Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To Game

Leave that shit in India where it belongs. You're in America and Americans don't wear turbans.

So now conservatives oppose freedom of religion?
We support the obligation of immigrants to assimilate to American culture as they have for the last 150 years.

I would say they have assimilated quite well into American culture as they are sporting Bronco's jerseys and attending an NFL game. lol
That better be Boise State Broncos.

Leave that shit in India where it belongs. You're in America and Americans don't wear turbans.

We support the obligation of immigrants to assimilate to American culture as they have for the last 150 years.

Where is this alleged obligation you speak of in the Constitution? And is that to infer that you do not support freedom of religion?
Not all obligations are in the Constitution, Twatacious.

I would say they have assimilated quite well into American culture as they are sporting Bronco's jerseys and attending an NFL game. lol
That better be Boise State Broncos.

Ya'll got The Poinsettia Bowl coming up. The only reason I know this is b/c my dear friend was graduated from Northern Illinois. lol.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that a sky piece is a detriment to anyone's well being.

God bless you and them guys always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. If anything, they help keep a person's head warm when its cold outside. :) :) :)

566ed89d1f00002d00e9ba6d.jpg

In a rare accommodation, the U.S. Army has allowed a Sikh soldier to temporarily keep his beard and wear his turban while serving in an active combat position.

Capt. Simratpal Singh, a Bronze Star recipient, is the first active-duty combat soldier in decades to be granted an exception to the Army's grooming requirements. Sikhs are required by their faith to leave their hair uncut and Sikh soldiers, along with soldiers of other faiths that require certain facial hair, often find themselves having to choose between their faith and their calling.

More: Sikh Soldier In U.S. Army Allowed To Keep His Beard

Another small step forward for humankind.

Last edited:

Where is this alleged obligation you speak of in the Constitution? And is that to infer that you do not support freedom of religion?

Then where is this obligation in legislation or jurisprudence? And you still haven't answered my question. Do you or do you not support the First Amendment?

No one is forced to attend an NFL football game. Their security says REMOVE YOUR HATS to ensure no weapons are hidden...that's their right to do so. I have had to remove my hat at several NFL stadiums and at the SEC stadium here in SC.

Take the damn hat off for security. Why is it so inflammatory?

Then where is this obligation in legislation or jurisprudence? And you still haven't answered my question. Do you or do you not support the First Amendment?

The NFL and the San Diego Chargers are not the government. They aren't held to the Constitution. If they say you must remove religious Headwear for security checks...gotta remove it. No different than a Miami nightclub with a dress code.

The first amendment applies to government, not private sporting venues.

Get yourself an education.

You should get an education. There is nothing in the private sporting venues that says you cant wear a turban.

In a rare accommodation, the U.S. Army has allowed a Sikh soldier to temporarily keep his beard and wear his turban while serving in an active combat position.

Capt. Simratpal Singh, a Bronze Star recipient, is the first active-duty combat soldier in decades to be granted an exception to the Army's grooming requirements. Sikhs are required by their faith to leave their hair uncut and Sikh soldiers, along with soldiers of other faiths that require certain facial hair, often find themselves having to choose between their faith and their calling.

I had to get an Army high and tight even though long hair is a longstanding, deeply revered tradition of our people. The reason was simple. Our NBC pro masks cannot provide a complete seal if head or facial hair prevents full contact with the skin. And while I don't mind seeing turban warriors scratching their eyes out because a chemical agent seeped into their MOPP gear, the military shouldn't be making exceptions for ANYONE.

What does that have to do with anything? You said they are obligated to assimilate. Still dodging the question. I asked you whether or not you supported freedom of religion. Why can't you answer such a simple question?

Honestly, there is no need to continue this discussion. You are yet another dishonest and dishonorable "conservative" who treats the Constitution like gospel until it no longer fits your agenda.

I had to get an Army high and tight even though long hair is a longstanding, deeply revered tradition of our people. The reason was simple. Our NBC pro masks cannot provide a complete seal if head or facial hair prevents full contact with the skin. And while I don't mind seeing turban warriors scratching their eyes out because a chemical agent seeped into their MOPP gear, the military shouldn't be making exceptions for ANYONE.
Too late. Obviously your invitation to the meeting on deciding this was lost.

The NFL and the San Diego Chargers are not the government. They aren't held to the Constitution. If they say you must remove religious Headwear for security checks...gotta remove it. No different than a Miami nightclub with a dress code.

Who said they were? That is not what I was addressing. Try to keep up with the discussion.

566db7911600002c00eb8b06.jpg

Sikhs have often been targeted by people who mistake them for Muslim.

Three football-loving Americans say they were nearly barred from watching their team at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego Sunday because they were wearing turbans, according to reports.

Denver Broncos fan Varinder Malhi and his friends were sporting jerseys, hats and other garb heading into the game, but it was the color-coordinated turbans -- typically worn by Sikh men -- that prompted San Diego Chargers security to say they couldn't enter the game, ABC San Diego reports.

The security official reportedly said the men would have to remove their turbans. The fans were ultimately allowed in, but warned they would not be able to wear their turbans again if they came back to the stadium.

But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium.

"It’s bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Malhi told ABC. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans.”

Bill Stetson, head of security for the Chargers, and the San Diego Police Department could not be reached for comment.

More: Football-Loving Americans Harassed For Wearing Turbans To NFL Game

Right-wing fear and hate have gotten totally out of hand. It's becoming very dangerous.

Wearing Denver jerseys in San Diego had nothing to with it.

THE STUPID, IT BURNS!

What does that have to do with anything? You said they are obligated to assimilate. Still dodging the question. I asked you whether or not you supported freedom of religion. Why can't you answer such a simple question?

Honestly, there is no need to continue this discussion. You are yet another dishonest and dishonorable "conservative" who treats the Constitution like gospel until it no longer fits your agenda.

Idiot. Assimilation also includes accepting our nation's laws. The 1st Amendment applies to the GOVERNMENT. The Constitution applies to the GOVERNMENT.

It's why a Miami nightclub can have a dress code. It's why a restaurant can kick you out for using profanity. It's WHY the stadium security guards (not cops) can make you open up a purse or remove a hat...with no suspicion of a crime.

Maybe YOU need to assimilate more and learn what the Constitution actually means. As a self proclaimed libertarian you sure seem ignorant of it. The Constitution says what the government is restricted from doing.

Who said they were? That is not what I was addressing. Try to keep up with the discussion.

Oh I did. The problem is you don't know what the 1st Amendment is. Hint: It restricts what government can or can't do, not what the San Diego Chargers private security can and can't do.

Assimilation would mean understanding how our country works. Something you obviously still don't fully grasp.

Three football-loving Americans say they were nearly barred from watching their team at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego Sunday because they were wearing turbans, according to reports.

Denver Broncos fan Varinder Malhi and his friends were sporting jerseys, hats and other garb heading into the game, but it was the color-coordinated turbans -- typically worn by Sikh men -- that prompted San Diego Chargers security to say they couldn't enter the game, ABC San Diego reports.

The security official reportedly said the men would have to remove their turbans. The fans were ultimately allowed in, but warned they would not be able to wear their turbans again if they came back to the stadium.

But the harassment didn't end there. Someone at the game called San Diego police to report the men were rummaging in the trunk of a car and then left the parking lot, police told ABC San Diego.

A bystander took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog inspecting the vehicle and sent it to the TV station. Malhi said the men had put a bag into the trunk after realizing they couldn't bring it inside the stadium.

"It’s bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Malhi told ABC. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans.”

Bill Stetson, head of security for the Chargers, and the San Diego Police Department could not be reached for comment.

Right-wing fear and hate have gotten totally out of hand. It's becoming very dangerous.

THE STUPID, IT BURNS!
80% of the fans in the stands that game wore Denver jerseys.

THE STUPID, IT BURNS!

THE STUPID, IT BURNS!
80% of the fans in the stands that game wore Denver jerseys.

THE STUPID, IT BURNS!
The lies needed, THE STUPID, IT BURNS!

You see DontTazeMeBro here is how the Constitution works.

Guns.
The government cannot say "Joe citizen you cannot possess a hand gun"
Your boss at work CAN say "Joe citizen....you bring a gun to work...even in your locked car...you're fired."

Searches:
Government cannot say "Joe citizen remove your hat and open your purse for a safety check."
Miami nightclub bouncer CAN say "No hats. Open the purse. No shorts either."

Speech:
Government can't arrest someone for saying "fucking pussy".
A restaurant can kick you out for saying "fucking pussy".

See now??? Assimilation means accepting what our government can and can't do....as well as what private citizens and businesses can or can't do.

Forum List

Back