🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

For all the Bigoted Bakers, Fanatical Florists and Pharisee Photographers

The State is wrong, and the law is wrong. do you get it?

It's not wrong. The state realizes that it is bad business practice to allow businesses to discriminate. It would cost the state money in the long run. It would be an unfriendly environment for many consumers. I'm sorry that you know nothing of business or law. It's really sad and pathetic, this position that you are defending. Shame on you. States have rights when it comes to business practices, especially fair business practice, it effects the state's bottom line too.

Also, you can damn well refuse to perform a service for a customer that is out of the ordinary, especially if you can show the court that it would hurt your business earnings potential, hurt or offend a portion of your customer base, but this is all on a secular and monetary basis. You cannot claim "religious freedom" to discriminate when it comes to your business practices because it is illegal, and I believe you will find that is the case in ALL states. They are not as dumb as you.

Finally a response, but of course followed by appeal to authority (in bold).

And none of the reasons you gave were the reason for PA laws in the first place. Again, they were tools to fight systemic government mandated discrimination, and the remnants of such after the laws enforcing them were voided.

Here is an editorial basically re-hashing my view on this.

Be Kind To Bigots Repeal the Anti-Discrimination Laws

If you say this, as I just did, you can expect to be accused of being a bigot and basically a defender of segregation and Jim Crow. This is because the gay rights movement long ago declared itself to be the successor to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 60s—complete with the idea that its opponents are just as evil and deserve to be treated with exactly as little tolerance.

This was always an overblown comparison. The original context for anti-discrimination laws was the need to tear down a comprehensive system of legally enforced exclusion and inferiority. It was not just about white people refusing to bake a cake for a black couple’s wedding. They were required to refuse blacks a whole range of services as a matter of law. Shelby Steele has written about taking family road trips as a kid, and how they couldn’t just pull into a new town and go straight to the nearest restaurant or hotel. Instead, they would drive around until they saw another black person, then ask for directions to the places that would serve people of their color. That’s how all-pervasive the system was.

Finally? I wrote that response yesterday, dolt.

Look, your ideas are just . . . stupid and retarded. No, the law is not going to "allow" you to discriminate. Stop being stupid.

By finally, I mean you went past your appeal to authority regurgitation, for a second at least.

How about you stop being fascist?

How about you stop being stupid and ignorant? Oh wait a minute, I forgot where I was for a minute. Lol.

It's sad when someone runs out of actual responses. Keep thrashing.

It's not wrong. The state realizes that it is bad business practice to allow businesses to discriminate. It would cost the state money in the long run. It would be an unfriendly environment for many consumers. I'm sorry that you know nothing of business or law. It's really sad and pathetic, this position that you are defending. Shame on you. States have rights when it comes to business practices, especially fair business practice, it effects the state's bottom line too.

Also, you can damn well refuse to perform a service for a customer that is out of the ordinary, especially if you can show the court that it would hurt your business earnings potential, hurt or offend a portion of your customer base, but this is all on a secular and monetary basis. You cannot claim "religious freedom" to discriminate when it comes to your business practices because it is illegal, and I believe you will find that is the case in ALL states. They are not as dumb as you.

And none of the reasons you gave were the reason for PA laws in the first place. Again, they were tools to fight systemic government mandated discrimination, and the remnants of such after the laws enforcing them were voided.

If you say this, as I just did, you can expect to be accused of being a bigot and basically a defender of segregation and Jim Crow. This is because the gay rights movement long ago declared itself to be the successor to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 60s—complete with the idea that its opponents are just as evil and deserve to be treated with exactly as little tolerance.

This was always an overblown comparison. The original context for anti-discrimination laws was the need to tear down a comprehensive system of legally enforced exclusion and inferiority. It was not just about white people refusing to bake a cake for a black couple’s wedding. They were required to refuse blacks a whole range of services as a matter of law. Shelby Steele has written about taking family road trips as a kid, and how they couldn’t just pull into a new town and go straight to the nearest restaurant or hotel. Instead, they would drive around until they saw another black person, then ask for directions to the places that would serve people of their color. That’s how all-pervasive the system was.

Look, your ideas are just . . . stupid and retarded. No, the law is not going to "allow" you to discriminate. Stop being stupid.

By finally, I mean you went past your appeal to authority regurgitation, for a second at least.

How about you stop being stupid and ignorant? Oh wait a minute, I forgot where I was for a minute. Lol.

It's sad when you have to have a group of people to hate. Women had to fight against people like you for rights, black people had to fight against people like you for rights, and now gay people have to fight against people like you for rights. Which group are you going to hate on next? I mean, you are running out of groups to focus your hatred and insecurities upon! Uh-oh!

It's sad when you have to have a group of people to hate. Women had to fight against people like you for rights, black people had to fight against people like you for rights, and now gay people have to fight against people like you for rights. Which group are you going to hate on next? I mean, you are running out of groups to focus your hatred and insecurities upon! Uh-oh!

I don't hate anyone. What I despise is people looking for the easy way to solve perceived problems. And here the easy way is to use government to crush people you don't like. You have far more in common with those idiots who passed Jim Crow laws than I do, and the sad thing is you can't see that.

I despise you not for what you are, but who you are, and who you are is a controlling bigoted progressive asshat.

More appeal to authority. and a hotel is different from a contracted service.

The PA argument has become nothing more than trying to establish ThoughtCrime.

these people werent' punished for "thoughtcrime". They were punished for the harm they actually caused, including inciting death threats by posting the names and addresses of the people who complained about them.

Again, you wingnuts will happily send a person back to a country he has no connection to because his parents brought him here as a child, you'll happily send someone to prison for stealing a slice of pizza, but dammit, this law is totally unfair!!!!

I don't hate anyone. What I despise is people looking for the easy way to solve perceived problems. And here the easy way is to use government to crush people you don't like. You have far more in common with those idiots who passed Jim Crow laws than I do, and the sad thing is you can't see that.

I despise you not for what you are, but who you are, and who you are is a controlling bigoted progressive asshat.

ChrisL is not a "progressive". Get into a conversation with her about guns some time.

This is using government for what it was meant for. The Kleins were the ones who escalated this, not the Bowman-Cryers. They were the ones who put the names and addresses of the complainants on social media.

You are a hater. If you don't have a group of people to treat like crap, you aren't happy. I think that much is quite clear. You even go so far as to try to convince others that YOU are the victim. Lol.

More appeal to authority. and a hotel is different from a contracted service.

The PA argument has become nothing more than trying to establish ThoughtCrime.

these people werent' punished for "thoughtcrime". They were punished for the harm they actually caused, including inciting death threats by posting the names and addresses of the people who complained about them.

Again, you wingnuts will happily send a person back to a country he has no connection to because his parents brought him here as a child, you'll happily send someone to prison for stealing a slice of pizza, but dammit, this law is totally unfair!!!!

They didn't cause that harm. If that's the case why is the reporter who mislead on the Memories Pizza story being punished?

And as for your second, if the law is the law, why ignore immigration law?

Oh, yes, I forget, you are completely lacking in any shame with regards to hypocrisy.

You are a hater. If you don't have a group of people to treat like crap, you aren't happy. I think that much is quite clear. You even go so far as to try to convince others that YOU are the victim. Lol.

No, I am not and nothing I have posted leads any rational person to that conclusion. That I refuse to throw out basic rights to solve an issue does not make me a hater.

And the victims here are the bakers, not me.

ChrisL is not a "progressive". Get into a conversation with her about guns some time.

This is using government for what it was meant for. The Kleins were the ones who escalated this, not the Bowman-Cryers. They were the ones who put the names and addresses of the complainants on social media.

If the shoe fits, wear it. Progressives seek to mold others via government diktat, and an actual respect for the 2nd amendment doesn't change that.

No, I am not and nothing I have posted leads any rational person to that conclusion. That I refuse to throw out basic rights to solve an issue does not make me a hater.

Basic rights? I would think that is the right to be treated as an equal human being, not to be discriminated against and to be able to shop t the store of your choosing.

If the shoe fits, wear it. Progressives seek to mold others via government diktat, and an actual respect for the 2nd amendment doesn't change that.

Blah, blah, blah. Your excuses for discriminating against others are piss poor. Why don't you go try to tell the states that they should consider YOUR feelings on this issue? Lol. Now, THAT would be funny. :D

They didn't cause that harm. If that's the case why is the reporter who mislead on the Memories Pizza story being punished?

Oh, yes, I forget, you are completely lacking in any shame with regards to hypocrisy.

first, how did the reporter "mislead"? She asked the bigots a question, and they answered like... bigots.

second, I have no problem enforcing immigration law. the problem is, the Right Wing was the one insisting that employers enforce it, which is like asking foxes to watch the henhouse. Oh, yeah, and making sure that we sign off on as many H1B visas as possible for people to LEGALLY take American jobs.

The Kleins broke the law, they were given numerous oppurtunities to reconcile, and instead escalated the problem.

Basic rights? I would think that is the right to be treated as an equal human being, not to be discriminated against and to be able to shop t the store of your choosing.

The government has to treat everyone equally. When the South went Jim Crow, they used government to discriminate, and were rightly punished for it after 80 or so years too long. But using the tools that were needed to end this for something as minor as this is mis-use of them, and a threat to freedom of thought, and action, and religion.

first, how did the reporter "mislead"? She asked the bigots a question, and they answered like... bigots.

second, I have no problem enforcing immigration law. the problem is, the Right Wing was the one insisting that employers enforce it, which is like asking foxes to watch the henhouse. Oh, yeah, and making sure that we sign off on as many H1B visas as possible for people to LEGALLY take American jobs.

The Kleins broke the law, they were given numerous oppurtunities to reconcile, and instead escalated the problem.

She created a theoretical situation and made it seem like they have actually denied someone service.

and the Kleins didn't mislead anyone, they released information, and as far as I know that isn't a crime, or they would have been prosecuted for that as well. In any event, as claimants, the lesbian couple's names would have been public anyway.

Blah, blah, blah. Your excuses for discriminating against others are piss poor. Why don't you go try to tell the states that they should consider YOUR feelings on this issue? Lol. Now, THAT would be funny. :D

Actually they are well structured and consistent. It's just that you can't see any opinion but your own.

The government has to treat everyone equally. When the South went Jim Crow, they used government to discriminate, and were rightly punished for it after 80 or so years too long. But using the tools that were needed to end this for something as minor as this is mis-use of them, and a threat to freedom of thought, and action, and religion.

Discrimination is never acceptable. The bottom line is, you are not forced to do anything. If you cannot accommodate the public because of your superstitions, then don't go into the business. Simple.

Discrimination is never acceptable. The bottom line is, you are not forced to do anything. If you cannot accommodate the public because of your superstitions, then don't go into the business. Simple.

Yes, they are. Either comply or go out of business. that isn't a choice when backed by government ultimatum.

Actually they are well structured and consistent. It's just that you can't see any opinion but your own.

No, sorry, they are laughable. :lol: The states adopt these laws for a reason, and it isn't to "harm" you. It is to protect others, like blacks, women, and homosexuals from being victims of discrimination. Your religious freedom rights end when you violate another's civil rights. Thems the facts. You WILL be sued if you violate anti-discrimination laws.

Yes, they are. Either comply or go out of business. that isn't a choice when backed by government ultimatum.

exactly. The states retain the right to regulate business practice.

No, sorry, they are laughable. :lol: The states adopt these laws for a reason, and it isn't to "harm" you. It is to protect others, like blacks, women, and homosexuals from being victims of discrimination. Your religious freedom rights end when you violate another's civil rights. Thems the facts. You WILL be sued if you violate anti-discrimination laws.

These laws were to protect from systemic discrimination, not people of morals wanting not to participate in a wedding. You have stretched the term PA to cover everything, when it was never meant to cover everything.

Forum List

Back