federal land

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
What is Donald trumps position on returning federal land to state control in the west? Any quotes?

I support our national parks! I think we should maintain some of our treasures...If you think we should destroy them then I feel sorry for you.

What makes you think the states want control of that land?

It's more of a burden than anything else.

As for what Drumpf thinks, I don't know. But I do know that he's pretty much the king of eminent domain abuses, so I wouldn't hold out hope.

As for what Drumpf thinks, I don't know. But I do know that he's pretty much the king of eminent domain abuses, so I wouldn't hold out hope.

We could even pave the highways or build most infrastructure if we didn't have it. Of course, the libertarians probably wish for the complete collapse o this country anyways.

What is Donald trumps position on returning federal land to state control in the west? Any quotes?

NONE of the candidates have pledged to abolish the gargantuan bankrupt welfare/warfare police state - so it will be business as usual.

NONE of the candidates have pledged to abolish the gargantuan bankrupt welfare/warfare police state - so it will be business as usual.

So trump won't restore the federal lands to the states or he has no position on it?

Did some research and it looks like Trump was asked about it:

Donald Trump: Don't hand federal lands to states

Real estate mogul Donald Trump would not let states take control of federal lands, the Republican presidential candidate said in a recent interview.

"I don't like the idea because I want to keep the lands great, and you don't know what the state is going to do," Trump said during a talk with Field & Stream magazine earlier this week.

The trade publication, sitting down with Trump at Las Vegas' Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show, had asked about the issue of turning over federally controlled lands to individual states -- an idea previously floated by rival 2016 contender and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and supported by staunch states-rights activists.

The proposal has also received more attention in light of recent actions by radical conservatives like Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his son Ammon Bundy, who led an armed group earlier this month in occupying a national wildlife refuge in Oregon to protest federal land use policies.

Trump cautioned, however, that states would be unpredictable in maintaining the designated lands.

"I mean, are they going to sell if they get into a little bit of trouble?" Trump asked. "I don't think it's something that should be sold."

He added: "We have to be great stewards of this land. This is magnificent land. And we have to be great stewards of this land

Trump will turn over all Federal Land to Trump Enterprises for future development

'Returning' it? Almost all of the western states, if not all, were territories before they were allowed to become states.

Territories, as in, land owned by the US government.

Trump will turn over all Federal Land to Trump Enterprises for future development

I doubt that but it is odd that a real estate developer thinks state control of lands is bad because they might sell it

If the BLM and Forest Service lands were given to the states, they would sell it to the highest bidder. Which would be people and institutions like the Koch Bros. and Exxon Mobile. Then you would see intensive energy development on that land. Much of those lands are prime for wind and solar, there are vast geothermal potentials, also, on much of that land. And the ranchers that presently graze there cows their at $1.63 a unit, would find themselves paying market price, about $20. And then, as they went broke, the owners of the land would buy the ranches for pennies on the dollar. And the rest of us would have to pay whatever the companies chose to charge for any kind of access to that land. Land that we can freely hunt, fish, and recreate on now for no cost. Giving that land to the states is an oligarchs dream, and that is what is behind the GOP push to do so.

I doubt that but it is odd that a real estate developer thinks state control of lands is bad because they might sell it

Not really odd at all. He knows that the more scarce land is for development, the more land is worth. If he made billions building tract homes instead of skyrises, his position would probably be different.

I don't know if states can legally take back those lands if they agreed to give it up in the first place. It isn't like the federal government swooped in and stole it. They had to give it up to them first. Other than that I am for returning it to the states with a few exceptions such as interstate highways.

I support our national parks! I think we should maintain some of our treasures...If you think we should destroy them then I feel sorry for you.

What makes you think states will give up those 'treasures'. The grand canyon is a huge money maker so why would states give it up.

I don't know if states can legally take back those lands if they agreed to give it up in the first place. It isn't like the federal government swooped in and stole it. They had to give it up to them first. Other than that I am for returning it to the states with a few exceptions such as interstate highways.

The states NEVER agreed to give those lands up.

The continuing criminal enterprise simply gobbled them up.

Forum List

Back