Feds Can't Keep Track of Your Tax Dollars - The Error Rates Are Staggering

Hell, nobody can even tell us how many different entities there are in the Executive Branch. How can they tell us how, when, and where the money is being spent?

Under the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act (DATA), agencies are required by law to submit their spending records to USAspending.gov.

However, a review of just 25 of the 96 federal agencies shows more than half of the information submitted, 55 percent, was either incomplete, inaccurate or both.

That adds up to $240 billion of government spending unaccounted for.

Much more @ Shocking Report Shows Feds Can't Keep Track of Your Tax Dollars - The Error Rates Are Staggering
Welcome to trump's admin. My guess is that the DoD is the #1 culprit. They should be audited and the military industrial gravy train for contractors should be halted.
:wtf:
Have you ever had a thought the DNC didn't tell you to have? :dunno:
Oh...is it not his admin?? Is he not aware of the happenings in his admin?

You think this started with Trump? Lol! Really? Do you? You could ask why didn’t Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman or Roosevelt fix it? You are just passing the buck.

I love how you nuts blame one party and not the other for the government’s irresponsiblity.

Hell, nobody can even tell us how many different entities there are in the Executive Branch. How can they tell us how, when, and where the money is being spent?

Under the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act (DATA), agencies are required by law to submit their spending records to USAspending.gov.

However, a review of just 25 of the 96 federal agencies shows more than half of the information submitted, 55 percent, was either incomplete, inaccurate or both.

Much more @ Shocking Report Shows Feds Can't Keep Track of Your Tax Dollars - The Error Rates Are Staggering
Welcome to trump's admin. My guess is that the DoD is the #1 culprit. They should be audited and the military industrial gravy train for contractors should be halted.
Lol. This not a new problem.

State Dept. misplaced $6B under Hillary Clinton: IG report
Did trump fix it? No? Ok I guess he's at least as bad as hil-dawg.
Not only will Trump not fix it, he will feed the bullshit conspiracy theory about TH3 SWAMP stealing the "missing money".

He will fix it as well as all the other administration did. That is why we are where we are.

A Big part of this is that government jobs do not pay on par with private sector jobs. The result is that most low level government employees are bottom of the barrel type workers. Many are at best incompetent and many are just plain corrupt.

You get what you pay for.

This low level corruption and incompetence does not fall under what Trump called 'Draining the swamp". Those are the high level government people. They should be supervising the low level workers, but their too busy entertaining lobbyist, speaking at fund raisers, and campaigning...to be bothered with supervisory duties.

If Trump truly wanted to 'drain the swamp' he'd start with his own administration - and start offering competitive salaries that would attract the best workers.

If Trump truly wanted to 'drain the swamp' he'd start with his own administration - and start offering competitive salaries that would attract the best workers.
You mean cheap below-market rent in a lobbyist's condo, taxpayer-paid vacations for cabinet official's wives, and $43,000 soundproof phone booths aren't enough?

You mean taxpayer-paid vacations for cabinet official's wives and $43,000 soundproof phone booths aren't enough?

No - I'm talking about the $30k-$70k workers that compromise the vast majority of government workers. Cabinet officials are kind of high level.

A Big part of this is that government jobs do not pay on par with private sector jobs. The result is that most low level government employees are bottom of the barrel type workers. Many are at best incompetent and many are just plain corrupt.

This low level corruption and incompetence does not fall under what Trump called 'Draining the swamp". Those are the high level government people. They should be supervising the low level workers, but their too busy entertaining lobbyist, speaking at fund raisers, and campaigning...to be bothered with supervisory duties.

Umm... Federal workers make more than their civilian counterparts. The other difference is accountability. There is none in the government.

The Pay of the Average Government Employee Vs. a Private Sector Employee

You mean taxpayer-paid vacations for cabinet official's wives and $43,000 soundproof phone booths aren't enough?

No - I'm talking about the $30k-$70k workers that compromise the vast majority of government workers. Cabinet officials are kind of high level.
Quite a few of those government workers go on to become millionaire lobbyists.

Umm... Federal workers make more than their civilian counterparts. The other difference is accountability. There is none in the government.

The Pay of the Average Government Employee Vs. a Private Sector Employee

I stand corrected....

Seems like all the politics that we like to argue about is nothing but a ruse constructed to distract us.

You think this started with Trump? Lol! Really? Do you? You could ask why didn’t Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman or Roosevelt fix it? You are just passing the buck.

I love how you nuts blame one party and not the other for the government’s irresponsiblity.
I suggest you get your head in the present. He's in charge and he's fixing it. Next.

I suggest you get your head in the present. He's in charge and he's fixing it. Next.
Sooooo, what fantasy planet are you posting from?

He won’t fix it and neither will the next President because they know ignorant assholes like yourself will vote for them.

Don't be such an ass!
This problem existed long before President Trump took office. One of his first actions was to issue an Executive Order calling on all federal agencies to conduct inventories of subagencies and departments to determine just wha exists and why. I'm sure it's going to take some time to get even preliminary results.

When did Obozo ever do the same?

Don't be such an ass!
This problem existed long before President Trump took office. One of his first actions was to issue an Executive Order calling on all federal agencies to conduct inventories of subagencies and departments to determine just wha exists and why. I'm sure it's going to take some time to get even preliminary results.

When did Obozo ever do the same?
Am I not orange enough to talk that way?

Forum List

Back