florida blocks african studies

There is nothing wrong with African American studies. We should be educated on how African Americans have been treated in this country. It gives America a well-deserved black eye. Florida is a hotbed of racism. The new home of the KKK.
“…gives America a well-deserved black eye?” Like hell it does.

You want to talk African history? Here it is. The root cause of African Americans in western slavery starts with Africans rounding up fellow Africans and selling them to British and American slave traders. As a nation, America had a comparatively brief tenure with slavery yet people like you are bent on perpetuating “ a black eye for America” when in fact slavery is STILL practiced in Africa and largely other non-white nations and cultures. If America’s slave history is the “black eye”, then these nations in Africa and elsewhere that have been practicing slavery for thousands of years prior the US’s brief tenure and yet continue to this day need to be considered a “full body cancer” vs. “a black eye”.

When have white people been enslaved in this country? When did white people experience segregation? I don't believe in sugarcoating. The good and the bad should be taught. This is not North Korea although this is what Republicans want to turn this country into.
dn28380-1_1200.gif

african studies meaning crt

all states should do this. we need to go back to teaching children how to learn not hate each other. reading, writing, math etc...

Sounds pretty vague to me.

I studied Africa once. It wasn't worth it.

It doesn't take any sort of degree in order to work for a charity handing out free food and medicine all day to people who can't take care of themselves.
The worst of it is that these tribes may have been simple hunter gatherers but they did take care of themselves. They did feed themselves. Today they live by standing in line at a UN feeding station. They forgot what can be gathered as food and hunting is way too hard. They are fed by the UN and spend their time high on quot.

Self awareness isn’t your strong suit I see.

Like white folks deliberately eliminating black history from schools maybe? :uhoh3:
If it actually was Black History, I'm sure it would be all good with the "white folk".
Sadly, it's not about Black History. You need to catch up, Jake.

White people actually were segregated into ethnic enclaves or neighborhoods. And employment may have depended on that. People coming over here from Europe had no social programs. They usually lived with others of the same ethnic identity, and many had to have trades or some form of education. Not like what we see now.
not only that stores had signs saying not higher germans or irish because they drank. New immigrants around 1910 were considered smelly. the president stop immigration completely around that time. Plus whites and blacks were indentured slaves together when it was british colony here. White's in my opinion are most hated ever. All other races for their the bs they do. White are only ones to take responsibility of their own issues and fix them.

african studies meaning crt

all states should do this. we need to go back to teaching children how to learn not hate each other. reading, writing, math etc...
You mean we need to go back to teaching His-Story instead of History.

Several years ago, the major school district in Southern Arizona was pushing Mexican studies. It painted a very negative picture that did not provide any context for the time period or any other perspective other than poor Mexicans. They put a stop to the program and the Mexican high school students, properly angered and inflamed by the program staged walk outs and demonstrations. FYI that same school district has abysmal Math scores. Maybe focus on what's important? Ya think?

Public Schools in Tucson Unified School District have an average math proficiency score of 31% (versus the Arizona public school average of 45%), and reading proficiency score of 34% (versus the 45% statewide average).
Where did the curriculum come from and from who?

Learning about blacks is essentially evil and should be banished...
European history is the only history that needs to be taught; second comes American history because as long as you eliminate the darkeez, injuns and wetbacks from American history, it is essentially European history....it is much more purer that way
Its ok to teach Jim Crow and slavery if you have a balanced view that stresses the many positives.

President de Santis recognises this need and is fighting to ensure that the darkies dont get their heads filled with communism.

Its the way forward to a happier nation.

Forum List

Back