Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To Game

566db7911600002c00eb8b06.jpg

Sikhs have often been targeted by people who mistake them for Muslim.

Three football-loving Americans say they were nearly barred from watching their team at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego Sunday because they were wearing turbans, according to reports.

Denver Broncos fan Varinder Malhi and his friends were sporting jerseys, hats and other garb heading into the game, but it was the color-coordinated turbans -- typically worn by Sikh men -- that prompted San Diego Chargers security to say they couldn't enter the game, ABC San Diego reports.

The security official reportedly said the men would have to remove their turbans. The fans were ultimately allowed in, but warned they would not be able to wear their turbans again if they came back to the stadium.

But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium.

"It’s bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Malhi told ABC. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans.”

Bill Stetson, head of security for the Chargers, and the San Diego Police Department could not be reached for comment.

More: Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To NFL Game

Right-wing fear and hate have gotten totally out of hand. It's becoming very dangerous.

Those sorry fucken liberals in Denver are so damn racist...

Try again, it happened in San Diego

Those sorry fucken liberals in San Diego are so damn racist...better?

Three football-loving Americans say they were nearly barred from watching their team at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego Sunday because they were wearing turbans, according to reports.

Denver Broncos fan Varinder Malhi and his friends were sporting jerseys, hats and other garb heading into the game, but it was the color-coordinated turbans -- typically worn by Sikh men -- that prompted San Diego Chargers security to say they couldn't enter the game, ABC San Diego reports.

The security official reportedly said the men would have to remove their turbans. The fans were ultimately allowed in, but warned they would not be able to wear their turbans again if they came back to the stadium.

But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium.

"It’s bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Malhi told ABC. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans.”

Bill Stetson, head of security for the Chargers, and the San Diego Police Department could not be reached for comment.

Right-wing fear and hate have gotten totally out of hand. It's becoming very dangerous.
How do you know the security staff and the person who made the phone call weren't scared libtards?

For the same reason that Christian anti-abortion terrorists aren't Liberals.
Bringing up abortion again I see. It must REALLY suck to have such a guilty conscience Pocahontas.

This is what happens when you have idiots running around who are uneducated about religions and their differences.

That "libtard" thing is so clever. WTF are you, an 8 year old who needs someone to tie your shoes in the morning and put you on the bus to special ed?

My god I stopped crying about the mean things people say when I was in First grade

Grow a fucking set

Leave that shit in India where it belongs. You're in America and Americans don't wear turbans.

So now conservatives oppose freedom of religion?
We support the obligation of immigrants to assimilate to American culture as they have for the last 150 years.
Where did you read there was an obligation to assimilate? I ask because you stated your opinion as if it was a fact backed by a law or something.

Leave that shit in India where it belongs. You're in America and Americans don't wear turbans.

We support the obligation of immigrants to assimilate to American culture as they have for the last 150 years.
Where did you read there was an obligation to assimilate? I ask because you stated your opinion as if it was a fact backed by a law or something.
Backed by tradition. And because we have discretion over which countries we take immigrants from, we can stop taking them from countries whose immigrants refuse to assimilate.

Backed by tradition. And because we have discretion over which countries we take immigrants from, we can stop taking them from countries whose immigrants refuse to assimilate.
Where is this tradition written down and made into a law? There are plenty of people in this country that dont assimilate and they still take immigrants from their countries. I met one yesterday thats been here 50 years and wont watch TV and only speaks Portuguese.

Where is this alleged obligation you speak of in the Constitution? And is that to infer that you do not support freedom of religion?

I would say they have assimilated quite well into American culture as they are sporting Bronco's jerseys and attending an NFL game. lol

It's interesting how in many threads conservatives say that liberals support terrorists and help them bomb places. They say that liberals are on the side of the terrorists and hate America.

Now they're saying that liberals aren't on the side of terrorists.

It's much like they run around telling everyone liberals hate guns and want to take all guns away from everyone. That is until some right wing crazy gun person kills a bunch of people, then that person who killed a bunch of people becomes a liberal.

You conservatives really need to pick one and stick with it.

Forum List

Back