Floating a Trial Balloon….Literally

It's a spy balloon. If they meant to attack us, they wouldn't make it so obvious.
Yes, no reason to read much more into it. I doubt it is intended to be an "in your face" move, or the opening of a major offensive.

The Chinese wanted to photograph our nuclear installations, and maybe test their latest atmospheric photography equipment. So they do it. What's the downside? Worst case scenario, they "get caught," by a president who is sure to do absolutely nothing about it.

And if aliens come down tomorrow and wipe out the whole earth I will not be laughing either.

There is an equal chance of either thing happening

Why Is that? Just curious as to why you think it would be so difficult for this to be done.

If you rotate your map it shows there is no jet stream current that would have taken this balloon up the Aleutian Chain and through the path into where it reportedly entered the US.

Furthermore the map shows there is no jet steam from China, into Latin America, up through Latin America, and into the US on the course the 2nd one is taking.

Thsnk you for helping to debunk the ChiCom's/Xi's 'accidently lost free-floating balloon riding on the jet stream all the way into the middle of the US' bullshit story.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Are you actually trying to argue that this thing floated to its current location simply due to the jet stream? Holy cow. You have bought into the Chinese nonsensical, however very convenient for them, narrative.

No, I am sure that it was controlled.

So, you do not think that wind currents would affect a capsule?

A powered capsule? No, trade winds wouldn’t be able to affect it to a large enough extent. Trade windows are moving West to East, the capsule would be moving North to South. Much like a swimmer is instructed to escape a riptide by swimming perpendicular to the current, the capsule would propel itself perpendicular to the trade wind. This isn’t complicated, but you are acting as if this would be a huge feat of human engineering. It isn’t.

Of course it would.

It wouldn’t have to be a bullseye anyway. It just needs to drop in the general area. Also, why not a powered capsule. What about an EMP. Regardless, the point is that there are plenty of possibilities. Why allow any?

Tell China that anything that meanders into the atmosphere above the US will be considered US property and will be dealt with however we see fit. Clean, simple and effective.

It wouldn’t have to be a bullseye anyway. It just needs to drop in the general area. Also, why not a powered capsule. What about an EMP. Regardless, the point is that there are plenty of possibilities. Why allow any?
I'm sure a balloon that is being tracked and monitored by NORAD is going to drop something from 66.000 feet that will go unnoticed and wreak havoc in this country. We should have already launched nuclear missiles to Beijing, like Trump would have. Biden is weak!

I'm sure a balloon that is being tracked and monitored by NORAD is going to drop something from 66.000 feet that will go unnoticed and wreak havoc in this country. We should have already launched nuclear missiles to Beijing, like Trump would have. Biden is weak!

Hyperbole much? Don’t be so naive.

Great work. I’ve always respected the office of the presidency so well done President Biden well done America.

As for China we were allies in World War II and perhaps the most important time in all of history ….let’s try and get along with each other find a way.

Forum List

Back