FBI investigates Virginia incident

How do you cut the gas line without blowing yourself up unless you first cut the gas off?

You can cut a gas line with a sharp object that won't generate sparks, like say.......a galvanized shovel.

How do I know this? I lived in the country growing up, and know about being careful around stuff like that.

Or, you could shut off the gas, split the line, turn it back on and book.

Something like that is a lot more common than you may think. That's why in certain areas, you are required to call the city prior to digging in your yard.

How difficult would it be to cut the gas supply off to do that?

Fox new series: Internet Tough Guy Ultimate Fighting Match, tonight right after American Idol!

Whatever you say Frank.

I have my gun and I know how to use it, thanks to the US Army.

I'm not one to start a fight, but if someone comes on my property and endangers my family, you can be sure as fuck that I'm going to take them out.

I think that's just common sense, not a "tough guy" attitude.

GOOD point the FBI should be lookimng into people with certain tools.

Fox new series: Internet Tough Guy Ultimate Fighting Match, tonight right after American Idol!

Whatever you say Frank.

I have my gun and I know how to use it, thanks to the US Army.

I'm not one to start a fight, but if someone comes on my property and endangers my family, you can be sure as fuck that I'm going to take them out.

I think that's just common sense, not a "tough guy" attitude.

What good is your gun if you're under Dingell's desk?

Who is being paranoid? Dingell said they were trying to control the populace through health care. How the heck is it paranoid to actually listen to what is being said???

No, he didn't.

He said "control the people" in the context of keeping the members of congress from changing their votes. You can hear that just in the short clip you provided.

Once again, context is everything.

Dingell's remarks had nothing to do with "Controlling the populace through healthcare".

But I"m sure both of you already knew that.

You can cut a gas line with a sharp object that won't generate sparks, like say.......a galvanized shovel.

How do I know this? I lived in the country growing up, and know about being careful around stuff like that.

Something like that is a lot more common than you may think. That's why in certain areas, you are required to call the city prior to digging in your yard.

Not hard at all. Most gas lines to individual houses have a meter that can be shut off right next to the house.

One thing that could have been done is that they shut off the gas, disconnected the pipe fittings to the meter, and then turned the gas back on.

Can be done with a couple of wrenches in around 5-10 minutes (changed propane tanks on occasion in the country).

Not hard at all. Most gas lines to individual houses have a meter that can be shut off right next to the house.

One thing that could have been done is that they shut off the gas, disconnected the pipe fittings to the meter, and then turned the gas back on.

Can be done with a couple of wrenches in around 5-10 minutes (changed propane tanks on occasion in the country).

It was a propane tank they cut I believe.

We are for corporate control of the populace? Seriously? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If you are one of the far-right folks I mentioned, yes.

Completely removing any restrictions or regulation on corporate power is effectively giving control of the populace to the corporations.

Whether you realize it or not, that is what you are promoting.

Extreme leftists like to think that they are not actually in favor of total government control either, but that is what they are promoting.

What most people in America are in fact for, is the best of both left and right ideals, as long as they add up to a maximum benefit to the people.

The same people lied to you and said FDR was "Great"

Hitler was a Leftist, the first thing he did was take over the car companies, just like another modern Fascist

and then promptly turned around and gave them to private Cartel owners...

You're talking about Obama handing the car companies to UAW right?

The United States is the primary shareholder of GM. The members of the UAW is a secondary shareholder.

The only reason the government took over GM was that GM owed the American taxpayer tens of billions of dollars. As the main creditor, the government took over a majority share to pay the debt.

The members of the UAW were a minority creditor to GM, and therefore were given a smaller share.

Anyone who has a problem with government ownership of GM is free to buy stock to make it privately owned again. Go ahead, be my guest.

It's probably a good investment as I hear stock prices have been doing quite well lately.

ok. I've had a few minutes to scan the article. Assuming it's true - and i see no reason to disbelieve it - then it is an absolutely outrageous thing to do.

hahahazhahahahahahahah.

I'm glad you find it funny that someone disapproves of endangering the life of another. You're a sick individual, in my opinion.

I agree, outrageous and totally wrong.

And I don't think that the actions of one person reflect the whole of the Tea Party.

But, since the Lynchburg Tea Party denounced what has happened and made a statement saying that this "was not requested, sanctioned or endorsed" by the Tea Party, I guess we can just drop this whole discussion. Right TM? I mean your outrage at the Tea Party is now over since they didn't sanction or endorse Troxel, who is the man that put the address on-line.

Oh, the above quote is from the last paragraph in the following article.

C-Ville: This Just In

Rick

We are for corporate control of the populace? Seriously? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If you are one of the far-right folks I mentioned, yes.

Completely removing any restrictions or regulation on corporate power is effectively giving control of the populace to the corporations.

Whether you realize it or not, that is what you are promoting.

Extreme leftists like to think that they are not actually in favor of total government control either, but that is what they are promoting.

What most people in America are in fact for, is the best of both left and right ideals, as long as they add up to a maximum benefit to the people.

No it gives control to people. Individuals.

You see there is nothing evil about corporations. They are just a mechanism through which people can gather together and work together to create wealth. There are other such mechanisms: Partnerships, LLCs, etc. None of them are bad.

The idea that it's somehow evil for people to work together and provide a living for themselves is absolutely insane.

You just don't trust the people so you want the government to control everything.

and then promptly turned around and gave them to private Cartel owners...

You're talking about Obama handing the car companies to UAW right?

The United States is the primary shareholder of GM. The members of the UAW is a secondary shareholder.

The only reason the government took over GM was that GM owed the American taxpayer tens of billions of dollars. As the main creditor, the government took over a majority share to pay the debt.

The members of the UAW were a minority creditor to GM, and therefore were given a smaller share.

Anyone who has a problem with government ownership of GM is free to buy stock to make it privately owned again. Go ahead, be my guest.

It's probably a good investment as I hear stock prices have been doing quite well lately.

I must have missed where GM was being sold at auction for a tax lien

FBI Investigating Cut Gas Line At Home Of Dem Rep's Brother | TPMMuckraker

After a tea party organizer published the address of the brother of Rep. Tom Perriello (D-VA) in a blog post urging anti-health reform activists to "drop by," someone cut a propane gas line at the house, Politico is reporting.

Now the FBI is investigating what happened at the home near Charlottesville, according to Politico.

The development comes on the heels of at least five instances of vandalism -- mainly in the form of smashed doors and windows -- at Democratic offices around the country in the days around the House health care vote Sunday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't you Obamaroids do that with the Chrysler senior secured creditors and banker who refused TARP?

Indeed they did. Shot holes through windows too. I expect more and more payback-from all sides. Incivility breeds the same. When the other party has majority, I expect the same behavior will occur that seems so unfair today.

The country is splitting from within, it's choosing sides time. Many have tried the ballot box, time and again, no go. So? It's going to get worse, not better.

Civil disobedience is coming, will it escalate? I'm thinking, yes. I'm not advocating, indeed I think if all leadership would tone things down and become less wedded to their points, it could help a lot, but I do not see that sort of leadership, anywhere.

hahahazhahahahahahahah.

I'm glad you find it funny that someone disapproves of endangering the life of another. You're a sick individual, in my opinion.

I agree, outrageous and totally wrong.

And I don't think that the actions of one person reflect the whole of the Tea Party.

But, since the Lynchburg Tea Party denounced what has happened and made a statement saying that this "was not requested, sanctioned or endorsed" by the Tea Party, I guess we can just drop this whole discussion. Right TM? I mean your outrage at the Tea Party is now over since they didn't sanction or endorse Troxel, who is the man that put the address on-line.

Oh, the above quote is from the last paragraph in the following article.

Rick

It is true that this man's actions do not reflect the whole of the Tea Party.

But combined with other incidents, including many acts of vandalism and shouted threats, culminating with this incident and the threatening of the lives of a representative children committed today here in New York, there seems to be a possibility of a troubling trend here.

And there have been other more serious incidents.

While not directly associates with the Tea Parties, the IRS plane crash and the shooting of two cops at the Pentagon were at least partially the result of the strong anti-government rhetoric blanketing the media today.

People need to start being more careful about the pots they're stirring up.

Forum List

Back