Flu season deaths top 80,000 last year, CDC says

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Just to keep things in perspective, here's the death toll from a typical flu season. It makes the hysteria over the Wuhan flu look absolutely absurd, doesn't? That's because it is absurd. It's a TDS moron and fake news generated hysteria. These assholes are fucking over millions of Americans purely for political purposes.

An estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This means it was the deadliest season in more than four decades -- since 1976, the date of the first published paper reporting total seasonal flu deaths, said CDC Spokeswoman Kristen Nordlund.

In previous seasons, flu-related deaths have ranged from a low of about 12,000 during the 2011-2012 season to a high of about 56,000 during the 2012-2013.

• Flu caused an estimated 80,000 deaths last fall and winter
  • The 2017-18 season ranks as the deadliest in more than four decades
  • Record 900,000 flu hospitalizations last year

Another retard that just doesnt get it ^^

Everyone is frustrated by the situation. Kids are partying on spring break not keeping social distances. In rural areas nothing really closed except the movies and schools. DC is a mess unable to agree on anything. COVID-19 needs to be handled soon so we all can get back to work or school. In urban areas its much scarier, NYC is a disaster, hoping FEMA can get them all the PPE they need. So everyone needs to stay calm, stay home, and stay safe for another week or two until the virus lessens.
COVID-19 is more deadly than normal flu by 5x to 10x, so its nothing to take lightly

Everyone is frustrated by the situation. Kids are partying on spring break not keeping social distances. In rural areas nothing really closed except the movies and schools. DC is a mess unable to agree on anything. COVID-19 needs to be handled soon so we all can get back to work or school. In urban areas its much scarier, NYC is a disaster, hoping FEMA can get them all the PPE they need. So everyone needs to stay calm, stay home, and stay safe for another week or two until the virus lessens.
COVID-19 is more deadly than normal flu by 5x to 10x, so its nothing to take lightly
Being frustrated shouldn't hinder your ability to think logically for an adult. People still comparing this to flu and whining about it doesn't make any sense to me. I want to slap the shit out of them and tell them to focus.

My daughter was at NYU. Got her out just in time. They literally closed the airports after her flight left to come home.

I get that TDS morons are generating hysteria that isn't justified by the facts. 80,000 people died, and it didn't affect the stock market one iota.

Being frustrated shouldn't hinder your ability to think logically for an adult. People still comparing this to flu and whining about it doesn't make any sense to me. I want to slap the shit out of them and tell them to focus.
Why shouldn't we compare it the flu? Because then sleazy lying turds like you couldn't use it to generate hysteria and crash the market?

You're a douchebag of the worst kind.

Why shouldn't we compare it the flu? Because then sleazy lying turds like you couldn't use it to generate hysteria and crash the market?

Several reasons. I'm not going to argue with you about it. Instead I suggest you educate yourself?

Several reasons. I'm not going to argue with you about it. Instead I suggest you educate yourself?
We both know why you aren't going to "educate" me about it: because you're a sleazy lying douchebag and I'll expose your ignorance if you try it.

Last edited:
Just to keep things in perspective, here's the death toll from a typical flu season. It makes the hysteria over the Wuhan flu look absolutely absurd, doesn't? That's because it is absurd. It's a TDS moron and fake news generated hysteria. These assholes are fucking over millions of Americans purely for political purposes.

An estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This means it was the deadliest season in more than four decades -- since 1976, the date of the first published paper reporting total seasonal flu deaths, said CDC Spokeswoman Kristen Nordlund.

In previous seasons, flu-related deaths have ranged from a low of about 12,000 during the 2011-2012 season to a high of about 56,000 during the 2012-2013.

Here is what you don't understand.

1. As a Pathogen, Coronavirus is 44 times more deadly than the seasonal flu virus. For those infected with seasonal flu, there is a .1% chance of death. For those infected with Coronavirus, a 4.4% chance of death.

2. There is a VACCINE every year for the seasonal flu virus. There is currently NO VACCINE for the coronavirus and may be 18 months before there is.

3. The Coronavirus is not a flu virus. Its a new pathogen for which humans have no built up immunities to unlike the seasonal flu.

4. New York State in April may require 37,000 Ventilators to keep patients alive. At the start of March, New York State only had 3,000 Ventilators. New York State is running out of supplies and capacity to treat patients. That never happens with the seasonal flu because it is evenly spread throughout the country, there is a vaccine for it, and it is 44 times less deadly.

1. As a Pathogen, Coronavirus is 44 times more deadly than the seasonal flu virus. For those infected with seasonal flu, there is a .1% chance of death. For those infected with Coronavirus, a 4.4% chance of death.

2. There is a VACCINE every year for the seasonal flu virus. There is currently NO VACCINE for the coronavirus and may be 18 months before there is.

3. The Coronavirus is not a flu virus. Its a new pathogen for which humans have no built up immunities to unlike the seasonal flu.

4. New York State in April may require 37,000 Ventilators to keep patients alive. At the start of March, New York State only had 3,000 Ventilators. New York State is running out of supplies and capacity to treat patients. That never happens with the seasonal flu because it is evenly spread throughout the country, there is a vaccine for it, and it is 44 times less deadly.
1. Lie
2. Lie
3. We don't have immunity to each new flu that comes out, shit for brains.
4. It doesn't happen with the flu because there is no hysteria, dumbass.

How many people in NY are on ventilators due to coronavirus?

My daughter was at NYU. Got her out just in time. They literally closed the airports after her flight left to come home.

Glad your daughter got out of NYC in time. Hope everyone is healthy.
Even though this is much deadlier than the normal flu, we are taking many more precautions, so hopefully the death rate is much lower than the expected 5x to 10x. A few more straws to grasp are, new medications, warmer weather, and much better hygiene such as frequent hand washing and gloves and masks. The economy needs attention just like COVID-19 does.

p.s. my wife raises Monarch butterflies as a hobby, so we know all about milkweeds...

Lying sleazy turds like trump? He’s all in.

1. COVID-19 is 5x-10x more deadly, NOT 44x. I gave you the link before from the CDC and Dr. Fauci
2. Trump needs to shorten that 18 months for vaccines to 9-12.
3. ok
4. Cuomo just ordered all hospitals to acquire 50% more bed space. Without ventilators not sure what good more beds will do. Hope FEMA can get more ventilators in time.

Glad your daughter got out of NYC in time. Hope everyone is healthy.
Even though this is much deadlier than the normal flu, we are taking many more precautions, so hopefully the death rate is much lower than the expected 5x to 10x. A few more straws to grasp are, new medications, warmer weather, and much better hygiene such as frequent hand washing and gloves and masks. The economy needs attention just like COVID-19 does.

p.s. my wife raises Monarch butterflies as a hobby, so we know all about milkweeds...
The claim that it's far more deadly than the regular flu hasn't been verified. That's fake news.

What is the most amazing part about these morons is they think that the man they worship on a daily basis is too stupid to know this is all overblown. Yet they continue to kiss his ass....just weird.

What is the most amazing part about these morons is they think that the man they worship on a daily basis is too stupid to know this is all overblown. Yet they continue to kiss his ass....just weird.
They waffle back and forth with the belief Drumpf is some kind of Norse god in the flesh or hes just a pitiful victim of those big bad ole Dems.

Forum List

Back