"Far Right" can't win for GOP? ...BS!

Let's just look at history to prove how wrong the OP is

1992 - George Bush Sr.'s closest, more conservative, opponent? Pat Buchanan. Buchanan vs. Bill Clinton?

1996 - Bob Dole's closest, more conservative, opponent? Again, Pat Buchanan. Other conservative-er competitors, Steve Forbes and Alan Keyes.

2008 - McCain's more conservative competition? Romney, Huckabee, Alan Keyes, Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, Sam Brownback. Which of those guys beats Obama in 2008?

2012 - Romney's more conservative competition? Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann,

see any winners in that crowd?

See any winners in any of the aforementioned conservatives?

Again... You are asking me to give you examples of people who could have beaten Obama when no one beat Obama! I've already said, Conservatives lacked a voice! That means, they did not have a candidate who could win... and they didn't win. I don't get the point of this exercise...I am supposed to give you a name of someone who could have won but we already know who won and who could have potentially won by the results.

No.
You're supposed to support your thesis.
You brought it up....

There were at least 4 conservatives in the field, Gingrich, Perry, Paul, and Bachman. They didn't get a single delegate as I recall. They didn't win a single primary either if I recall.

Rick Santorum was about as conservative as the four I mentioned (I put him aside because he did win some states) and he was drubbed.

But your thesis seems to be that if any of those 5 elevated to the General Election, this groundswell of discontented voters would have risen up out of nowhere and elected them when the guy who beat them was taken to the woodshed by Obama?

You seem to be very confused. Maybe it's all that extra splooge going to your bimbo brain? You seem to be making my "thesis" into some idiotic argument that I never made. I clearly stated that the GOP did not have a strong conservative voice, that Conservatives lacked a strong voice.... Are you not registering my words here? The Conservative candidate who could have beaten Obama did not exist, did not run, wasn't an option for voters. I can't make a case for someone who didn't exist, didn't run or wasn't an option.

Yes, Rick Santorum was more conservative than Mitt Romney! He didn't win the primary so we don't know how well he might have done against Obama. We can't re-live the past so there is no way for us to confirm speculations on this, it's just a futile gesture that means absolutely nothing at this point. In both 2008 and 2012, the GOP nominated a moderate instead of a Conservative and they lost. If they do it again in 2016, they will lose again.

Newt Gingrich is about a strong a conservative voice as there ever has been. Santorum won 11 primaries. And you think someone running to his right would have won more?

Rest easy.

The "debate" raging among the Republicans at this time is between what the left calls "far right" and the GOP establishment elite. In fact, the elites are even adopting the leftist rhetoric and calling conservatives "far right" in an attempt to marginalize them. So we keep coming back to this "far right" tag which simply refers to people who are passionately committed to conservative philosophy.
So you have the Left, Democrats, Liberals and Republicans calling CON$ervatives "the far Right."
It appears everybody except the "far Right" calls CON$ervatives the "far Right."
So why are you "far Right" CON$ervatives so ashamed of being so far right?

Well because "left, democrat and liberal" are all the same thing and "republican" is not far behind. Conservatives aren't "far" anything and not a single one of you has yet to provide any example of such. It's all RHETORIC!
And by that same token, Far Right, Extremist, Radical, CON$ervative are the same thing.
I can pontificate better than you!

What has been missing for Conservatives is a voice.

What has been missing for Conservatives is an intelligent voice.

There are hundreds of retards on the air speaking for Conservatives. That's the problem.

Yes, retards like John McCain, Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, Lindsay Graham, Jeb Bush and Chris Christie. People who don't understand Conservative philosophy at all but know that they need to appeal to Conservatives to win.

These people have bastardized Conservatism into some warped incarnation of "far right" ideological fanaticism that no one seems to be able to give any example of.

Neither Edge nor Boss are the intelligent voice for their brand of far right conservatism.

There is no sensible, unified philosophy of far right Conservatism.

And their nonsense will not provided a base for a Republican victory next year.

Hardcore right wingers say there's no such thing as the hardcore right, hardcore left wingers say there's no such thing as the hardcore left.

Commitment to a hardcore partisan ideology literally distorts perception, so it's quite possible that these people are being perfectly honest.

From their perspective.

Everyone feels they aren't hard core anything. They feel they're moderates.

I think I clearly stated that what Conservatives have been missing is a voice.
Yeah, that must be it, no CON$ervoFascist is capable of speaking for CON$ervoFascism without it sounding like CON$ervoFascism and CON$ervoFascism can't win unless a CON$ervoFascist can make CON$ervoFascism sound more mainstream.

The "debate" raging among the Republicans at this time is between what the left calls "far right" and the GOP establishment elite. In fact, the elites are even adopting the leftist rhetoric and calling conservatives "far right" in an attempt to marginalize them. So we keep coming back to this "far right" tag which simply refers to people who are passionately committed to conservative philosophy.
So you have the Left, Democrats, Liberals and Republicans calling CON$ervatives "the far Right."
It appears everybody except the "far Right" calls CON$ervatives the "far Right."

Well because "left, democrat and liberal" are all the same thing and "republican" is not far behind. Conservatives aren't "far" anything and not a single one of you has yet to provide any example of such. It's all RHETORIC!
And by that same token, Far Right, Extremist, Radical, CON$ervative are the same thing.

Well then, how about pontificating what is 'extremist or radical' about Conservative philosophy?

Insisting that you've made your case doesn't make your case.

Neither Edge nor Boss are the intelligent voice for their brand of far right conservatism.

Another post... still no examples of what is meant by "FAR RIGHT!"

Folks... they can't answer you on this! It's all rhetoric!

Another post... still no examples of what is meant by "FAR RIGHT!" Folks... they can't answer you on this! It's all rhetoric!
Yep, I have: you are far right. Everyone who reads your nonsensical postings realize that you are a far right dodo fuckwit.

Especially when they aren't hardcore anything and no one can present any examples where they are! I keep asking for some examples.... still not a thing!

Conservatism is a philosophy and not an ideology. That means, conservatives are mostly not ideologues. They vary widely in their personal views on singular issues, they don't follow a template like liberal ideologues.

Especially when they aren't hardcore anything and no one can present any examples where they are! I keep asking for some examples.... still not a thing!

Conservatism is a philosophy and not an ideology. That means, conservatives are mostly not ideologues. They vary widely in their personal views on singular issues, they don't follow a template like liberal ideologues.
Nonsense and you can't give evidence to counter that. Your conservative philosophy is no more than nonsensical ideology that America rejects. Reagan would have turned you out in the alley.

Another post... still no examples of what is meant by "FAR RIGHT!" Folks... they can't answer you on this! It's all rhetoric!
Yep, I have: you are far right. Everyone who reads your nonsensical postings realize that you are a far right dodo fuckwit.

Then it should be really easy for you to reel off some examples of how I've been "far right" and what "far right" means... wouldn't you think? :dunno:

All I keep getting is you repeating the same "far right" rhetoric over and over like a moron. Give us some examples... what do I support that is "far right" or "radical" or "extreme" ....go ahead, list some things and let's talk?

Well then, how about pontificating what is 'extremist or radical' about Conservative philosophy?

Insisting that you've made your case doesn't make your case.
CON$ervoFascism is all about SPITE! When Obama won, the very next day most articulate voice for CON$ervoFascism spitefully hoped ALL average hard working Americans would SUFFER the loss of their jobs.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

March 27, 2013
RUSH: We're talking about schadenfreude. You know what schadenfreude is. That is loving, that is enjoying the discomfort of others

CON$ervoFascisn sees only 2 sides, their side and the enemy. If you are not a CON$ervoFascist, then "by definition" you are the enemy.

May 12, 2008
RUSH: I maintain that moderates and independents are Democrats. Because, by definition, if someone or some organization is not conservative, it's by definition going to be liberal, not moderate, not independent, it's going to be liberal

The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category.
- Adolf Hitler

I could go on.

There's no such thing as a 'Far-Right'.

One either Recognizes, Respects, Defends and Adheres to the Principles that define America, or one does not and since there's no such thing as "REALLY Recognizing, Respecting, Defending, and Adhering to American Principles, well... you know.

The thing to understand however is that where one runs a campaign resting upon those principles... one wins. And that is because those principles speak to the human soul.
There's no such thing as a 'Far-Right'.
if you say so.....

Hardcore right wingers say there's no such thing as the hardcore right, hardcore left wingers say there's no such thing as the hardcore left.

Commitment to a hardcore partisan ideology literally distorts perception, so it's quite possible that these people are being perfectly honest.

From their perspective.

AGAIN... (and I plan to keep point this out, over and over and over) It takes about two brain cells to bow up and call someone a name! What you are continuing to FAIL doing is showing something to indicate this "hardcore partisan ideology" that makes the "far right" so "extreme and fanatical" or whatever.

How about presenting some examples of "far right hardcore partisan ideology" for us? Balancing a budget? Controlling illegal immigration? Adhering to the Constitution? What exactly do you have to support your claim?

*CRICKETS*
Not sure what the "CRICKETS" thing is, I'm always more than happy to provide an opinion when asked. And when I say that someone is a "hardcore partisan ideologue", I'm not trying to engage in name-calling. I'm quite serious about each word in that phrase, and you'll never see me calling someone here a nasty name.

So, to answer your question: I am confident that you understand that political opinion lies along a spectrum, from Left to Right. So an example of this would be the use of the term RINO, which generally means a Republican who does not agree with all of the GOP platform. I'm sure you have heard that term, so no doubt I don't need to go into more detail there.

So what do I mean by "hardcore right wing partisan ideologue"? Well, there are two parts to that: Ideological and behavioral.

Ideological: Easy call here. Off the top of my head: No abortions, no gay marriage, neocon war & foreign policy, total free market healthcare, decrease federal government spending at all costs, constant push for fewer gun laws, constant push for lower personal and corporate income taxes and other taxation, constant push to abolish any number of federal government departments (from education to IRS). Surely you recognize that there are some conservatives who may not push quite as hard or might even disagree with one or two of those positions, thereby moving them toward the Left on the aforementioned "spectrum".

Behavioral: Partisan ideologues on both ends regularly engage in the same dishonest behaviors: Spin, deflection, distortion, denial, hyperbole, straw man arguments and outright lies in a transparent effort to maximize all arguments, data and information on their "side" and to minimize, avoid, ignore all contrary arguments, data and information. Ideology over everything else, from honesty to country. Further, I have become convinced that adherence to a hardcore partisan ideology literally distorts perception, making people truly believe and say things that they would not if they were in a more rational state of mind.

There. I hope that clarifies.

Nonsense and you can't give evidence to counter that. Your conservative philosophy is no more than nonsensical ideology that America rejects. Reagan would have turned you out in the alley.

Where are your examples? Still missing? What do I support that Reagan would have opposed? Explain what you think "conservative ideology" is and why you think it's radical or extreme?

Another post... still no examples of what is meant by "FAR RIGHT!"

Folks... they can't answer you on this! It's all rhetoric!
Here is an example of all it takes to be far Right, it's that simple!

Feb 20, 2015
RUSH: All you need to know is Obama wants it; you should oppose it. It's that simple.

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back