Federal Reserve Is Cutting Rates To Counteract The Damage From Trumps Disastrous Trade Policy

Excuse me they did raise it twice and seven times under Trump. Now you happy?
Lie first correct only when caught lying, the philosophy of the Right.
Funny how you were so fast to correct only 44 while leaving out anything about Trump.
Made a mistake can you say the same when you made no mention of the mistake I made on Trump?

One thing about the left you can never count on them to admit being wrong or telling the truth even when caught in a mistake or a lie. 99.9% of the time it's a lie
There was nothing wrong or untruthful in my post. The FED only raised rates under Obama and NEVER cut them. So where is the mistake or lie?
I'm sure being from the crazy left you have never heard of lie by omission.
I replied to exactly the LIE you posted.
They were all yelling about 44 economy being so great but the fed never raised rates.
Lol.as I said you had never heard of it.

Lie first correct only when caught lying, the philosophy of the Right.
Funny how you were so fast to correct only 44 while leaving out anything about Trump.
Made a mistake can you say the same when you made no mention of the mistake I made on Trump?

One thing about the left you can never count on them to admit being wrong or telling the truth even when caught in a mistake or a lie. 99.9% of the time it's a lie
There was nothing wrong or untruthful in my post. The FED only raised rates under Obama and NEVER cut them. So where is the mistake or lie?
They were all yelling about 44 economy being so great but the fed never raised rates.
Well YOU omitted it, so I didn't mention it. All you said was the FED never raised rates under Obama and I proved that to be a lie.

Well YOU omitted it, so I didn't mention it. All you said was the FED never raised rates under Obama and I proved that to be a lie.
Lol keep trying to understand a simple concept. Perhaps go back and reread the whole post. So far you have lied by omission three times. Maybe have someone more mature explain the whole thing.

Lol keep trying to understand a simple concept. Perhaps go back and reread the whole post. So far you have lied by omission three times. Maybe have someone more mature explain the whole thing.
So YOU lie by omission and that is supposed to reflect on me. :cuckoo:

Liberals are special kind of stupid wrapped up in a sloppy package of hate.

“There is just no question that Powell has been ‘Trumped’ here,” said investment strategist Ed Yardeni. “Just read Powell’s comments during his recent congressional testimony and trade comes up eight times in the context of weighing on the global economy. All Trump had to do was keep up geopolitical trade uncertainty for a while and he’d get the Fed to cut rates.”
That sounds like an effective strategy. It worked.

:laugh:

Rolf not only do you not understand but you actually believe that you can somehow turn it back. Congratulations I would not expect more then the IQ of a houseplant nor a true ability to talk about anything from someone on the left. At least you have not disappointed me.

President Donald Trump has long been infuriated with his Federal Reserve chairman, Jerome Powell, who he originally tapped to replace Janet Yellen in 2017, allegedly because he was taller than her. The president has violated all decorum by trying to lean on the Fed to reverse their recent interest rate hikes, accusing the central bank of trying to slow down the economy.

Now, Powell is finally cutting interest rates. But according to Politico, it isn’t because Trump demanded it. Rather, it’s because Trump’s trade policy is such a disaster for the economy that Powell has to resort to expansionary measures to keep things running.

“There is just no question that Powell has been ‘Trumped’ here,” said investment strategist Ed Yardeni. “Just read Powell’s comments during his recent congressional testimony and trade comes up eight times in the context of weighing on the global economy. All Trump had to do was keep up geopolitical trade uncertainty for a while and he’d get the Fed to cut rates.”

Trump has aggressively pursued an isolationist trade agenda, trying to bully America’s international partners into renegotiating trade agreements by slapping them with harsh tariffs. As a result, global growth is slowing, consumer prices are rising, and American farmers are losing billions.

The Federal Reserve is cutting interest rates to counteract the damage from Trump’s trade war: report

It's a good thing we have a government to check this loser and grifter. It may be to late though.
Obviously you have never negotiated a trade deal. Some times you must endure short term pain for long term gain. Trump understands this and you obviously do not. You think that you should have your cake, frosting and all right up front without having to work for it. Idiot!

The Fed is working with trump to get over the hump of short term pain to get to long term gain. But the left is to stupid too understand this.

What hump? The argument is that the economy is booming? Is that not true?
You really are stupid... The pain of increased prices even in a booming economy that will go down once a trade deal is reached.

It isn't getting reached. The "Great Negotiator" can not negotiate.
Now you have gone full retard....

President Donald Trump has long been infuriated with his Federal Reserve chairman, Jerome Powell, who he originally tapped to replace Janet Yellen in 2017, allegedly because he was taller than her. The president has violated all decorum by trying to lean on the Fed to reverse their recent interest rate hikes, accusing the central bank of trying to slow down the economy.

Now, Powell is finally cutting interest rates. But according to Politico, it isn’t because Trump demanded it. Rather, it’s because Trump’s trade policy is such a disaster for the economy that Powell has to resort to expansionary measures to keep things running.

Trump has aggressively pursued an isolationist trade agenda, trying to bully America’s international partners into renegotiating trade agreements by slapping them with harsh tariffs. As a result, global growth is slowing, consumer prices are rising, and American farmers are losing billions.

The Federal Reserve is cutting interest rates to counteract the damage from Trump’s trade war: report

It's a good thing we have a government to check this loser and grifter. It may be to late though.
Obviously you have never negotiated a trade deal. Some times you must endure short term pain for long term gain. Trump understands this and you obviously do not. You think that you should have your cake, frosting and all right up front without having to work for it. Idiot!

The Fed is working with trump to get over the hump of short term pain to get to long term gain. But the left is to stupid too understand this.

What hump? The argument is that the economy is booming? Is that not true?
You really are stupid... The pain of increased prices even in a booming economy that will go down once a trade deal is reached.

It isn't getting reached. The "Great Negotiator" can not negotiate.
Now you have gone full retard....

You have a status update on the negotiations? China is just going to run out the clock.

Rolf not only do you not understand but you actually believe that you can somehow turn it back. Congratulations I would not expect more then the IQ of a houseplant nor a true ability to talk about anything from someone on the left. At least you have not disappointed me.
YOU said the FED never raised rates under Obama, and I called you out on your lie. There was no omission on my part, and you know it.

Ron Johnson warned on Sunday that time is "running out" for President Donald Trump to resolve ongoing trade disputes, explaining that some of the "damage" to the economy would be "long term" otherwise.

"Clock is running out" for Trump to "conclude" trade disputes, GOP senator warns "damage will be long term"

The farmers are saying the same thing. They fear that Trump's trade war has cost them customers permanently.

American farmer: Trump 'took away all of our markets'

“All these countries went to different countries to get their grain,” Nuylen said. “How are we going to get the relations back with them to buy our grain again and be our customers?”

That sounds like an effective strategy. It worked.

:laugh:

you realize that is because Trump's geopolitical trade uncertainty is hurting our economy, right?

Of course, you liberals won't criticize the Fed for raising interest rates when the economy was showing strong signs of improvement, an action that the real-estate industry said hurt home sales.

And do you suppose that the Fed is lowering interest rates at least partly because Trump has so loudly criticized their raising of the rates?

Of course, you liberals won't criticize the Fed for raising interest rates when the economy was showing strong signs of improvement, an action that the real-estate industry said hurt home sales.

The Fed should raise the interest rates when the economy is showing strong signs of improvement, they are still at historical lows.

Ron Johnson warned on Sunday that time is "running out" for President Donald Trump to resolve ongoing trade disputes, explaining that some of the "damage" to the economy would be "long term" otherwise.

"Clock is running out" for Trump to "conclude" trade disputes, GOP senator warns "damage will be long term"

The farmers are saying the same thing. They fear that Trump's trade war has cost them customers permanently.

“All these countries went to different countries to get their grain,” Nuylen said. “How are we going to get the relations back with them to buy our grain again and be our customers?”

I'm sorry, but this is just such so ignorant, so misleading, and so dishonest. The trade deal that Trump negotiated with Canada and Mexico will be a huge improvement over NAFTA. Just go to C-SPAN and watch the Senate Finance Committee hearings on the Trump trade deal that were held over the last week. You'll see that a wide range of representatives from labor, agriculture, business, etc., acknowledged that Trump's deal will be much better than what we have now.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but this is just such so ignorant, so misleading, and so dishonest. The trade deal that Trump negotiated with Canada and Mexico will be a huge improvement over NAFTA. Just go to C-SPAN and watch the Senate Finance Committee hearings on the deal that were held over the last week. You'll see that a wide range of representatives from labor, agriculture, business, etc., acknowledged that Trump's deal will be much better than what we have now.

Bullshit. The new trade deal is a few minor tweaks of NAFTA, no major changes. The biggest change for the Ag community is the opening of 3.6% more of the Canadian dairy market. The USMCA will not do shit for the grain farmers and hog farmers that got fucked over in the trade war.

Bingo.

YOU said the FED never raised rates under Obama, and I called you out on your lie. There was no omission on my part, and you know it.
Son you have no idea. So I will leave you with your own crazy little world. You can pretend, lie or just play with yourself whatever makes you happy. Thank you for the laughs it has been a riot. Now go play with the rest of the preschoolers as I refuse to spend time with you anymore.

The trade deal that Trump negotiated with Canada and Mexico will be a huge improvement over NAFTA.
Hogwash! It was just a very minor tweak so the pathological liar can claim he did something, that is why it is called NAFTA 2.0

Forum List

Back