Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To Game

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
566db7911600002c00eb8b06.jpg

Sikhs have often been targeted by people who mistake them for Muslim.

Three football-loving Americans say they were nearly barred from watching their team at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego Sunday because they were wearing turbans, according to reports.

Denver Broncos fan Varinder Malhi and his friends were sporting jerseys, hats and other garb heading into the game, but it was the color-coordinated turbans -- typically worn by Sikh men -- that prompted San Diego Chargers security to say they couldn't enter the game, ABC San Diego reports.

The security official reportedly said the men would have to remove their turbans. The fans were ultimately allowed in, but warned they would not be able to wear their turbans again if they came back to the stadium.

But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium.

"It’s bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Malhi told ABC. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans.”

Bill Stetson, head of security for the Chargers, and the San Diego Police Department could not be reached for comment.

More: Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To NFL Game

Right-wing fear and hate have gotten totally out of hand. It's becoming very dangerous.

I have attended two NFL games this year. The Cardinals at Seahawks in November. And the Panthers vs Eagles in October.

At both stadiums...I had a metal detector scanned over me and had to TAKE MY HAT OFF so the inside could be seen.

Fuck their turbans. Take them off like the rest of us.

I have attended two NFL games this year. The Cardinals at Seahawks in November. And the Panthers vs Eagles in October.

At both stadiums...I had a metal detector scanned over me and had to TAKE MY HAT OFF so the inside could be seen.

Yeah, but when you put your hat back on did anyone attack, belittle, or threaten you?

Yeah, but when you put your hat back on did anyone attack, belittle, or threaten you?

Yes. I wore a Falcons hat to both. Got called all sorts of shit. Especially in Seattle. NFL home fans heckle other teams fans. They wore Broncos shit at the Chargers stadium. It's what happens.

Lucky they were in San Diego and not Philly or Oakland....they may have gotten much worse.

Three football-loving Americans say they were nearly barred from watching their team at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego Sunday because they were wearing turbans, according to reports.

Denver Broncos fan Varinder Malhi and his friends were sporting jerseys, hats and other garb heading into the game, but it was the color-coordinated turbans -- typically worn by Sikh men -- that prompted San Diego Chargers security to say they couldn't enter the game, ABC San Diego reports.

The security official reportedly said the men would have to remove their turbans. The fans were ultimately allowed in, but warned they would not be able to wear their turbans again if they came back to the stadium.

But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium.

"It’s bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Malhi told ABC. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans.”

Bill Stetson, head of security for the Chargers, and the San Diego Police Department could not be reached for comment.

Right-wing fear and hate have gotten totally out of hand. It's becoming very dangerous.

Now this far left drone is saying that football is right wing!

How low will this one that worships the sky people sink!

I doubt it was Liberals who were threatening them.

I doubt it was Liberals who were threatening them.

There is a difference between liberal and far left and there are no true liberals any more..

One of the men himself said it was embarrassing. How do you get VERY DANGEROUS from that?
You scaredy libtards. Honestly :cuckoo:

How do you know the security staff and the person who made the phone call weren't scared libtards?

How do you know the security staff and the person who made the phone call weren't scared libtards?

For the same reason that Christian anti-abortion terrorists aren't Liberals.

For the same reason that Christian anti-abortion terrorists aren't Liberals.
So you love to generalise but have absolutely no idea. Just as I thought.

'They' who?

Please stop lumping Sikhs in with muslims. Sikhs haven't bombed or beheaded anyone. They are a generally nice and peaceful people. If it helps, think of their turban as a funny looking cowboy hat.

They're different, so fuck them!

Sieg Heil!

Forum List

Back