FDA orders ban on all trans fat

Whine on about trans fat folks. More bans on certain chemicals are coming down the pike.

These fools can't even decide if eggs are good or bad

The fact that this is an issue for a federal level government agency is quite frankly ludicrous.

Since the government wants to control health care they dont want to take a chance on you getting sick,that costs money.
Next there'll be mandatory exercise.

And we'll all be required to have a Connected Home replete with sensors and cameras to monitor our compliance with Federally Mandated Lifestyle guidelines.

Just imagine. It's late a night. You crave some ice cream. Yet, the freezer door won't open because the Government has decided you ate enough today.

No biggie, yew jest head on down to...

Dramaqueen-vi.jpg

Trans fat is bad fat. You didn't know this? Huh.

And our life expectancy gets longer and longer.........

And you people think that the left will leave you alone in the bedroom........:rofl::rofl::rofl:
And our life expectancy gets longer and longer.
is that because of eating trans fats or Medical advancements?........

Who knows....?
i believe the Medical advancements since the 30's till now,kinda suggests that Medical advancements have played a pretty big part in how long people are now living...

Better diet, more food, better sleeping patterns, less violence.......better work environments, less manual labor.......many things can add to that....as well as better medicine....but don't worry.....the statists are going to screw up healthcare so that won't contribute to long life anymore....

..... Triple bypasses... quadruple bypasses... stents... pacemakers.... you know, all that magic invented because there were so many heart attacks happening...

And our life expectancy gets longer and longer.........

And you people think that the left will leave you alone in the bedroom........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Who knows....?
i believe the Medical advancements since the 30's till now,kinda suggests that Medical advancements have played a pretty big part in how long people are now living...

Better diet, more food, better sleeping patterns, less violence.......better work environments, less manual labor.......many things can add to that....as well as better medicine....but don't worry.....the statists are going to screw up healthcare so that won't contribute to long life anymore....

Yeah, we are going to screw up healthcare by banning a substance in our food that is a major cause of heart disease. You didn't take your meds today, did you?

He can't. Those meds are subject to safety guidelines from the FDA!

Dat's SOshullism!
hair-fire.gif

Randbots.... SMFH

Life expectancy in the U.S. is 34th among 194 nations.

Sorry.....I've seen those stats....they measure things differently......and are biased against the U.S.....

Right. So out of 194 nations on the list, they pick on the U.S. Did you forget to take your meds today?

From what I remember they rate things differently and score countries higher for government run healthcare.....again...it is a lie.......generated by leftists.........and wow...they found the U.S. sucked......how unexpected....please link by the way with the criteria they used to make that list....thanks.....

By all means, show us a scientifically derived list that rates the U.S. differently. Be sure to provide the original source.
"Life expectancy" ratings are nothing but ridiculous soothsaying.

Moronic idiots seem to have trouble comprehending that.

Fuckin' dumbass. Why don't you put a clown face in your avatar. You're just as clueless as them.

Sorry.....I've seen those stats....they measure things differently......and are biased against the U.S.....

Right. So out of 194 nations on the list, they pick on the U.S. Did you forget to take your meds today?

From what I remember they rate things differently and score countries higher for government run healthcare.....again...it is a lie.......generated by leftists.........and wow...they found the U.S. sucked......how unexpected....please link by the way with the criteria they used to make that list....thanks.....

By all means, show us a scientifically derived list that rates the U.S. differently. Be sure to provide the original source.

Ladies first....you brought up the list....I know what I have seen....again...please list the criteria used to make the judgement.....

List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

wow..Wikipedia....great source...and again...try to get a real source for something like this...thanks....

Ladies first....you brought up the list....I know what I have seen....again...please list the criteria used to make the judgement.....

wow..Wikipedia....great source...and again...try to get a real source for something like this...thanks....

On the exact page linked:

1. Figures are from the CIA World Factbook 2009[1] and from the 2010 revision of the United Nations World Population Prospects report, for 2005–2010,[3] (data viewable at http://esa.un.org/wpp/Sorting-Tables/tab-sorting_mortality.htm, with equivalent spreadsheets here, here, and here).

Only countries/territories with a population of 100,000 or more in 2010 are included in the United Nations list. WHO database 2013 http://www.who.int/gho/publications/world_health_statistics/EN_WHS2013_Full.pdf

2. "CIA - The World Factbook Life Expectancy". Cia.gov. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
    3. "Central Intelligence Agency Factbook Population". Cia.gov. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
    4. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (3 May 2011). "United Nations World Population Prospects: 2012 revision" (PDF). UN.
    5. "The World Fact-book Life Expectancy". Cia.gov. 2012.
    6. "Prevalence of HIV, total (% of population ages 15–49)".
    7. "Global Health Observatory Data Repository: Life expectancy – Data by country" (CSV). Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Statistics 2015, World Health Organization, WHO. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-21. the technical health information is based on data accurate with respect to the year indicated (2013)
    8. Das, Pamela; Samarasekera, Udani (2012). "The story of GBD 2010: a "super-human" effort". The Lancet 380 (9859): 2067–2070. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(12)62174-6.
      Wang, Haidong; Dwyer-Lindgren, Laura; Lofgren, Katherine T; Rajaratnam, Julie Knoll; Marcus, Jacob R; Levin-Rector, Alison; Levitz, Carly E; Lopez, Alan D; Murray, Christopher JL (2012). "Age-specific and sex-specific mortality in 187 countries, 1970–2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010". The Lancet 380 (9859): 2071–2094. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61719-X.

Learn to read, Dumbass.

Life expectancy in the U.S. is 34th among 194 nations.

Fuckin' dumbass. Why don't you put a clown face in your avatar. You're just as clueless as them.

Right. That's why the people that release those statistics are real scientists and you are not.

You are welcome to refute it. Or you can just whine like a widdle baby. Your choice.

Right. That's why the people that release those statistics are real scientists and you are not.
You're a mentally deranged anti-science brainwashed global warming nutjob. You're so fucked in the head that you wouldn't know the difference between a scientist and the tooth fairy.

At the end of the day you have the government once again playing nanny where they have to no business doing so. People know trans fats are not healthy for you, but in moderation they aren't going to kill you. They aren't arsenic. They are used in foods to increase the flavor which is why many restaurants use them and processed foods contain them. Simply don't eat them if you're that concerned. The market works these things out on its own and grown adults can make their own decisions as to what they put in their bodies.

I dream of a world where people go about their daily lives in relative peace because everybody minds their own fucking business.

At the end of the day you have the government once again playing nanny where they have to no business doing so. People know trans fats are not healthy for you, but in moderation they aren't going to kill you. They aren't arsenic. They are used in foods to increase the flavor which is why many restaurants use them and processed foods contain them. Simply don't eat them if you're that concerned. The market works these things out on its own and grown adults can make their own decisions as to what they put in their bodies.

I dream of a world where people go about their daily lives in relative peace because everybody minds their own fucking business.

The FDA's JOB is to watch over the food supply. What is it you Randbots don't get about that??

What in the fuck is the issue with requiring a food seller to ensure its ingredients are safe? You want to inject trans fats for whatever perverse reasoning, find a way to do it safely and inject all you want.

Summa y'all just act like toddlers in here, no shit.

You're a mentally deranged anti-science brainwashed global warming nutjob. You're so fucked in the head that you wouldn't know the difference between a scientist and the tooth fairy.

Funny, I wouldn't have suspected based on your avatar that you are the tooth fairy.

Hogwash. The FDA has the authority given to them by Congress to protect the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation. It isn't like this is the first time they have banned dangerous products from the food chain. Stay tuned because there are more bans coming.

You are welcome to refute it. Or you can just whine like a widdle baby. Your choice.

Apparently he's going with Option B.

Funny, I wouldn't have suspected based on your avatar that you are the tooth fairy.
Idiotic rantings like that will just make you seem stupider. You display less intelligence than a chimp.

Hogwash. The FDA has the authority given to them by Congress to protect the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation. It isn't like this is the first time they have banned dangerous products from the food chain. Stay tuned because there are more bans coming.

And it isn't a "ban" anyway. It's simply letting food makers know that the honor system of them saying, "uh, yeah, this stuff's fine, trust us" won't be good enough and needs to be substantiated.

What kind of idiot would want that to NOT happen? Boggles the frickin' mind.

Forum List

Back