Florida - Want Welfare? Take a Urinalysis

Personally I'd love a job where my only responsibility is not taking drugs. But as for you, you count the cost of the drug screening, but not the savings from not giving checks to people who fail it? Liberal math...

You are missing the point, It is too easy to beat a drug test. Cocaine is only in the system for a few days, Marijuanna can be masked, Opiates I'm not sure on but the point is paying for drug screening that can be beat in the first place is pointless. The honest ones who actually need welfare are not the one we are after. The ones we are after are the ones who know how to beat the system, they do it all the time.

bullshit!

the hair test show many drugs used months ago.

You're correct, but that test is extremely expensive and takes months before results.

I love the Liberal mindset - "popping positive on a piss test is going to starve babies."
How about this concept - be a responsible parent vs sitting around the trailer bong hitting."
Or better yet - don't make babies you can't afford.

Last edited:
It does not apply to rental assistance, medicaid, food stamps, etc. It is only for those who get TANF - FREE MONEY. The charitable taxpayers of FL will still continue to pay for their basic needs. If they want to smoke their dope, they're just gonna have to find another way to pay for it.

Some food stamp recipients will trade their stamps for cash at a discount for drugs and alcohol. Happens all the time.

"I'll give you $50 worth of food if you give me $40 in cash." Welfare fraud at its finest.

Republican propaganda, there is no such thing as food stamps to be traded.

I love the Liberal mindset - "popping positive on a piss test is going to starve babies."
How about this concept - be a responsible parent vs sitting around the trailer bong hitting."

So just to be clear, you're actually not in favor of people getting government checks which they spend on drugs because that means taxpayers aren't feeding their children by giving them more drug money? What kind of person are you?

Hmm...I was trying to be liberal there, but if you ask the actual question the answer is obvious. I see why liberals constantly seem to fail to grasp the point, you really gotta miss the point or your argument falls apart on it's own...

Seriously dude?

CAMDEN The owner of a Citgo Food Mart in Deptford Township and two store employees were sentenced Monday to prison terms ranging from 12 to 18 months for defrauding the federal food stamp program of more than $280,000, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman announced.

Mehal Mothon, 48, of Berlin, who owns the Citgo Food Mart on Delsea Drive, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Joseph H. Rodriguez to 18 months in federal prison. Rodriguez sentenced two of Mothon's employees, cousins Palwinder Singh, 30, of Buena Vista, and Lakhwinder Singh, 42, of Cherry Hill, to 15 months and 12 months in prison, respectively.

The trio are to provide $283,350 in restitution, Rodriguez ordered.

The three pleaded guilty in November before Judge Rodriguez to a charge of conspiracy to embezzle from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Supplemental Nutrition and Assistance Program, or "SNAP."

The three admitted to a scheme where they gave SNAP participants cash in exchange for a 50 percent fee from July 2007 to last March.

3 sentenced in food stamp fraud - NJ.com

lol Republicans are such idiots.

You're a dumb motherfucker do you know that??

If I was in your position I would have said: "thats a Fourth Amendment violation" but you're so fucking dumb you have no idea as to what that means.

You're probably right, sadly. This doesn't seem to me to be a right. It seems more like a driver's license than speech, but that's just me.

Do my fellow citizens have an unregulated right to have my money simply because they do not have thier own? I should think this would fall into the same realm as proving other qualifications, whatever those might be.

Are there any qualifications that a person needs to satisfy prior to be being granted welfare in Florida?

You are correct. Not to mention we feed their children twice a day in the school system. Nobody is going to starve, unless the druggies pass out and don't cook supper.

yes they are.....who is this gonna hurt in the long run.....kids......much of welfare is aid to dependent kids....

republicans dont want abortion but they dont mind starving kids

Under the law, which takes effect on July 1, the Florida Department of Children and Family Services will be required to conduct the drug tests on adults applying to the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. The aid recipients would be responsible for the cost of the screening, which they would recoup in their assistance if they qualify. Those who fail the required drug testing may designate another individual to receive the benefits on behalf of their children.

Seriously dude?

CAMDEN The owner of a Citgo Food Mart in Deptford Township and two store employees were sentenced Monday to prison terms ranging from 12 to 18 months for defrauding the federal food stamp program of more than $280,000, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman announced.

Mehal Mothon, 48, of Berlin, who owns the Citgo Food Mart on Delsea Drive, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Joseph H. Rodriguez to 18 months in federal prison. Rodriguez sentenced two of Mothon's employees, cousins Palwinder Singh, 30, of Buena Vista, and Lakhwinder Singh, 42, of Cherry Hill, to 15 months and 12 months in prison, respectively.

The trio are to provide $283,350 in restitution, Rodriguez ordered.

The three pleaded guilty in November before Judge Rodriguez to a charge of conspiracy to embezzle from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Supplemental Nutrition and Assistance Program, or "SNAP."

The three admitted to a scheme where they gave SNAP participants cash in exchange for a 50 percent fee from July 2007 to last March.

3 sentenced in food stamp fraud - NJ.com

Nearly every bodega in Chicago will do it...

These fucks pretty much take the foodstamp card into the bodega (store) grab a 40 oz bottle of beer, the person buying it grabs 7-10 bucks worth of merchandise, the clerk rings him up on that, takes the 10 bucks (from the taxpayer), puts the merchandise back on the shelf and the welfare fuck walks out with the 40 ounce bottle of beer.

Thats how it works..

Or better yet...in order to collect money from the people supporting them...make it mandatory that able-bodied or able-minded recipients, volunteer in their community. :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]‪Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You gotta love these Republicans simply for the fact their bodies are on earth, but their minds are on mars.

lol Republicans are such idiots.

You're a dumb motherfucker do you know that??

If I was in your position I would have said: "thats a Fourth Amendment violation" but you're so fucking dumb you have no idea as to what that means.

You're probably right, sadly. This doesn't seem to me to be a right. It seems more like a driver's license than speech, but that's just me.

Do my fellow citizens have an unregulated right to have my money simply because they do not have thier own? I should think this would fall into the same realm as proving other qualifications, whatever those might be.

Are there any qualifications that a person needs to satisfy prior to be being granted welfare in Florida?

Drug testing welfare recipients isn't wrong nor unconstitutional, I was just saying if I was the opposition that would be my argument (which would be destroyed).

There is nothing wrong with standards or requirements to receive free money.

As a libertarian I think its fantastic the Tenth Amendment is being embraced for a reasonable cause.

Of course as a libertarian I'm opposed to welfare in general..

Last edited:
No one is forced to take these Drug Tests. If they want the Freebies,they'll just have to qualify. Being clean is just one of those qualifications. You don't want to be clean,don't demand Freebies. People are free to do all the Drugs they want. But it looks like their free-ride is all over in Florida. Nothing wrong with that.

Can you imagine how much money would be saved if all 50 states enacted this ?

Awesome. This will be an important strategy in balancing state budgets. We could use it to save money on all kinds of expensive government services. Some suggestions:

1. Public Schools:

Why should we taxpayer be providing subsidized daycare/education for families just because they push out squalling brats? We should require routine monitoring of their parenting skills (to make sure our money isn't being wasted) and install surveillance cameras in their homes to make sure the kids are doing their homework.

2. Public Transportation and Roads:

Freeloading scum use our transportation system to further their illegal drug trade. Anyone on the road should be subject to random searches for anything illegal they might be up to.

3. Libraries:

In many states and municipalities the libraries are funded with taxpayer money! We should keep a public record of the books people are reading and hold them accountable for any subversive ideas they may absorb.

These are just a few, but I'm sure we can come up with others ....

Forum List

Back