FLDS - Abortion Hypocrites

Actually, legally, until Abortion was legal, the State COULD force a woman to give birth or face criminal charges.

I call Bull crap!!

Show one case where the woman that aborted her child via back alley was prosecuted....

even in our states that had abortion illegal prior to roe v wade, the woman was never prosecuted for her act of aborting her child....the doctor for performing the abortion could be prosecuted for breaking the law, but not the mother to be....

Even now with partial birth abortion being illegal....if a woman does manage to get a doctor to perform one, the mother to be is not charged with a crime but the Doctor could be or would be....

Are you saying that this is NOT the case?

care

Not that I am aware of....

I call Bull crap!!

Show one case where the woman that aborted her child via back alley was prosicuted....

even in our states that had abortion illegal prior to roe v wade, the woman was never prosecuted for her act of aborting her child....the doctor for performing the abortion could be prosecuted for breaking the law, but not the mother to be....

Even now with partial birth abortion being illegal....if a woman does manage to get a doctor to perform one, the mother to be is not charged with a crime but the Doctor could be or would be....

care

Not that I am aware of

I am saying if abortion is illegal the Mother COULD be prosecuted. Just because they were not is not proof it was not legal to do so.

I am saying if abortion is illegal the Mother COULD be prosecuted. Just because they were not is not proof it was not legal to do so.

at the time our country was formed...via common law, it was acceptable for a woman to have an abortion before ''quickening''....quickening described as the heartbeat of the fetus.

in the mid to later 19th century the states started to disregard common law and make their own statutes governing abortion for women....this came about because the AMA and doctors saw themselves losing business to midwives and others not licenced....and because of the eugenetics movement....white americans wanted white women to bear all of their children to combat the influx of immigrants.....

by 1950, the estimate for illegal and legal abortions performed in the USA was 2 million women, with 1000 women dying a year from illegal abortions....today it is about 1.2 million abortions a year....

states then started to once again ''liberalize'' abortion.....and decriminalize the act of the doctors performing them....about 1/3 of the states liberated abortions before roe v wade....

THATS like saying that it was ONLY WHITE MEN that pushed for womens suffrage, civil rights, desegregation etc. Sure, a white man may have invented the fucking pill but he's not the social force that made such CULTURALLY POSSIBLE. No, you bitches made your own bed with regard to equality. Blaming a pair of balls is pretty much par for the course, eh?

And, I SAY, you don't spread your legs for anyone with whome you don't think will want to pay your cable bill for 18 years. We can go back and forth like this.

And no, legally, we could have your ass in prison for killing a fetus. You may not think it's fair but, then, sucking the brains out of a half-developed fetus that is genetically separate probably isn't fair to ITS body either.

If its so genetically separate, than we can just remove it from the womans body and it'll all be A OK, right?

Well, then I guess your personal feelings about abortion DO have something to do with it, eh?

The state also cannot validate the wholescale termination of human life for the sake of your irresponsible behaviour. You will either accept a compramise or have to figure out why half of America doesn't buy the "it's my body (when the fetus really isn't) feminist bullshit.

Nice assumption. How is it human life again?

I like the "debate" here. Assume your side is right and argue from that premise seems to be the MO here.

and I am saying that NO, THEY CAN NOT be prosecuted, and the laws have never been writen where the woman can be prosecuted or charged with a crime...the crime is only for the person performing the illegal abortion and NOT for the person having one....

There were few laws on abortion in the United States at the time of independence, except the common law adopted from England, which held abortion to be legally acceptable if occurring before quickening. James Wilson, a framer of the U.S. Constitution, explained as follows:
“ With consistency, beautiful and undeviating, human life, from its commencement to its close, is protected by the common law. In the contemplation of law, life begins when the infant is first able to stir in the womb. By the law, life is protected not only from immediate destruction, but from every degree of actual violence, and, in some cases, from every degree of danger.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_States

you are full of shit. It was against the law and women WERE prosecuted for it. Feel free to dive into your history books.

reaghed.gif

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/97may/abortex.htm

I call Bull crap!!

Show one case where the woman that aborted her child via back alley was prosecuted....

care

Not that I am aware of....

you are simply wrong. See above.

If its so genetically separate, than we can just remove it from the womans body and it'll all be A OK, right?

Weather or not a zygote uses a womans body as a host is neither here nor there. The FACT of a zygote's individual set of DNA makes the whole "my body" line the laughable joke that it is. Throw whatever hissy you need to. A woman's body does not encompass another human being growing inside of her.

Nice assumption. How is it human life again?

I like the "debate" here. Assume your side is right and argue from that premise seems to be the MO here.

It's Human Life by every medical standard and legal standard stretching back before pre-feminism and our own Constitution. Would you like quotes or are you content with your own stupid opinion?

I can prove my point. Can you?

Then quit making it the centerpiece of your illogical reasoning.

:rofl:

You are mistaken, the HUMAN LIFE that is not merely "your body" is the centerpiece of my great abortion compramise.

responsibility.. deal with it.

:cool:

With the FLDS threads dominating the news as of late, I made note of one occurence that particularly interested me.

Almost each and every person who supported the state removing all the children from the FLDS compound because their safety supercedes the rights of the parents ...

... are the SAME people who squeal "right to do what i want with my body" on the topic of abortion.

Apparently the rights of the child DO have limits based on personal convenience. Easy to sit back and judge others when it doesn't affect you, but when it's time to put up of shut up, it's time to go to "the clinic."

Add to that the same workers who are wading in there with the cops at their back are the workers who work to place drug-addicted babies back with their birth parents and who give the go-ahead for underage girls to get state-funded abortions, welfare checks and foodstamps, regardless of their living situations (which often include older men living with them).
Hypocrites.

It's a hypocritical situation all around, as I've been pointing out since the beginning. Girls of 14 aren't required to tell anyone at abortion clinics who the fathers are; nobody looks into their home life.

But these girls are taken from their homes, given DNA testing and gynocological exams, placed in foster care (lucky them) and all because they got pregnant while underage.

It is hypocrisy and it's revolting.

You keep telling that to all those women out there that have had a miscarriage that they DIDN'T lose a child. THAT will make it all better when they see it from YOUR perspective.

I had a miscarriage but didn't loose a child. I had what's called a blighted ovum. It's where the embryonic sac forms but not the embryo. I had 3 ultrasounds and 5 blood tests over 6 days before deciding to have a D&C.

Forum List

Back