Fantastic Businessman Trump Loses 55 Year Golf Event To Mexico

The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico

So "fantastic businessman" Trump can't even negotiate a sponsor for an event at his golf course .. but he's ready to take on the world. :0)

This is why Putin loves him.

And Kim Jung-un of North Korea....... What an honor............. At the same time berating UK leader.

one reason Donnie bought Doral was because it was a very successful operation (long before he came along) and a PGA Tour event course is a major draw ... think national television for two days crowds in the thousands Thursday thru Sunday ... list is endless.

good job Donnie, keep taking. Trumpbots love it, sponsors hate it. Now Mexico can pay for your wall with your $$.

Is the PGA supposed to be a political organization?

The PGA is supposed to appeal to the broadest spectrum of people. Allowing bigotry to dominate is a business killer.

Enforcing the law is not bigotry.

That is political bias talking on your part.

Calling Mexicans "rapists, murderers and drug dealers" is bigoted and racist.

Banning all Muslim immigration into the US, is both bigoted and unconstitutional.

Saying you would go after terrorists' families is advocating committing war crimes.

No company which hopes to appeal to all Americans will want their company or its products associated with someone like this. The majority of white people won't even vote for him, much less people of colour.
Oh? Unfortunately, I don't think there's much doubt that a maj of white voters will vote for Trump. But, you're correct in that we may not even see 50% of eligible voters show up in Nov.

As an aside, it's pretty funny to me that Mickelson pretty much admitted to insider trading when he gave up the money he made, but not a peep from sponsors. And Trump got dumped by Cadillac.

Trump-Tool-600-CI.jpg

Can you be more specific? How did he destroy the tradition?

I can't say positively. If Cadillac or the PGA would add more information to the move it could be substantiated that his words did him in. Beyond that, the fact that he couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself says a lot. He certainly didn't do anything to save it, that alone demonstrates he didn't have high regard for the tradition.
Sounds like you are making shit up. There was no where else in the US for the PGA tour? I suspect Mexico offered a better deal and they took it.
The PGA picked Mexico for a specific reason, and the reason is Trump.
What's your source, besides the shit that flies out of libturd asses.
I've posted the link twice on this thread you fockign idiot piece of dog turd. Now fock off. Or better yet figure out how to google it for your lazy ass self. JFC. I've had Mexican lawn care people with more skills.
So it was a political decision, Trump had nothing to do with it. Thanks for fessing up what a dumb fuck you were. You don't know my skills and you probably hire illegals to save a buck, you cheap bastard. Then you criticize Trump? LOL.

Through fed changes possibly, but state and local woukd also have to participate.
You said trump will win because to many businesses move to mexico. I asked if it's okay to use his powers to force business back to the states is legal and right.
He will make it more profitable to remain here. Some will still remain off shore but the majority will want to stay here.

Through fed changes possibly, but state and local woukd also have to participate
They will get on board the people and unions will demand it. Remember...for the first time ever the GOP candidate has the union members on his team. That's huge.

Through fed changes possibly, but state and local woukd also have to participate.
You said trump will win because to many businesses move to mexico. I asked if it's okay to use his powers to force business back to the states is legal and right.
He will make it more profitable to remain here. Some will still remain off shore but the majority will want to stay here.
Well, I don't see how anyone can do that when a product can be sold at a lower price if it's manufactured elsewhere .... unless govt uses non-market tools to "tax" the manufucaturer. And there's no way McConnell and Ryan ever let a vote on that occur.

I wonder if Donnie will bring back his business from Mexico?
Hey it's the fake warrior....how ya doin Juan? Donnie will do just fine, he always has.

No he hasn't always done fine. He has gone bankrupt four times and has dozens of failed businesses.
You need to look at other large corporations...they all go through what Trump has at one time or another. Sears, Target, Sams club Price club etc etc

You talk like Fox news........ Technically yes he is doing fine ............... BUT he bragged and his supporters how good he is when he cannot eeeeeeeven find a single sponsor for this tournament. Tell me again how good he is.

The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico

The Donald does not lose well.

Good. I'm tired of losing well.

I want to fucking win, no matter how "badly".

I feel ya, and so do all the folks who supported Trump in the primary, but the fact remains that he can't and won't answer policy questions. I don't like Trump. I think he is as bad for America as Bammer has been, and I think he will be as bad as Hillery will be. That said, in all likely hood I will end up voting for him
Well, I don't see how anyone can do that when a product can be sold at a lower price if it's manufactured elsewhere .... unless govt uses non-market tools to "tax" the manufucaturer. And there's no way McConnell and Ryan ever let a vote on that occur.

Exactly. And when the general election campaign and debates begin on trade alone he will get pounced by that very fact. I don't see any republicans in senate or congress backing him on that so he will take some hits there and that doesn't even begin foreign policy.

I don't like Trump, but who is claiming he is the world's greatest business man? Only you seem to be claiming that to push a false dichotomy.
That course has been around for a long time. Long before Trump stapled his name onto it. And now he's destroyed a tradition that existed long before he came along.

Dipshit can't even make a golf course great again. Get ready for the same to be done to America.

I can't say positively. If Cadillac or the PGA would add more information to the move it could be substantiated that his words did him in. Beyond that, the fact that he couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself says a lot. He certainly didn't do anything to save it, that alone demonstrates he didn't have high regard for the tradition.
Sounds like you are making shit up. There was no where else in the US for the PGA tour? I suspect Mexico offered a better deal and they took it.
Business is business. One would think the world's greatest businessman would have been up to the challenge.

Dude didn't he bragged how good negotiator he is? Then he cannot even negotiate a golf tournament. He has plenty of chance to make deal with h other sponsors but his problem with PGA and other golf tournament has been brewing since July 2015.

Golf organizations distance themselves from Trump

It had nothing to do with his ability as a businessman and everything to do with politics.

/THREAD
Yet it's ironic he could have kept the event in Miami per the contract terms but couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself.

Look up the definition of irony, dumbass. He couldn't get the sponsors because of politics.

I don't like Trump, but who is claiming he is the world's greatest business man? Only you seem to be claiming that to push a false dichotomy.

Business is business. One would think the world's greatest businessman would have been up to the challenge.

Dude didn't he bragged how good negotiator he is? Then he cannot even negotiate a golf tournament. He has plenty of chance to make deal with h other sponsors but his problem with PGA and other golf tournament has been brewing since July 2015.

You realize your article is over a year old?

It had nothing to do with his ability as a businessman and everything to do with politics.

/THREAD
Yet it's ironic he could have kept the event in Miami per the contract terms but couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself.

Look up the definition of irony, dumbass. He couldn't get the sponsors because of politics.

That's a good point. I figured money would trump (no pun intended) polotics. In defence of the Donald, the fact that PGA was here all these years and did not leave until now says, or at least implies he knows and knew what was up. If Donal Trump would not be so fast to call them poopy face far heads he could spin it to his advantage.

That course has been around for a long time. Long before Trump stapled his name onto it. And now he's destroyed a tradition that existed long before he came along.

Dipshit can't even make a golf course great again. Get ready for the same to be done to America.

How many times do you need to be told that Trump had no control over the sponsors? My God you're a cementhead.

You realize your article is over a year old?

This just in:

Japan Surrenders!!!!!

sponsors are and will continue pulling away from Donnie's MOUTH.

shit happens to shit-slinger's, and he is TOP GUN.
Businesses are nervous about identifying themselves with Trump. His hateful and racist rhetoric is creating a backlash among women, Hispanics and Muslims. Many organizations and businesses are choosing not to be identified with Trump.

Businesses are nervous about identifying themselves with Trump. His hateful and racist rhetoric is creating a backlash among women, Hispanics and Muslims. Many organizations and businesses are choosing not to be identified with Trump.

What has he said that is hateful or racist?

What did he say that was racist?

What has he said that is hateful or racist?
Ha, posted at the same time. He thinks illegals means Mexicans.

Forum List

Back