Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

When are you going to realize that it doesn't matter what YOU think about it? You don't have to hang out with anyone who owns a gun. That is your free choice. However, you have NO RIGHT to tell other people what they can and cannot have or do, as long as they are within the law. It's no one else's fault that you are paranoid and live in fear. That's YOUR problem.

A guy who lives next door to me shot himself with a gun. Before that he wildly shot into the parking lot where I and the other residents of our complex live.

While I would love to take all you gun nuts and isolate you to some area where we can just wait for Natural Selection to take its course... the reality is, as long as we have to live with you nuts, we are goign to stick in your faces every time a nut mows down a room full of preschoolers.

Because you guys own that.

It is irrelevant. The fact is that cars and other things are used to "kill people" too! Guns are for self defense.

33,000 people are killed with guns.

only 200 are ruled to be "Self-Defense".

Seems to me the cure is worse than the disease.

Wrong...you lie again...

there were 8,124 gun murders in 2014.

there were 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013.

Total deaths...8,629 by gun murder or gun accident....

The rest are suicides and do not count since Japan, South Korea and China have 0 access to guns and have 2 times the rate of suicide as we do and Poland, Russia and Hungary have extreme to total gun control and have higher suicide rates than we do....

bill clinton found that Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent crime.....

8,124 gun murders. 505 accidental gun deaths.

total....8,629

1,500,000 self defense uses of guns by armed Americans...

Can you figure out which number is bigger Joe?

You can ask a friend for help.....but knowing you...your friends won't be able to tell either....

When are you going to realize that it doesn't matter what YOU think about it? You don't have to hang out with anyone who owns a gun. That is your free choice. However, you have NO RIGHT to tell other people what they can and cannot have or do, as long as they are within the law. It's no one else's fault that you are paranoid and live in fear. That's YOUR problem.

A guy who lives next door to me shot himself with a gun. Before that he wildly shot into the parking lot where I and the other residents of our complex live.

While I would love to take all you gun nuts and isolate you to some area where we can just wait for Natural Selection to take its course... the reality is, as long as we have to live with you nuts, we are goign to stick in your faces every time a nut mows down a room full of preschoolers.

No...you guys own that.....you made it a gun free zone which draws killers like flies.....and that disarm normal gun owners that could stop them....that is all on you...

Yes? And??? Some people are going to kill other people too. That is not a reason to impose on other people's rights who do not and would not do such things.

That has nothing to do with anything. The fact is that cars are used to kill people sometimes. Almost anything can become a weapon, duh.

Well, it has everything to do with it.

Guns are designed TO KILL PEOPLE!!! That's their purpose. That's why they were invented. ANd every year, the gun industry markets deadlier and deadlier guns.

now, if the Car Industry acted like the gun industry, this would be next years model...

MMFR_PlymouthRock-876x534.jpg

Perhaps you can explain how someone killed by a nut with a car is less dead than someone killed by a nut with a gun.

It's not that car deaths are less dead. It's that it's a purer, more noble, morally exalted death than one by a filthy, evil gun.

Yes? And??? Some people are going to kill other people too. That is not a reason to impose on other people's rights who do not and would not do such things

Then learn how to police your own.

It seems like a pretty simple thing to do. If someone in your group is making you all look like, oh, trigger happy racist nuts... maybe you need to do something about that.

It's not that car deaths are less dead. It's that it's a purer, more noble, morally exalted death than one by a filthy, evil gun.

No, there's a major difference.

Cars aren't designed to kill people, and every year, the auto industry engages in a lot of activities to make driving safer, whether it is improving their designs, introducing new technologies, working for improved safety laws.

So not surprisingly, the death rate from Auto Accidents has declined from 50,000 in 1979 to 32,000 in 2014, despite the population going up by 100 million people.

MEANWHILE, the gun industry has stroven to make their products deadlier, to market assault weapons, hollow point and teflon coated (cop-killer) bullets, to weaken background checks. While most of us see Adam Lanza as a nut, the Gun Industry sees him as a prime customer.

Cars aren't designed to kill people, and every year, the auto industry engages in a lot of activities to make driving safer, whether it is improving their designs, introducing new technologies, working for improved safety laws.

So not surprisingly, the death rate from Auto Accidents has declined from 50,000 in 1979 to 32,000 in 2014, despite the population going up by 100 million people.

MEANWHILE, the gun industry has stroven to make their products deadlier, to market assault weapons, hollow point and teflon coated (cop-killer) bullets, to weaken background checks. While most of us see Adam Lanza as a nut, the Gun Industry sees him as a prime customer.

The gun murder rate has gone down 50% since the 90s as more Americans own and carry guns……..hollow points actually keep bullets from over penetrating moron and going through the criminals and hitting other people…you guys are against them because you want more innocents hit……

You guys made it possible for the Sandy Hook shooter to kill unmolested…it is your gun free zone policy that draws these monsters.

Wrong...you lie again...

there were 8,124 gun murders in 2014.

Guy, you can keep repeating the same questionable figures.

I don't give a fuck.

You seem to think that some people it's okay if they die, because you really care more about compensating for your tiny pecker than the carnage you cause.

Ahh. There is a thread that was closed talking about people like you! :D Lol. Just because you are afraid of guns does not mean someone who has one or more is compensating for anything. Some people are interested in guns. That includes some women too.

No...you guys own that.....you made it a gun free zone which draws killers like flies.....and that disarm normal gun owners that could stop them....that is all on you...

You gun nut never stop anything. Most of you are too cowardly. Again, done with you until you get new material.

This is what people who are on the losing end of an argument say, Joe. :D

That is irrelevant. Cars can and do kill people. WAY more people than guns. Your chances of being killed with this 2-ton machine which was not made with the "intentions" of killing anyone are MUCH more likely than your chances of being shot.

Yes? And??? Some people are going to kill other people too. That is not a reason to impose on other people's rights who do not and would not do such things

Then learn how to police your own.

It seems like a pretty simple thing to do. If someone in your group is making you all look like, oh, trigger happy racist nuts... maybe you need to do something about that.

In my "group?" I don't belong to any groups, so I don't know what you are talking about.

That is irrelevant. Cars can and do kill people. WAY more people than guns. Your chances of being killed with this 2-ton machine which was not made with the "intentions" of killing anyone are MUCH more likely than your chances of being shot.

Here's the thing. We can live without guns. We really can't live without cars.

No. We don't want to live under your nanny government ideals. The government doesn't have any rights to revoke one of our rights. That is what the BOR is for! That is the whole purpose of that document (s), to protect US from the government and because we have a "natural" right to self defense. Anyone who has read the federalist papers would know this. You seem ignorant of what the purpose of and role is of our government.

Here's the thing. We can live without guns. We really can't live without cars.

No we can't….the victims of murder, rape and violent assault will disagree with you….as will any future generations facing genocide, mass murder or ethnic cleansing….

The gun murder rate has gone down 50% since the 90s as more Americans own and carry guns……..h…

Guns in the United States — Firearms, gun law and gun control

Gun Homicide rates.

1998: 9,257
2013: 11,208

Sorry, it went UP!!!!

And here is the FBI table 8……it is a great table because it goes back4 years to show the rates of decrease….

2014 table…..

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

From 2014…..and I added 2011……

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Murder by firearm….

2007-- 10,129
2008-- 9,528
2009-- 9,199
2010-- 8,874
2011-- 8,653
2012-- 8,897
2013-- 8,454