For all the big government fans

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
It seems that an animal shelter taking care of a baby deer before turning it over to a incensed refuge in another state is illegal, and actually warrants a raid just like they would if they suspected them of dealing drugs.

"It was like a SWAT team," shelter employee Ray Schulze said.

Two weeks ago, Schulze was working in the barn at the Society of St. Francis on the Kenosha-Illinois border when a swarm of squad cars arrived and officers unloaded with a search warrant.

"(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth," Schulze said.

The focus of their search was a baby fawn brought there by an Illinois family worried she had been abandoned by her mother.

"When it made a little noise, it sounded like it was laughing," Schulze said.
I
Armed agents raid animal shelter for baby deer | Local News - Home

Big government, keeping us safe from baby deer.

It seems that an animal shelter taking care of a baby deer before turning it over to a incensed refuge in another state is illegal, and actually warrants a raid just like they would if they suspected them of dealing drugs.

Two weeks ago, Schulze was working in the barn at the Society of St. Francis on the Kenosha-Illinois border when a swarm of squad cars arrived and officers unloaded with a search warrant.

"(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth," Schulze said.

The focus of their search was a baby fawn brought there by an Illinois family worried she had been abandoned by her mother.

I

There HAS to be more to this story. I can't see why so many people would have to be involved in the case of a deer rescue that was for some reason illegal.

I

Or deer ticks, just saying.

I

Damn, I am sure glad that youmentioned ticks, what would we do if the government was not around to protect us from ticks. If only someone had taken that deer to a place that had a vet on staff who was experienced working with large animals, like an animal shelter with a barn.

Wait, they did.

Reported cases of Lyme disease and other tickborne diseases have been increasing in Wisconsin over the past 10 years, according to Dr. Henry Anderson, State Health Officer. The annual average of 3,250 confirmed and probable cases of Lyme disease reported in Wisconsin during the period 2008 to 2011 was six times higher than the annual average of 536 reported cases during the period 1997 to 1999. Reports of other tickborne diseases to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services have also increased substantially during recent years.

http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/news/PressReleases/2013/050913.htm

http://www.co.lincoln.wi.us/announcements/?i=599a69e957b0

I

Damn, I am sure glad that youmentioned ticks, what would we do if the government was not around to protect us from ticks. If only someone had taken that deer to a place that had a vet on staff who was experienced working with large animals, like an animal shelter with a barn.

Wait, they did.

Just posted an article where Wisconsin has seen an increase in Lyme disease.

And from your article.
"In certain circumstances, Wisconsin allows organizations to house wild deer but only with a state-issued permit."

In the two weeks they had the deer why didn't they take the deer to a state permitted facility?

I

Wait, they did.

And from your article.
"In certain circumstances, Wisconsin allows organizations to house wild deer but only with a state-issued permit."

In the two weeks they had the deer why didn't they take the deer to a state permitted facility?

And why would they allow a deer in their facility where they house dogs, cats etc. that might be adopted?

The DNR are not the idiots here. The animal shelter is. Good thing they stepped in. That fawn could have infected many animals.
I hope now they go through the whole shelter. F'ing idiots.

How would you feel if you adopted a dog from this shelter then say you or your child was bit by a deer tick and then came down with Lyme disease?
I would sue the shit out of the morons running the shelter for my medical costs.
The shelters stupidity caused that deer to be killed not the DNR.

There HAS to be more to this story. I can't see why so many people would have to be involved in the case of a deer rescue that was for some reason illegal.
It would seem so, and I would like to believe that is so, but the direction our government has been moving in for the past few decades has created an atmosphere in which forceful police activity has become the rule rather than the exception. These S.W.A.T. operations were originally intended for use under such exceptional circumstances as armed hostage situations and the like, but the reality is they have become quite routine and are deployed with the slightest justification.

It would seem so, and I would like to believe that is so, but the direction our government has been moving in for the past few decades has created an atmosphere in which forceful police activity has become the rule rather than the exception. These S.W.A.T. operations were originally intended for use under such exceptional circumstances as armed hostage situations and the like, but the reality is they have become quite routine and are deployed with the slightest justification.

You should see the raids the FDA puts together for Communal farms that distribute unpasteurized milk to it's members.

Now those resemble huge drug busts.

Reported cases of Lyme disease and other tickborne diseases have been increasing in Wisconsin over the past 10 years, according to Dr. Henry Anderson, State Health Officer. The annual average of 3,250 confirmed and probable cases of Lyme disease reported in Wisconsin during the period 2008 to 2011 was six times higher than the annual average of 536 reported cases during the period 1997 to 1999. Reports of other tickborne diseases to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services have also increased substantially during recent years.

Wisconsin Prepares for Another Active Season of Tickbourne Disease

Lincoln County Government - Merrill Wisconsin » Announcements » Deer Ticks Pass More than Lyme Disease

Repeating statistics does not prove that this animal shelter did not check this dear for ticks, does it?

Wait, they did.

And from your article.

I saw that, it was about as pertinent as when you Seawitch posts articles about reparation therapy.

Why would they pay a few thousand dollars to get a permit for something that only happened once, especially when the dear was scheduled to be moved to another facility the next day? Did the state really need to send a SWAT team out to take down one baby dear that was being hand raised by volunteers that only wanted to save its life?

How would you feel if you adopted a dog from this shelter then say you or your child was bit by a deer tick and then came down with Lyme disease?
I would sue the shit out of the morons running the shelter for my medical costs.

I would feel flabbergasted because there is every animal shelter in this country routinely screens animals for ticks and fleas. How would you feel?

What a predictable use of police state tactics in lieu of actual police work. In an authoritarian society, shock troops are the weapon of choice. I'm surprised the filthy pig scum didn't throw in flash bangs.

Wait, they did.

And from your article.

I saw that, it was about as pertinent as when you Seawitch posts articles about reparation therapy.

Why would they pay a few thousand dollars to get a permit for something that only happened once, especially when the dear was scheduled to be moved to another facility the next day? Did the state really need to send a SWAT team out to take down one baby dear that was being hand raised by volunteers that only wanted to save its life?

They didn't send the SWAT team, the worker said they were like a SWAT team.

What a predictable use of police state tactics in lieu of actual police work. In an authoritarian society, shock troops are the weapon of choice. I'm surprised the filthy pig scum didn't throw in flash bangs.

It was the DNR. Not the POlice.

Wait, they did.

And from your article.

Which is why they have places for deer, that have permits. And they had two weeks to take the deer to one of these places.

I would feel flabbergasted because there is every animal shelter in this country routinely screens animals for ticks and fleas. How would you feel?

Do you know what the safety practices are for this shelter?

I

Wait, they did.

For another "seemingly ridiculous" thing, google moving fire wood made from Fraxinus family ash trees. For fear of spreading emerald ash borer moving the wood may be illegal in some places. My soon to be infected area should not be exporting ash to KC for fear of spreading the bug faster much less other states.

Forum List

Back