First, Let's Piss Off The Police

There is a crime called Criminal Manslaughter which is charged when your negligence causes death.
So, if a Police Officer walks into an apartment that she thinks is hers and there is a black man sitting on the couch watching his own TV and she shoots him.

She still goes to jail, even though it was an “accident”
Are you trying to quote an actual case? Because, if you are, that particular policewoman wasn't even on duty at the time and she was going home and got confused. What if she had still been on duty and was ordered to go to the wrong apartment and arrest this person, he pulled out a knife, and she shot him? Should she go to prison then? There can be a lot of variables. What if you were negligent by watching a hot girl walk by and you accidentally pulled out in front of a car and the other person wound up dying? Horrible thing and you would be sued for a bunch but, is that really prison worthy? If a pilot makes a mistake and some people die from his mistake are we going to throw the pilot in jail? Are we going to throw every single surgeon in prison whenever they make a mistake in an operation and someone dies because of it? As with everything, the left go waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far.

Are you trying to quote an actual case? Because, if you are, that particular policewoman wasn't even on duty at the time and she was going home and got confused. What if she had still been on duty and was ordered to go to the wrong apartment and arrest this person, he pulled out a knife, and she shot him? Should she go to prison then? There can be a lot of variables. What if you were negligent by watching a hot girl walk by and you accidentally pulled out in front of a car and the other person wound up dying? Horrible thing and you would be sued for a bunch but, is that really prison worthy? If a pilot makes a mistake and some people die from his mistake are we going to throw the pilot in jail? Are we going to throw every single surgeon in prison whenever they make a mistake in an operation and someone dies because of it? As with everything, the left go waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far.
She went to prison for her negligent homicide

Nobody claimed she planned it or it wasn’t a mistake
But her decision making was so egregious that it cost an innocent man his life

She went to prison for her negligent homicide

Nobody claimed she planned it or it wasn’t a mistake
But her decision making was so egregious that it cost an innocent man his life
We are talking apples and car tires here. In the case you refer to, this woman was not a policewoman. She was OFF DUTY, therefore a civilian. Civilians are not allowed to "accidentally" go into other people's apartments and shoot them. That's why she was found guilty. The case you refer to has absolutely nothing to do with this particular discussion.

We are talking apples and car tires here. In the case you refer to, this woman was not a policewoman. She was OFF DUTY, therefore a civilian. Civilians are not allowed to "accidentally" go into other people's apartments and shoot them. That's why she was found guilty. The case you refer to has absolutely nothing to do with this particular discussion.
even off duty they still have all their authority and are not civilians ever,,

She was in uniform and used her service revolver.
She claimed to be acting in a police capacity when she encountered him not as a concerned citizen

Criminal behavior is criminal behavior. Negligence is a different level. Everybody makes mistakes and sometimes people die from those mistakes. Again, bottom line, if we want people in these professions then we can't chase them away. If a janitor makes a mistake and someone dies then why aren't the police and medical professionals allowed to make mistakes?
If the janitor was negligent, then yes he would go to jail.

That is just a fact. One that you keep denying.

ho9w do you know it was a simple mistake if you dont know details??

as I said the jury heard the case and made a decision,, I have nothing to say different and neither do you,,
as for the civil asset forfeiture ,, you said cops done violate rights but with that they do more than that,,

your attempt to spin away from your own comments is noted and mocked for a typical leftist tactic,,,

Except for the FACT you can't point to one thing I said for you to come to that conclusion. Either that or you don't know what a leftist is. Yes, I know what the jury ruled, and I also know what the OJ jury ruled. How a jury rules doesn't mean it's the way it went down. Juries are wrong too. That's why I said REPEATEDLY I'd need to know much more about what happened.

Some people need to stop acting more entitled than everyone else. If one is stopped by law enforcement, one is not entitled to resist. The place to complain is in a court of law not on the street by fighting law enforcement or trying to run away, etc. America is a country of laws. Supporting cop bashing, defunding law enforcement etc. is a recipe for chaos.

Except for the FACT you can't point to one thing I said for you to come to that conclusion. Either that or you don't know what a leftist is. Yes, I know what the jury ruled, and I also know what the OJ jury ruled. How a jury rules doesn't mean it's the way it went down. Juries are wrong too. That's why I said REPEATEDLY I'd need to know much more about what happened.
do you have some proof the jury was wrong in this case,, if so what is it??

Some people need to stop acting more entitled than everyone else. If one is stopped by law enforcement, one is not entitled to resist. The place to complain is in a court of law not on the street by fighting law enforcement or trying to run away, etc. America is a country of laws. Supporting cop bashing, defunding law enforcement etc. is a recipe for chaos.
if you are stopped unlawfully you can resist to a point,,

if you wait til court it could cost you thousands of dollars you dont have,,

Because you don‘t cease to be a policeman when you are off the clock

Yes but that wouldn't apply to this situation. If a police officer was working a security job not on duty and caught a shoplifter, he can use his authority to put handcuffs on the suspect and place him under arrest. It's been a little while since I read about it but I did read several articles, and I don't recall her making that claim.

Forum List

Back