florida blocks african studies

Its ok to teach Jim Crow and slavery if you have a balanced view that stresses the many positives.

President de Santis recognises this need and is fighting to ensure that the darkies dont get their heads filled with communism.

Its the way forward to a happier nation.
to bad the textbooks haved lied about how it started. with blacks in slaving and saleing their own people.

There is nothing wrong with African American studies. We should be educated on how African Americans have been treated in this country. It gives America a well-deserved black eye. Florida is a hotbed of racism. The new home of the KKK.
Everyone-Laughing-At-You.png

Yeah, Florida, where black people have been free since before the US was the US. :auiqs.jpg:

Try again, SJW dumbass.

Where if they made it here, they were considered free people and eligible for gainful employment.

STFU you ignorant douche.

I think most school systems include their state history in the general curriculum. I certainly had New Mexico history when I was in school and our kids had Kansas history when they were in school. Hombre (my hubby) took Texas history. And all public and university curriculums should teach solid courses in American history and at least a general course hitting the highlights of world history.

That is far different from CRT and similar type curriculum that paints one or more races as victims and targets others as oppressors or white supremacists or other such characterizations.
Florida history includes black crackers. Runaway slaves hired by ranchers to round up cows, and nobody cared what color they were. True Story. How it was, was if if you made it south of St. Mary's River, you were considered a free man in Florida and eligible for gainful emplyment wherever your skills lied. That's how the blacks in FL thing went. Keep in mind there were plantation owners that were black already here and had been for a long time. (they had been here and they were black) And smart, too.
I say this contributes the reason FL has the best and smartest black people in the country.
You can disagree with me, but I kinda know better. I would not be what I am today if not for a bunch of awesome black people.
And it damn sure isn't because they were subordinate to me or my family. It's because they were smart and I learned good things from them.
A black guy owns all of my family's (ok, not all, but all they could buy) former property and then some!
Because he wanted to and had the drive and came up with the means to do so.
He was bequeathed 80 acres, but owns much more than that now. Oh! Teh oppression!
Yeah, they gave him that, but he earned it. Fair is fair. Pretty sure his name was Otis. And it really was his son that expanded his family's property ownership. I think it's about 540 acres now. He's living The American Dream.
Ol' Otis. I thought about him today when them turkeys were eatin' the dead possum that WAS in my neighbor's yard until they dragged it off and started eating it elsewhere.

Otis said "They ain't hittin' it yet cuz the gravy don't be runnin' right yet. give it a day or 2, they'll get on it."

The possum gravy was runnin' right today! :auiqs.jpg:

That old man knew some stuff, I'm tellin' ya! I thank God for our interactions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back