🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First in the nation, healthcare is now a human right in Oregon

Government imposed equality in things like Healthcare make everyone equally miserable.

Except those that can afford to jet off somewhere else, i.e. the US, and pay for better quality.

Doctor's offices will now become clinics, where everyone will be sitting around waiting for their turn to be improperly treated during their ten minutes of "care".

It is really sad what Oregon has become, it truly is. The people here just keep on voting for the same shit over and over, and they deserve the outcome.
Once the far left gains control of a state and they control the elections, it's hard to stop them.

Wonderful. 😄

Ok so...

1. What connection, if any can you provide between universal healthcare and Japan's declining fertility rates?

2. Considering how far out this prediction is (2-3 generations by your own account) is it really a leading wave and more of a nebulous cloud?

😄

I connect accepting government style healthcare with accepting demographical suicide.

When everything is taken care for you, people become useless lumps.

The thing is the problem when 1 generation out is too late to fix.

Doctor's offices will now become clinics, where everyone will be sitting around waiting for their turn to be improperly treated during their ten minutes of "care".

What doctors?

Doctor pay will plummet, and less people will be willing to go through medical school and specialty school for much less pay.

I connect accepting government style healthcare with accepting demographical suicide.
No you claim that. You've yet to even hint at a connection. 😄
When everything is taken care for you, people become useless lumps.
In Japan it's working class women who are choosing more and more to not have children you fucking moron. 😄 Maybe put a little effort in understanding the basics of your own argument.
The thing is the problem when 1 generation out is too late to fix.
A moment ago it was 2 to 3 generations out. 😄

Next, they will have to take all doctors and nurses into custody.....because for medicine to be a Right, someone will have to provide it for free...........and unless you make slaves out of Doctors and Nurses.....then you have a problem.

Well that's what I've always said, when you claim something is a "right" you're saying someone else has to pay for it.
Next, these fuckers will be demanding that housing and transportation are a right. They can never get enough handouts.

It’s their state, so what is the issue if you do not live there?

Also it will happen at the Federal Level when more Z’s start voting.

I do live here, and it's disgusting to see it turned into the left's playground.

No you claim that. You've yet to even hint at a connection. 😄

In Japan it's working class women who are choosing more and more to not have children you fucking moron. 😄 Maybe put a little effort in understanding the basics of your own argument.

A moment ago it was 2 to 3 generations out. 😄

The no return point when everybody realizes we are fucked is 2-3 generations out.

You see women having children below the replacement rate as a good thing? I knew you were a nihlist.

The no return point when everybody realizes we are fucked is 2-3 generations out.

You see women having children below the replacement rate as a good thing? I knew you were a nihlist.
I don't see it as a problem resulting from universal healthcare, you moron. 😄

" The amendment reads: “It is the obligation of the state to ensure that every resident of Oregon has access to cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable health care as a fundamental right.”

It does not define “cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable,” nor does it say who would foot the bill.

The Oregon Health Authority says 94% of Oregonians currently have insurance coverage and more are eligible for the Oregon Medicaid plan or a subsidy to reduce the cost of commercial insurance.

Opponents have said the amendment could trigger legal and political challenges."

I suspect that most if not all insurance companies will be leaving the state, post haste. Somebody has to pay for the 'clinically appropriate' health care for those without sufficient insurance or no insurance at all, and it won't be the insurance companies. Who is going to determine what 'clinically appropriate' means, or what is cost-effective and affordable. I can see numerous lawsuits filed against the state, assuming the Oregon courts allow this nonsense to stand. Do they intend to implement price controls for health care providers and facilities? This measure could require practitioners to be engaged with healthcare delivery at reimbursement rates and in a manner that could drive practitioners to leave Oregon rather than be compelled to participate, further creating equity gaps in access to care at a time when they'll need more providers and facilities rather than fewer. In short, this ain't the way to improve access to health care.

" The amendment reads: “It is the obligation of the state to ensure that every resident of Oregon has access to cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable health care as a fundamental right.”

It does not define “cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable,” nor does it say who would foot the bill.

The Oregon Health Authority says 94% of Oregonians currently have insurance coverage and more are eligible for the Oregon Medicaid plan or a subsidy to reduce the cost of commercial insurance.

Opponents have said the amendment could trigger legal and political challenges."

I suspect that most if not all insurance companies will be leaving the state, post haste. Somebody has to pay for the 'clinically appropriate' health care for those without sufficient insurance or no insurance at all, and it won't be the insurance companies. Who is going to determine what 'clinically appropriate' means, or what is cost-effective and affordable. I can see numerous lawsuits filed against the state, assuming the Oregon courts allow this nonsense to stand. Do they intend to implement price controls for health care providers and facilities? This measure could require practitioners to be engaged with healthcare delivery at reimbursement rates and in a manner that could drive practitioners to leave Oregon rather than be compelled to participate, further creating equity gaps in access to care at a time when they'll need more providers and facilities rather than fewer. In short, this ain't the way to improve access to health care.

As long as Oregon and it's voters pay for it... I'm not

Another first.
This state has now fully become the leftist's utopia. We've decriminalized ALL illicit drugs, we damn near have made it nearly impossible to buy a gun with Measure 114 that these asswipes voted for, and now healthcare is a 'human right'.
Anytime you hear someone say "healthcare should be a human right", what they're really saying is, "someone else needs to pay for my healthcare".

Voters in Oregon pass health care measure​

By AP staff (AP)
PORTLAND, Ore. Nov. 14, 2022 9:01 p.m.
Oregon voters have narrowly passed a measure that decrees health care a human right.
Measure 111 makes Oregon the first state in the nation to change its constitution to explicitly declare affordable health care a fundamental right.

I still don't get calling a product or service a "right". What does that even mean?

Constitutional rights are limits on the government. eg government can't pass law violating your free speech, or religious freedom, etc, etc ... But this new kind of right is something different. I guess what they're trying to say is that government is obligated to provide everyone with health care. And that raises a lot of questions, like:

1. How much healthcare is each person entitled to?
2. Should everyone get the same amount of healthcare? Or is it ok for some to get more than others?
3. What if the government doesn't have the money to pay for your healthcare? Are they violating your rights?
4. Should there be any conditions on government supplied healthcare? eg should illegal immigrants or drug abusers get a full ride?

I still don't get calling a product or service a "right". What does that even mean?

Constitutional rights are limits on the government. eg government can't pass law violating your free speech, or religious freedom, etc, etc ... But this new kind of right is something different. I guess what they're trying to say is that government is obligated to provide everyone with health care. And that raises a lot of questions, like:

1. How much healthcare is each person entitled to?
2. Should everyone get the same amount of healthcare? Or is it ok for some to get more than others?
3. What if the government doesn't have the money to pay for your healthcare? Are they violating your rights?
4. Should there be any conditions on government supplied healthcare? eg should illegal immigrants or drug abusers get a full ride?

It's trickery by the left. When a voter sees the word "right" on the ballot, they instantly get that warm fuzzy feeling, and think to themselves, that of course something like healthcare is a "right". But that's not what's going on here, the left knows that if they can get that terminology into the state Constitution, then that means their healthcare is guaranteed to be paid for whether they themselves have any insurance or other means of paying their own medical bills.
It's just another way that the left gets to fleece the taxpayers.

Forum List

Back