Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To Game

You cant stop stoopid............:spinner::spinner:

Offuckingcourse you dont wear one of those towel things to the game.........f'ing duh. If I go to Fenway Park as a Yankee fan wearing everything Yankee's, if I get a bottle off the head, I have nobody to blame but myself:2up:

566db7911600002c00eb8b06.jpg

Sikhs have often been targeted by people who mistake them for Muslim.

Three football-loving Americans say they were nearly barred from watching their team at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego Sunday because they were wearing turbans, according to reports.

Denver Broncos fan Varinder Malhi and his friends were sporting jerseys, hats and other garb heading into the game, but it was the color-coordinated turbans -- typically worn by Sikh men -- that prompted San Diego Chargers security to say they couldn't enter the game, ABC San Diego reports.

The security official reportedly said the men would have to remove their turbans. The fans were ultimately allowed in, but warned they would not be able to wear their turbans again if they came back to the stadium.

But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium.

"It’s bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Malhi told ABC. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans.”

Bill Stetson, head of security for the Chargers, and the San Diego Police Department could not be reached for comment.

More: Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To NFL Game

Right-wing fear and hate have gotten totally out of hand. It's becoming very dangerous.

Those sorry fucken liberals in Denver are so damn racist...

Try again, it happened in San Diego

Which creates an interesting rhetorical conundrum ---
Partisan hacks on this board desperate for a point-scoring opportunity like to whine about problems in "Democrat-run cities" (as if cities are related to the political spectrum), in spite of the fact that virtually all cities, with or without problems are in fact "run by Democrats".

There are a couple of exceptions. One of them being ----- San Diego.

566db7911600002c00eb8b06.jpg

Sikhs have often been targeted by people who mistake them for Muslim.

Three football-loving Americans say they were nearly barred from watching their team at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego Sunday because they were wearing turbans, according to reports.

Denver Broncos fan Varinder Malhi and his friends were sporting jerseys, hats and other garb heading into the game, but it was the color-coordinated turbans -- typically worn by Sikh men -- that prompted San Diego Chargers security to say they couldn't enter the game, ABC San Diego reports.

The security official reportedly said the men would have to remove their turbans. The fans were ultimately allowed in, but warned they would not be able to wear their turbans again if they came back to the stadium.

But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium.

"It’s bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Malhi told ABC. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans.”

Bill Stetson, head of security for the Chargers, and the San Diego Police Department could not be reached for comment.

More: Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To NFL Game

Right-wing fear and hate have gotten totally out of hand. It's becoming very dangerous.

Those sorry fucken liberals in Denver are so damn racist...

Try again, it happened in San Diego

Which creates an interesting rhetorical conundrum ---
Partisan hacks on this board desperate for a point-scoring opportunity like to whine about problems in "Democrat-run cities" (as if cities are related to the political spectrum), in spite of the fact that virtually all cities, with or without problems are in fact "run by Democrats".

There are a couple of exceptions. One of them being ----- San Diego.

Oh look at the irony impairment of this far left drone and their comments!

Offuckingcourse you dont wear one of those towel things to the game.........f'ing duh. If I go to Fenway Park as a Yankee fan wearing everything Yankee's, if I get a bottle off the head, I have nobody to blame but myself:2up:

Oh yeah that's the same thing. "Sikh" is a baseball team now. :rolleyes:

The whole idea of being a fan at a sports event is community -- you're behind your team the same way your neighbor is, regardless whether that neighbor's a Sikh, a Jew, an atheist or a Buddhist. That's irrelevant.

It's a testament to the idea of Ignorance as a virtue (see sigline below) that some idiot freaks out over a Sikh putting a pair of shoes in his trunk ---

>> But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium. <<​

Who ever heard of a Sikh setting a bomb? This is the price of wallowing in the superficial.

Where is this alleged obligation you speak of in the Constitution? And is that to infer that you do not support freedom of religion?
Not all obligations are in the Constitution, Twatacious.

Then where is this obligation in legislation or jurisprudence? And you still haven't answered my question. Do you or do you not support the First Amendment?

The NFL and the San Diego Chargers are not the government. They aren't held to the Constitution. If they say you must remove religious Headwear for security checks...gotta remove it. No different than a Miami nightclub with a dress code.

Who said they were? That is not what I was addressing. Try to keep up with the discussion.

Oh I did. The problem is you don't know what the 1st Amendment is. Hint: It restricts what government can or can't do, not what the San Diego Chargers private security can and can't do.

Assimilation would mean understanding how our country works. Something you obviously still don't fully grasp.

By assimilation you, of course, mean act like white Christian people.

Don't overdo it. Yankee fans wear their stupid gear to Fenway when they are in town.

So now conservatives oppose freedom of religion?
We support the obligation of immigrants to assimilate to American culture as they have for the last 150 years.

Where is this alleged obligation you speak of in the Constitution? And is that to infer that you do not support freedom of religion?
Not all obligations are in the Constitution, Twatacious.

Then where is this obligation in legislation or jurisprudence? And you still haven't answered my question. Do you or do you not support the First Amendment?

The NFL and the San Diego Chargers are not the government. They aren't held to the Constitution. If they say you must remove religious Headwear for security checks...gotta remove it. No different than a Miami nightclub with a dress code.

In 1986 a friend of my who is Sikh and wears a turban was denied entry to a private restaurant in So. Ca. I was with him and his girlfriend.

My friend hired a lawyer and sued that restaurant. The restaurant lost and my friend got a lot of money from that restaurant.

You conveniently forget state public accommodation and anti discrimination laws. All those laws list RELIGION as one of the things no one can discriminate anyone for.

So you would be wrong.

Forum List

Back