FL Covid Case Count Surpasses New York

...but still maintains a 1.4% mortality rate with their increased testing and identification of asymptomatic cases

That’s not bad but there’s a lag between new infections and new deaths. Right now they’re getting hammered on both.

And they just hit a new record again today for number of deaths. That’s 3 days in a row that they have broken their own record in deaths from covid.
US mortality rate has fallen to 3.3% from 6.5% over nine weeks now...nine weeks....the states in question have maintained their low mortality rates for weeks and weeks and weeks....deaths may spike over a day but the overall test rate more than keeps pace.

I don’t see the falling mortality rate as a reason to celebrate.

It’s obviously decreasing because the number of cases have skyrocketed in the last several weeks and continue to do so. The brand new cases lower the mortality rate because there’s a lag between getting the virus and getting killed by the virus.

The real outcome that we’re seeing is that more cases will result in more deaths. This is what is happening now as the death count has been increasing.
The virus has metrics developed over time....8% of all who take the test have it, so more testing gives you more cases at the rate already established. The mortality rate has been overblown by the mishandling of Democrat governors early on setting the pace at 8% or more. More documented cases are bringing that rate down closer to reality which is around .2%....thats according to the experts at the CDC.

Sorry, I lost track of the argument you're making.

What's your main point?
No main point, just following the statistics. More cases dont have to mean more deaths at the same pace as the distorted states of NY and NJ. More cases can mean simply more documented people who have and had the virus. Simple as that

No main point, just following the statistics. More cases dont have to mean more deaths at the same pace as the distorted states of NY and NJ. More cases can mean simply more documented people who have and had the virus. Simple as that

I don't expect deaths to increase at the same pace as what happened early on in NY and NJ.

More cases mean that more people will die.

I don't expect deaths to increase at the same pace as what happened early on in NY and NJ.

Well duuhhhh.....every infection and disease has some people that die but we dont wear masks, hide in our basements, and shut down the country over them. We shouldnt for this one either its 56th on the list of global daily deaths

Well duuhhhh.....every infection and disease has some people that die but we dont wear masks, hide in our basements, and shut down the country over them. We shouldnt for this one either its 56th on the list of global daily deaths

Oh I was just responding to your statement "More cases can mean simply more documented people who have and had the virus. Simple as that."

Well, no. It's not as simple as that. More cases mean that more people will die. (I thought we were talking about mortality rates.)

Oh I was just responding to your statement "More cases can mean simply more documented people who have and had the virus. Simple as that."

Well, no. It's not as simple as that. More cases mean that more people will die.
People die from catching cold....the point is the virus is not nearly as dangerous or fatal as Cuomo made it look...how about that?

Well, no. It's not as simple as that. More cases mean that more people will die. (I thought we were talking about mortality rates.)
We are talking about mortality rates. I am just interested in seeing a more accurate on with the increased testing

We are talking about mortality rates. I am just interested in seeing a more accurate on with the increased testing

Well there are different rates that describe different metrics.

I think this one would be more useful: Deaths / (Deaths + Recovered)

I can't remember the name of it.

Recovered cases aren't reported in any kind of timely fashion at all....wonder why that is. Deaths, however, are reported immediately. So for me its simpler to use deaths over total cases.....if a person dies they didnt recover and it keeps the metric apples to apples for any state or country

Recovered cases aren't reported in any kind of timely fashion at all....wonder why that is. Deaths, however, are reported immediately. So for me its simpler to use deaths over total cases.....if a person dies they didnt recover and it keeps the metric apples to apples for any state or country

I guess it does have an inherent flaw as well.

I guess it does have an inherent flaw as well.
I believe testing and testing and more testing is a really good thing....people here now are able to get tested for the virus pretty easily although I understand the antibody test charges them up front..and plenty of folks I know are being tested. And some of course have the virus.

I believe testing and testing and more testing is a really good thing....

100% agree.

Trump says the opposite.
Well more testing does get you more cases and the media thinks that is bad....so if you dont test you dont get more cases, does the media think that is good?

The media would say it's terrible that we're not testing, which would be far worse than getting positive tests.

Anyone who isn't a complete idiot would understand that lots of testing is good.

I believe testing and testing and more testing is a really good thing....

100% agree.

Trump says the opposite.
Well more testing does get you more cases and the media thinks that is bad....so if you dont test you dont get more cases, does the media think that is good?

The media would say it's terrible that we're not testing, which would be far worse than getting positive tests.

Anyone who isn't a complete idiot would understand that lots of testing is good.
So you cant win with the media unless you are a Democrat, so dont try....I agree with that. And testing has to continue if for no other reason to give people peace of mind. If you test positive with no symptoms then you stay away from others for 2 weeks as best you can so nobody else gets infected.

So you cant win with the media unless you are a Democrat, so dont try....I agree with that. And testing has to continue if for no other reason to give people peace of mind. If you test positive with no symptoms then you stay away from others for 2 weeks as best you can so nobody else gets infected.

Concealing the truth is worse than bad news.

Trump wants us to stop testing. That means people wouldn't know they're infected and wouldn't stay away from others for 2 weeks. That's unbelievably stupid.

Concealing the truth is worse than bad news.

Trump wants us to stop testing. That means people wouldn't know they're infected and wouldn't stay away from others for 2 weeks. That's unbelievably stupid.
Yeah I'm not so sure he really wants to stop the testing....efforts to improve the accuracy and availability move forward and I think the press could be more positive on the fact that we have improved as much as we have.

Too bad you tards thought Cuomo was doing a great job in NY
Screenshot-20200729-203821-Chrome.jpg

Forum List

Back