FDR's Message on Corporations and Fascism.

83 years ago FDR sent a message to Congress pointing out the top choice for taming the corporate state is government at national, state, and local levels because government is the only real source of law and power capable of restraining corporate rule:

Message to Congress on Curbing Monopolies. | The American Presidency Project

"Unhappy events abroad have retaught us two simple truths about the liberty of a democratic people.

"The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself.

"That, in its essence, is Fascism—ownership of Government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power."

"The second truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if its business system does not provide employment and produce and distribute goods in such a way as to sustain an acceptable standard of living."

Roosevelt's 1938 message to Congress resulted in the establishment of a commission to investigate concentrated corporate power; however, world events soon intervened:
ww2.jpg

World War II
He nailed it. The Great Satan Inc,Nlc is the most fascist of them all.
Quote this message and get an extra 5% off Amazon prime NOW.

Yes, yes. The answer to corporations having too much power to control the economy, is to have one corporation (called government) that controls everything. And has the police and military at its disposal.

Good call.
I think today we have no balance in this regard, we now have big corporations controlling our government, which the worst case scenario,

If the bottom 90% couldn't borrow, you twats would be whining about that.
When the bottom 90% have to pay higher rates, you twats will be whining about that.
Fucking whiney losers.
ab-111317-public.png

Public banking: The other winner in 2017 elections
State run banking, big brother would love that, it is easier to appease and screw the masses over.

It worked with student loans. Never mind the massive defaults coming.

We can’t control the ultra wealthy and the big corporations. We can vote out Fascist politicians.

Why do you need to control the ultra wealthy and big corporations? They can't control you.

Government, however, can. You don't see the difference?
You’re not understanding what is going on. Government and big corporations are one. They run the show.

Well, if that's the case, why in the WORLD would you want to give more power to government? Isn't throwing gasoline on the fire?

Yes, yes. The answer to corporations having too much power to control the economy, is to have one corporation (called government) that controls everything. And has the police and military at its disposal.

Good call.
I think today we have no balance in this regard, we now have big corporations controlling our government, which the worst case scenario,

What we have is government that has too much power to influence the economy. Such that people who seek economic power, are drawn to controlling government. That's why it seems so insane, to me, that people want to give government MORE power to influence the economy. We need to do exactly the opposite.

It tooks us hundreds of years to learn that the best way to keep religion from controlling government (theocracy) was to constitutionally remove the government's power to control religion. We're in the process of learning the same lesson regarding economic power. We need a similar "wall of separation".

We can’t control the ultra wealthy and the big corporations. We can vote out Fascist politicians.

Why do you need to control the ultra wealthy and big corporations? They can't control you.

You’re not understanding what is going on. Government and big corporations are one. They run the show.

Well, if that's the case, why in the WORLD would you want to give more power to government? Isn't throwing gasoline on the fire?
I’m not willing to give more power to government. I want government to do what’s right. That doesn’t include getting in bed with big corporations.

I’m not willing to give more power to government. I want government to do what’s right. That doesn’t include getting in bed with big corporations.

And how do you suggest we do that?

TR seemed to get it done. FDR did too. Do you think it impossible? Are we stuck in this fascist reality with no way out?

TR seemed to get it done. FDR did too. Do you think it impossible? Are we stuck in this fascist reality with no way out?
I don't know much about TR - but the radical expansion of federal power ushered in by FDR paved the way for the corporatism we're trudging through now.

State run banking, big brother would love that, it is easier to appease and screw the masses over.
"Public banking has been working well in North Dakota for over a century in spite of the opposition of greedy capitalists:

Bank of North Dakota - Wikipedia

"The Bank of North Dakota was established by legislative action in 1919 to promote agriculture, commerce and industry in North Dakota.[2]

"The bank was initially conceived by populists in the Non-Partisan League, as a credit union-style institution to free the farmers of the state from predatory lenders.

"However, these functions were largely blocked by out-of-state financial actors refusing to buy the bank's bonds, which prevented its competition with commercial banks.[8][9]

"The business-backed Independent Voters Association then pursued political processes to force the bank's closure.[9]

"The recall of NPL Governor Lynn Frazier effectively ended that plan, with BND taking a more conservative central banking role in state finance."

"Public banking has been working well in North Dakota for over a century in spite of the opposition of greedy capitalists:

Bank of North Dakota - Wikipedia

"The Bank of North Dakota was established by legislative action in 1919 to promote agriculture, commerce and industry in North Dakota.[2]

"The bank was initially conceived by populists in the Non-Partisan League, as a credit union-style institution to free the farmers of the state from predatory lenders.

"However, these functions were largely blocked by out-of-state financial actors refusing to buy the bank's bonds, which prevented its competition with commercial banks.[8][9]

"The business-backed Independent Voters Association then pursued political processes to force the bank's closure.[9]

"The recall of NPL Governor Lynn Frazier effectively ended that plan, with BND taking a more conservative central banking role in state finance."

A conservative bank in a conservative state making conservative loans.

Why do you feel a state owned bank in Illinois, for example, would work?

New Topics

Forum List

Back