better deal and they took it.
The PGA picked Mexico for a specific reason, and the reason is Trump.
the PGA explicitly said it's mission was to reach out to all people. The PURPOSE of the PGA to get PEOPLE TO PLAY GOLF. It has nothing to do with politics.

The Tour hinted in December that a venue shift was possible shortly after Trump made inflammatory remarks toward Mexicans and immigrants and called for a temporary ban on Muslims from entering the United States.

"We continue to stand by our earlier statement, and the statement of other golf organizations, that Mr. Trump's comments are inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf," the statement read. "The PGA Tour has had a 53-year commitment to the Doral community, the greater Miami area and the charities that have benefited from the tournament. Given this commitment, we are moving forward with holding the 2016 event at the Blue Monster. Immediately after the completion of the 2016 tournament, we will explore all options regarding the event's future."

Care to post links to his quote saying such?
Since the beginning of this thread you have offered nothing but hyperbole, with a transparent agenda, at that.
Business is business. One would think the world's greatest businessman would have been up to the challenge.
No one has claimed he is the worlds greatest businessman but he will be a better president than Obama the liar. Obama is pissed off today because he felt he didn't get a loud enough applause in Indiana yesterday. That is your man. Thin skinned as hell. What a loser. A loser you support so why would I listen to your opinion of Trump?

Trump thinks of himself as the world's greatest businessman. Obama not running for reelection.

Thus political.
So, it sounds like the pga democratic supporting ceo is making it political then, doesn't it?

the PGA explicitly said it's mission was to reach out to all people. The PURPOSE of the PGA to get PEOPLE TO PLAY GOLF. It has nothing to do with politics.

The Tour hinted in December that a venue shift was possible shortly after Trump made inflammatory remarks toward Mexicans and immigrants and called for a temporary ban on Muslims from entering the United States.

"We continue to stand by our earlier statement, and the statement of other golf organizations, that Mr. Trump's comments are inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf," the statement read. "The PGA Tour has had a 53-year commitment to the Doral community, the greater Miami area and the charities that have benefited from the tournament. Given this commitment, we are moving forward with holding the 2016 event at the Blue Monster. Immediately after the completion of the 2016 tournament, we will explore all options regarding the event's future."

I don't like Trump, but who is claiming he is the world's greatest business man? Only you seem to be claiming that to push a false dichotomy.

"You know, all of my life, I’ve heard that a truly successful person, a really, really successful person and even modestly successful cannot run for public office. Just can’t happen. And yet that’s the kind of mindset that you need to make this country great again.

So ladies and gentlemen…

(APPLAUSE)

I am officially running…

(APPLAUSE)

… for president of the United States, and we are going to make our country great again."

The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico

right....tells you how much these PC anti-American elites hate and fear Trump......

Thus political.

No. The PGA is not political. It wants dems, goper, indeps, muslims, Mexicans, even illegal aliens to PLAY GOLF. That's all they care about. Apparently the see Trump as not helping with that. Wonder why. LOL

right....tells you how much these PC anti-American elites hate and fear Trump......
The PGA is picking on Trump because it doesn't want America to be Great Again. (tears)

The PGA is picking on Trump because it doesn't want America to be Great Again. (tears)
right....they're moving all their industrial businesses south......why not their sports businesses too.......forget America, they are for a great North American Union......

It had nothing to do with his ability as a businessman and everything to do with politics.

/THREAD

right....they're moving all their industrial businesses south......why not their sports businesses too.......forget America, they are for a great North American Union......
The PGA has industrial businesses?

The Purpose of PGA.org | PGA.org
The PGA of America's Mission
Since 1916, The PGA of America's mission has been twofold: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, the Association enables PGA Professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in the multi-billion dollar golf industry. By creating and delivering dramatic world-class championships and exciting and enjoyable golf promotions that are viewed as the best of their class in the golf industry, The PGA of America elevates the public's interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. The PGA of America brand represents the very best in golf.

You said trump will win because to many businesses move to mexico. I asked if it's okay to use his powers to force business back to the states is legal and right.
He will make it more profitable to remain here. Some will still remain off shore but the majority will want to stay here.

I will be interested in what course the PGA chooses in Mexico. I stopped playing golf about ten years ago because of arthritis in my hands, but I still like reading a book on Sundays and watching it on tv. I've never been to Mexico, and have no desire to go, but if I still played and there was a resort down there with a really nice course .....

Trump cooked his own goose with uncivil things he said, but it makes sense for the PGA to hold an event down there.

American golf has always been stuffy. You can't buy your way onto a lot of the courses the PGA has tourneys on, but in Britain you can play on British Open courses so long as you have a letter from your club pro and book ahead. Or you could ten years ago.

It had nothing to do with his ability as a businessman and everything to do with politics.

/THREAD
Yet it's ironic he could have kept the event in Miami per the contract terms but couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself.

You said trump will win because to many businesses move to mexico. I asked if it's okay to use his powers to force business back to the states is legal and right.
He will make it more profitable to remain here. Some will still remain off shore but the majority will want to stay here.
Don't hold your breath on McConnell or Ryan ever letting that come up for a vote. LOL

Forum List

Back