First day of school and pledge of allegiance

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
First day of school in Maryland. 4th period, each class, the school determines for the recitation for the Pledge of Allegiance. My 11th grade son is in is assigned class. He is the only one to stand up and recite. One of the slackers turns and says, “are we still doing this?”

I’d like to thank the Armed Forces, past and present, who made it possible for these malcontents and ingrates (and their parents and families) to sit idle during the Pledge of Allegiance. To the appeasing Big Education..... Go Fuck Yourself.

I pledge allegiance to the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands. One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

First day of school in Maryland. 4th period, each class, the school determines for the recitation for the Pledge of Allegiance. My 11th grade son is in is assigned class. He is the only one to stand up and recite. One of the slackers turns and says, “are we still doing this?”

I’d like to thank the Armed Forces, past and present, who made it possible for these malcontents and ingrates (and their parents and families) to sit idle during the Pledge of Allegiance. To the appeasing Big Education..... Go Fuck Yourself.
I grew up with a lot of Catholic kids who used to tell me how the nuns would beat them with rulers and make them kneel in painful positions and all kinds of stuff. Something seriously wrong here, I think they ought to hot wire a neon transformer to each seat and turn it on for the kids that think it too much bother to stand and respect the flag then go to the parent's house and beat the crap out of the old man.

This isn't free choice, this is a weakened nation, soft, unprepared, undeserving and unfit to remain free much longer.

And they wonder why we have mass shootings.. we have a culture problem in America.. we need to fix it.. one nation.. KICK OUT THE HATERS let them beg to return

'One nation under God' was introduced

It's not part of the original pledge

The insane religmos that want to run this country introduced it

so y'all can go back to school ,and gnaw on that

'cuz when i put hand on heart, it's for country, and country alone

& you 'effin religmo's can kiss my redneck azz if ya don't like it

~S~

I don't like to pledge allegiance to the flag of a country with so many queers, welfare queens, Illegals and Moon Bats.

They're just immature kids doing what is "cool." Most will grow out of it and many will eventually feel some shame.

I never thought I would or could see the Pledge of Allegiance and The National Anthem ignored or protested. We are now a nation of ingrates who ask not what the my can do for their country but what their country can do for them. Oh, 6th Period was History. An image of JFK was shown and no one recognized him except for my son and one other student.

It is a pledge

If it has to be repeated every day, it is not much of a pledge

It is a pledge

If it has to be repeated every day, it is not much of a pledge

It’s teaching students gratitude and personal accountability. What in God’s name is wrong with that and injecting Nationalism among all the students?

I grew up with a lot of Catholic kids who used to tell me how the nuns would beat them with rulers and make them kneel in painful positions and all kinds of stuff. Something seriously wrong here, I think they ought to hot wire a neon transformer to each seat and turn it on for the kids that think it too much bother to stand and respect the flag then go to the parent's house and beat the crap out of the old man.

This isn't free choice, this is a weakened nation, soft, unprepared, undeserving and unfit to remain free much longer.

I got smacked around by nuns. The pendulum has swing the other way. Now the teachers go home saying how they got smacked around by the students and worry not to make the students angry again.

I got smacked around by nuns. The pendulum has swing the other way. Now the teachers go home saying how they got smacked around by the students and worry not to make the students angry again.
Wow, I remember one girl was so terrified of the principal, she fainted.

It was a woman, and she would jerk your ear almost slap off!
She did it to me once, because I was a bad boy. She pulls you by your ear and you go. :dunno:

God bless her! I wish all schools had a principal like she was. :113:

Not to sound like a kook but, but at home or school, if a kid has no respect for authority then, how will he have it as an adult? Better to get your ass beat as a kid than to end up in prison. Worst thing to happen is to let a kid know he controls you or the situation. Respect for the flag, love of country, how can you have these in a school that treats the flag with disdain, tells you the Founders were rich white dudes that did bad things and has students learning muslim prayer chants?

It show in the contempt many have for LEO, for the president, for anything which exemplifies patriotism and American excellence. If many of America's own people will not hold this nation in high regard, who will.

It is funny how those that care about GOD are the biggest assholes to people of color, refugees. Homeless, muslims etc....didnt your God teach you to be kind, accepting, humble and most importantly not to back an pussy grabber and a cheater ?

It is funny how those that care about GOD are the biggest assholes to people of color, refugees. Homeless, muslims etc....didnt your God teach you to be kind, accepting, humble and most importantly not to back an pussy grabber and a cheater ?

yes----but yours did not

I pledge allegiance to the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands. One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

None of that's actully true anymore.

For one thing, mostly everybody is calling our Republic "Are Democracy" all of a sudden. I turned on the tv the other day ,Tucker Carleson's show was on and as soon as the tv tuned in, he said something about 'are Democracy' the way they all do. Gosh.

As far as being a nation under God, virtue in America sucks. Not only that, the trend has been to worship the state. The religion of statism rules the day.

And liberty and justice for all? Pfft. Don't even get me started.

It's blind flag worship now. And patroitism itself has been systematically redifined. Now it's just an empty word. It used to mean standing up and saying no to a tyrant. No anymore. Now it means long live the tyrant, yay.

And we need to abolish the Department of Education, btw. It's a failure. Not only that, it's not a constitutional function of the federal government. Republicans used to run on abolishing it. Dunno what happened. Well, actually I do know what happened. lol.

Forum List

Back