Florida allows teens to buy an AR 15 , no gun license needed.

The P.R.O.M.I.S.E program employed in Broward County Public Schools is more directly responsible for the 17 deaths than the gun, the NRA, or President Trump.

PROMISE was one of 0bama’s pet projects.

Explain how ? What would’ve been any different without the Program?

Look it up but here’s a synopsis:

Before the PROMISE program, Brevard County Public Schools led the nation in what the left liked to call the high school to jail pipeline. PROMISE was brought in to stop that. Instead of reporting troubled and troubling students to law enforcement, schools were encouraged to use intervention techniques instead. If and when a student was then reported to law enforcement, they were then encouraged to use more interventions and not send these students into the judicial system. In other words, don’t report kids to the police and then if you do, then the police don’t arrest them.

Yeah . For petty MISDEMEANORS , which wouldn’t show on Fed background checks . Plus , he was a minor . Still wouldn’t show up with the Feds.

Florida law doesn’t have a catch for that . Unlike other states .

Blaming obama but not the nra . That’s rich .

I didn’t blame 0bama, I blamed his pet program. And it is more at fault than the NRA or the gun. If you had an ounce of honesty you’d admit that truth.

Florida barley has any laws at all !

Gun laws in Florida - Wikipedia

At first I wondered how Cruz was approved for a license. Turns out ya don’t need one ! You can get An AR , but have to wait till 21 for a handgun . With little restrictions.

And the cons there blame the sheriff and fbi for failing . What legal tools does Florida supply that they can use to stop nuts and criminals from packing ?
I guess every state is scrambling with legislation right now... I've been calling and receiving calls from a number of our legislators here in VT. As it stands right now a 16 yo can purchase a handgun w/o any guardian consent. No age minimum to purchase a long gun (AR-15) included. We have never had any "significant" issues thus far in the state, with hardly any gun related homicide / violence (per capita comparison of course)...

It's the way the kids are brought up.

Pistol age has been 21 in FL for a good many years now.

I suppose now the rifle age will be too. Sad, because I could buy a rifle when I was 18.

I partly agree. The gun nut culture has created a disrespect for guns in those states . Like owning a gun is frivolous, and not a serious responsibility.

Well that's funny. That's the impression I get every time I watch some idiotic movie cranked out by the gun-hating liberal Hollywood movie industry. They seem to relish gun violence and the irresponsible use of firearms. Yet at the same time, the actors, actresses, producers, and scriptwriters preach to us that we shouldn't have the right to own them.

Is that two-faced or what?

Liar . Wanting gun control doesn’t equal BAN ALL GUNS !

How come righties aren’t so obsessed with voting rights like you are wh gun rights ?
How come leftists are so obsessed with any legislation that limits abortion on demand and limits taxpayer funded abortions????

A grandmother looked into her grandson's journal not long after this event and noticed he wrote he intended to shoot up a school. She turned him in. The cops responded. He was arrested. No shooting occurred.

In Parkland, Fl neighbors reported him, Social workers visited him, the Sheriff / Deputies were called over 40 times on him, and the FBI was informed but couldn't take time away from their Trump Witch Hunt to do anything - 17 kids died. Kids were gunned down while Deputies remained outside as ordered to do.

(Imagine if instead of Parkland, Fl this shooting had happened in Baltimore or Chicago...all the warnings were given, the cops fail / refuse to do anything, the FBI does nothing, and white cops stand outside as ordered while black kids are gunned down. There would be rioting, looting, burning, destruction of property, calls for the cops to be arrested / charged, etc...)

They tried interventions, according to PROMISE guidelines.

At first I wondered how Cruz was approved for a license. Turns out ya don’t need one ! You can get An AR , but have to wait till 21 for a handgun . With little restrictions.

And the cons there blame the sheriff and fbi for failing . What legal tools does Florida supply that they can use to stop nuts and criminals from packing ?

You don't need a license to purchase a gun
upload_2018-3-2_13-44-10.png

For right wingers, the NRA and their funders, the gun manufacturers, EVERY teenager should have an AR-!5........It helps with the acne problems.

No .22 pea shooter pistol till you are 21 . But here’s a military style weapon that will blow a baseball sized whole in people !

I reckon you never seen what 12 gauge .00 Buck does. Of course not, I bet you've never even smelled Cordite.

I'm certain he's well acquainted with the smell of glue however.

I guess every state is scrambling with legislation right now... I've been calling and receiving calls from a number of our legislators here in VT. As it stands right now a 16 yo can purchase a handgun w/o any guardian consent. No age minimum to purchase a long gun (AR-15) included. We have never had any "significant" issues thus far in the state, with hardly any gun related homicide / violence (per capita comparison of course)...

It's the way the kids are brought up.

Pistol age has been 21 in FL for a good many years now.

I suppose now the rifle age will be too. Sad, because I could buy a rifle when I was 18.

I partly agree. The gun nut culture has created a disrespect for guns in those states . Like owning a gun is frivolous, and not a serious responsibility.

Well that's funny. That's the impression I get every time I watch some idiotic movie cranked out by the gun-hating liberal Hollywood movie industry. They seem to relish gun violence and the irresponsible use of firearms. Yet at the same time, the actors, actresses, producers, and scriptwriters preach to us that we shouldn't have the right to own them.

Is that two-faced or what?

Liar . Wanting gun control doesn’t equal BAN ALL GUNS !

How come righties aren’t so obsessed with voting rights like you are wh gun rights ?
How come leftists are so obsessed with any legislation that limits abortion on demand and limits taxpayer funded abortions????

They're basically a death cult.

Most states do not require a license to buy a gun. In fact I believe that was ruled to be unconstitutional.

Most states do not require a license to buy a gun. In fact I believe that was ruled to be unconstitutional.

He needs to clarify what Florida barley is...

'Interventions'?

While active duty in the military I sat down beside a new young airman just before a meeting, and I noticed how incredibly talented he was at drawing - his art was almost like photographs. I was astonished while watching him draw....then I noticed what he was drawing. I struck up a conversation, complimented his drawing, and then asked him if I could take a look at his work. I thumbed through his pad - all of his art work was incredible - all of his art work was extremely violent, messed up, and depicted graphic violence. I immediately talked to my commander, the JAG, and a few others after the meeting.

Within 2 hours after the meeting he was taken into custody, given a psych eval, his quarters and car were legally searched, and weapons and evidence of his intent to commit violence was found. Within 5 hours he was under custody, on suicide watch, and in a cell.

It does not take 40+ visits, people telling you the guy is a freak capable of / planning violence, or 'interventions' to take action and possibly save lives....IMO / experience.

If Mental Illness had ever been adequately addressed in this country and / or if adequate background checks on this guy - checks which should include social media checks IMO - had ever been done I doubt he would have ever been allowed to buy a gun.

I want to get excited about the subject of this thread. I want Trump to reject the stupid gun control nonsense. I need to hear it from more sources.

If the school security guard who reacted immediately after hearing the initial gunshots had been allowed to carry a gun he could have killed the shooter and saved lives instead of only being able to throw himself in front of kids the shooter was targeting....

'Interventions'?

While active duty in the military I sat down beside a new young airman just before a meeting, and I noticed how incredibly talented he was at drawing - his art was almost like photographs. I was astonished while watching him draw....then I noticed what he was drawing. I struck up a conversation, complimented his drawing, and then asked him if I could take a look at his work. I thumbed through his pad - all of his art work was incredible - all of his art work was extremely violent, messed up, and depicted graphic violence. I immediately talked to my commander, the JAG, and a few others after the meeting.

Within 2 hours after the meeting he was taken into custody, given a psych eval, his quarters and car were legally searched, and weapons and evidence of his intent to commit violence was found. Within 5 hours he was under custody, on suicide watch, and in a cell.

It does not take 40+ visits, people telling you the guy is a freak capable of / planning violence, or 'interventions' to take action and possibly save lives....IMO / experience.

Exactly. Now place yourself in Parkland, you notice this and you inform the principal. He has a sit down chat with the student, they talk about and plan further interventions, they encourage the student to talk about his feeling and then turn him loose with scheduled appointments to talk further.

Days later, bang bang.

This is a great example of why qualified and trained teachers - or at least school security guards - should be allowed to carry guns. Waiting on cops to rush in and save you will get you killed....

So an art teacher, let's say, would not only have to learn the different styles of art--Expressionist, Baroque, Surrealist, Renaissance, Modern, etc., but also how to shoot a machine-gun. OK. Should he also have to wear a bullet-proof vest and body armor?

Timmuh is tawded.

What laws is Flawda barley required to have?

A license to be in soup? A license to be a beer ingredient? Wtf?

They can have whatever they want . But when it backfires , I don’t want to hear Florida law makers blaming the Feds .

Timmuh is tawded.

What laws is Flawda barley required to have?

A license to be in soup? A license to be a beer ingredient? Wtf?

They can have whatever they want . But when it backfires , I don’t want to hear Florida law makers blaming the Feds .

Theyll continue to be blamed and held accountable when they fail to act on material that leads to murder.

'Interventions'?

What law did he break? What "evidence to commit violence" did they find? Since when is "intent" to do anything against the law if you haven't taken any steps in that direction?

The P.R.O.M.I.S.E program employed in Broward County Public Schools is more directly responsible for the 17 deaths than the gun, the NRA, or President Trump.

PROMISE was one of 0bama’s pet projects.

Explain how ? What would’ve been any different without the Program?

Look it up but here’s a synopsis:

Before the PROMISE program, Brevard County Public Schools led the nation in what the left liked to call the high school to jail pipeline. PROMISE was brought in to stop that. Instead of reporting troubled and troubling students to law enforcement, schools were encouraged to use intervention techniques instead. If and when a student was then reported to law enforcement, they were then encouraged to use more interventions and not send these students into the judicial system. In other words, don’t report kids to the police and then if you do, then the police don’t arrest them.

Yeah . For petty MISDEMEANORS , which wouldn’t show on Fed background checks . Plus , he was a minor . Still wouldn’t show up with the Feds.

Florida law doesn’t have a catch for that . Unlike other states .

Blaming obama but not the nra . That’s rich .

I didn’t blame 0bama, I blamed his pet program. And it is more at fault than the NRA or the gun. If you had an ounce of honesty you’d admit that truth.

If u were honest you’d admit fla lax gun laws enabled this to happen.

I like Florida barley for pilsners mostly, but as far as the law you are referencing it is a FEDERAL law, and it states that anyone 18 years and older, who is not a criminal, may purchase a long gun. It ain't FL, it is FEDERAL. But, like usual, you gun ban fans don't know squat about that which you bleat.

For right wingers, the NRA and their funders, the gun manufacturers, EVERY teenager should have an AR-15........maybe those weapons help with the acne problems?

Almost every teenager had one in the 70's and no one went around shooting people. Whenever you loons decide to confront the real problem which is moral rot, depravity, broken familes then maybe some of this will stop.

Forum List

Back