Former GOP Snowe says this is not the GOP she knew

Today's GOP is not the GOP that anybody over 50 years old remembers, that's for danged sure.

I remermber when the GOP was a nationalist organization that CARED about the USA.

the DNC and RNC both gave up nationalism in favor of internationalism lead by corporations decades ago.

They just sort of fail to mention that fact every time they open their lying mouths.

The GOP may be on its last leg. The TP is taking it down.

It's not going down. Shooting itself in the foot, maybe. But as long as we have the Democratic Party, and its penchant for finding innovative ways of snatching defeat from sure fire victory, the GOP will be around.

It's not going down. Shooting itself in the foot, maybe. But as long as we have the Democratic Party, and its penchant for finding innovative ways of snatching defeat from sure fire victory, the GOP will be around.

What is this snatching of defeat you speak of?

Not the same old party? Good I am a long time Republican and I hate the way my party had become. I hate the dems more but the RINO'S didn't represent me any longer. May the TEA PARTY hang tough and be strong because they are the future of this party. More power to them.

It's because you have a bunch of tea party faggots in the GOP.

I'm just going to add my voice to those that will tell the OP that Snowe was never, ever a Conservative Republican.

She was always as liberal as nearly any Democrat.

:lol: Snowe :lol:

Is anyone taking this thread seriously?

There isn't a Republican outside of Maine that didn't celebrate her "retirement".

LOL....McCain, Boehner, Graham, Snowe...take em...we never wanted em.
And this is why the republican party will continue to fade away and become irrevalent. People who are wise and intelligent are smart enough to listen to what is being said about them. When one or two people speak against the party they can be dismissed. When several people who have held positions within the party speak against it one should listen. Keep throwing people out of your party in your idiotic quest for PARTY PURITY. Every one you throw out means one less republican vote and one more Democratic vote.

What does the Liberal go-to guy on Republican thought, Jake Starkey, have to say about this?

What is this snatching of defeat you speak of?

In case you hadnt noticed, the Democratic Party in general and Obama in particular no longer have much credibility.
From claiming that the sequester would cost 150 Million jobs, to claiming it would endanger the economy, to claiming that IRS agents in Cincinnatti were responsible for the scandal, to claiming he never said he made a red line on Syria, to claiming the shutdown would cause catastrophe the Democrats have lost all credibility. They are down there with Baghdad Bob in terms of how much anyone believes them. And that is starting to include the press.

Olympia Snowe is a republican? I thought she was always a democrat.

That's because real Republicans have been drowned out by the yahoos. You just forgot what they looked like.

It's understandable with all the Koch money providing the megaphone. Can't hear yourself think any more.

Olympia Snowe is a republican? I thought she was always a democrat.

That's because real Republicans have been drowned out by the yahoos. You just forgot what they looked like.

It's understandable with all the Koch money providing the megaphone. Can't hear yourself think any more.

Real Republicans like Nelson Rockefeller, Richard Nixon, George W Bush?

:lol: Snowe :lol:

Is anyone taking this thread seriously?

There isn't a Republican outside of Maine that didn't celebrate her "retirement".

Unfortunately for the party-lockstep crowd here, the job of Olympia Snowe, like any Senator or Congresscritter, is not to represent the interests of a political party; it's to represent the interests of her constituents in Maine.

Constituents. Remember them?

Forum List

Back