For all the Bigoted Bakers, Fanatical Florists and Pharisee Photographers

I wonder if you think people should not be "forced" to serve women and blacks or other minorities too? Sorry, but if you open a business, you must follow the laws put forth by your respective state. You can stomp your feet and whine about it all you want. We are NOT going back to a time when businesses can lock certain segments of the community out.

And you don't see that as forcing your beliefs on others. Please do look up the definition of "bigot".

Bogus. I suppose you think black people and gay people are bigots for wanting equal rights and privileges, when it comes to business matters? Your argument sucks. Face facts. YOU are the bigot for wanting segregated stores!!! You make me want to hurl with your false narratives and bogus excuses.

Wow, now you are really going off the deep rails. You HAVE to implant some nefarious reasoning onto people that disagree with you, you just can't accept a rational person would have a differing opinion.

THIS is what has become of the modern left, sniveling children who can't stand being told "you are wrong."

Oh, and BTW, it is you and your allies who are doing all the "sniveling" over the law. Not me. Lol! :wink_2: Poor little victim that you are.

Now you are just lashing out in anger. Nothing constructive in your posts for about 3 pages now.

Nope, I'm making fun of you and your perceived victim status and claims of persecution.

Wow, now you are really going off the deep rails. You HAVE to implant some nefarious reasoning onto people that disagree with you, you just can't accept a rational person would have a differing opinion.

THIS is what has become of the modern left, sniveling children who can't stand being told "you are wrong."

Why else would you be against equal access?

Because in this case equal access requires trampling on the rights of someone else, and in the case of a non-necessary service that is easily gotten somewhere else, more harm is done by government forcing someone to do something they do not want to, than the harm done by the couple having to find another vendor.

No it doesn't. If you cannot handle doing your job properly and in accordance with the law, then you have no business going into business.

Says you. So much desire for control of your fellow citizens.

Says the law in the State of Oregon.

Again running to "because the law". The law in Alabama used to demand segregation. Appeal to authority does nothing to debate the righteousness of a law.

And you don't see that as forcing your beliefs on others. Please do look up the definition of "bigot".

Bogus. I suppose you think black people and gay people are bigots for wanting equal rights and privileges, when it comes to business matters? Your argument sucks. Face facts. YOU are the bigot for wanting segregated stores!!! You make me want to hurl with your false narratives and bogus excuses.

Because in this case equal access requires trampling on the rights of someone else, and in the case of a non-necessary service that is easily gotten somewhere else, more harm is done by government forcing someone to do something they do not want to, than the harm done by the couple having to find another vendor.
What is the harm done?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

being forced to provide a service they don't want to, or face government sanction.

Oh, and BTW, it is you and your allies who are doing all the "sniveling" over the law. Not me. Lol! :wink_2: Poor little victim that you are.

Now you are just lashing out in anger. Nothing constructive in your posts for about 3 pages now.

Nope, I'm making fun of you and your perceived victim status and claims of persecution.

Those bakers were persecuted, not me.

What is the harm done?

being forced to provide a service they don't want to, or face government sanction.
You're making a choice when CHOOSING to go into that line of businesses. Go find another job or line of work.

What is the harm done?

Those are the LAWS in the state. Don't like them? Don't open a business. When you open a business in this particular state (and most other states as far as I'm aware), you are required to put your personal feelings aside and treat everyone as an equal. This is NOT so much to ask. Nobody is being "persecuted" as this law applies to everyone, not just Christians, you dope.

The thing is, people don't have to believe what you think they should believe. That does not change the validity of their belief.

NO, guy, the problem is they are using a selective reading of their holy book in order to rationalize their bigotry.

That didn't fly 50 years ago when Southern Bigots tried to exclude blacks from their hotels and it doesn't fly now.

All religions use selective readings of their texts to live by.

Religion is flexible that way for the believer.

So even though you may be technically correct there is no reason why a christian cannot selectively interpret their bible to use as a guide for their life.'

It is not about religious technicalities it is about individual rights and freedoms. Chief among these is the individual right to discrimination.

Discrimination is a basic human right regardless of how one discriminates. It is nothing more than the free and peaceful association or disassociation with others based on preference. It harms no one and is no one else business least of all the governments
We are all free to discriminate in private, not in the public sphere. A business is for the public.

Wrong a business by definition ir private property and part of the private sphere just as much as someones home.

A business does not serve the public it trades with select individuals
No, thats not how it works. Thankfully, everyone with sense understood it differently than you do.

Yes it is how it works and the others you claim have more sense are simply rationalizing thought control

What is the harm done?

You're making a choice when CHOOSING to go into that line of businesses. Go find another job or line of work.

You are making lots of choices but none of that involves surrendering your right to preference

Yeah, I didn't think you would understand.

I understand that you are full of crap. The simple fact of the matter is, if you cannot serve the public, then don't go into a business in which you are expected to serve the public.

And you don't see that as forcing your beliefs on others.

I wonder if you think people should not be "forced" to serve women and blacks or other minorities too? Sorry, but if you open a business, you must follow the laws put forth by your respective state. You can stomp your feet and whine about it all you want. We are NOT going back to a time when businesses can lock certain segments of the community out.

No. But a black person who thinks a white person is bad just because they are white is certainly a bigot, and a gay person who think someone is bad because they are straight is certainly a bigot. You make broad judgments on people you don't know and apply the label "Christian" as if it were an insult. Which makes you a bigot. Look up the definition of the word. It's about how you react, not what you react to.

What is the harm done?

Those are the LAWS in the state. Don't like them? Don't open a business. When you open a business in this particular state (and most other states as far as I'm aware), you are required to put your personal feelings aside and treat everyone as an equal. This is NOT so much to ask. Nobody is being "persecuted" as this law applies to everyone, not just Christians, you dope.

Unjust laws should be opposed and any law which is contradictory and discriminatory is unjust. That is the point these laws you refer to are no better than the Jim Crow laws the replaced.

You instead should oppose such laws and stay out of peoples business

What is the harm done?

It's easier for the other side to find another baker, and less actual harm is done.

I understand that you are full of crap. The simple fact of the matter is, if you cannot serve the public, then don't go into a business in which you are expected to serve the public.

No. But a black person who thinks a white person is bad just because they are white is certainly a bigot, and a gay person who think someone is bad because they are straight is certainly a bigot. You make broad judgments on people you don't know and apply the label "Christian" as if it were an insult. Which makes you a bigot. Look up the definition of the word. It's about how you react, not what you react to.

Bullshit. You who want segregated businesses are the bigots. That is quite clear. You can continue trying to character assassinate me by calling ME a bigot, but it is laughable.

What is the harm done?

It's easier for the other side to find another baker, and less actual harm is done.

Sorry, in today's day and age, we don't tolerate your bigotry. You WILL be sued. I'm sure that the state is not going to see you as a poor little victim.

What is the harm done?

All you have is 'the law is the law is the law". That is appeal to authority, and not a proper tool of debate.

You are making some "animals more equal than others" and you are ironically doing it in the name of equality.

What is the harm done?

Sorry, in today's day and age, we don't tolerate your bigotry. You WILL be sued. I'm sure that the state is not going to see you as a poor little victim.

Submit or be punished. The definition of the Progressive Statist.

Basically you are saying "we don't tolerate your kind", but since you disagree with said kind's politics and morals, it A-OK in your book.

Again, you are the bigot here.

What is the harm done?

All you have is 'the law is the law is the law". That is appeal to authority, and not a proper tool of debate.

You are making some "animals more equal than others" and you are ironically doing it in the name of equality.

:crybaby: The horror. If you open a business, you are expected to behave like an adult and treat all your customers the same. If you cannot do that and if you cannot abide by the law, then don't open a business. You are not being "forced" to do anything except to treat others like equal human beings. If that is too much for you to handle, then you probably should never own a business anyway. I'm glad for this law. It's a good law and I stand behind it 100%.

Bullshit. You who want segregated businesses are the bigots. That is quite clear. You can continue trying to character assassinate me by calling ME a bigot, but it is laughable.

You want's some nails for for that cross you want to hang yourself on?

Hey, buddy! Nobody is forcing you to do anything but treat people the same. That is how we do things today. We are not going back to your 1950s utopia of discrimination and bigotry against those who are different and might have different beliefs than you. If you can't handle it, don't go into business.

What is the harm done?

You proved my point that you are after thought control and nothing else

Hey, buddy! Nobody is forcing you to do anything but treat people the same. That is how we do things today. We are not going back to your 1950s utopia of discrimination and bigotry against those who are different and might have different beliefs than you. If you can't handle it, don't go into business.

The discrimination you refer to in the past was forced by law you are doing he same thing in reverse which is just as bad

Forum List

Back