🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fort Worth Mayor Apologizes For Police Shooting; Officer Resigns

Fort Worth Officer Resigns After Fatal Shooting of Black Woman

"A Fort Worth, Texas, police officer who fatally shot an African-American woman in her own home resigned Monday, the same day her family called for the officer to be arrested and prosecuted."

The Mayor of Fort Worth (Betsy Price) went on to issue an apology to the family of the victim where she states "nothing can justify this shooting" --- should she be voted out of office for failing to back the police at all costs??

Does this prove that Betsy Price hates white people because she didn't stand up for this officer who shot this black thug to defend his own life?? Or are the actions of this guy so obviously wrong that even a republican mayor of Fort Worth can't even pretend otherwise??

This cop made the same mistake the other cop who killed a man in his own home made.

Neither of them stopped to use their voices. The first thing both did was pull their weapon and fire.

If this cop had gone to the door and used his voice, he would have found the owner of the house, learned nothing was wrong and left.

The woman would still be alive today and that cop would still have his job.

Why was the officer's service weapon drawn in a non-emergency welfare check with NO reported crime?

It was a bad shoot. This officer will NOT be able to justify his use of DPF.

Its been reported that the woman had a hand gun in her home. That may change the calculus of the charges.

No it won't. The police have said that any weapon in the house is irrelevant to what happened.

The are not going to defend and get behind this officer because there is no defending what he did.

Its been reported that the woman had a hand gun in her home. That may change the calculus of the charges.

No it won't. The police have said that any weapon in the house is irrelevant to what happened.

The are not going to defend and get behind this officer because there is no defending what he did.

In terms of his defense, if she had a handgun even remotely pointed at him, self defense is going to be easier to argue.

In terms of his defense, if she had a handgun even remotely pointed at him, self defense is going to be easier to argue.

She didn't.

She didn't.

Its being reported that she did. I'm not saying that claim is accurate or inaccurate. I'm saying that if its true, it will change the calculus of the charges. And the defense the officer can rationally argue.

"A Fort Worth, Texas, police officer who fatally shot an African-American woman in her own home resigned Monday, the same day her family called for the officer to be arrested and prosecuted."

The Mayor of Fort Worth (Betsy Price) went on to issue an apology to the family of the victim where she states "nothing can justify this shooting" --- should she be voted out of office for failing to back the police at all costs??

Does this prove that Betsy Price hates white people because she didn't stand up for this officer who shot this black thug to defend his own life?? Or are the actions of this guy so obviously wrong that even a republican mayor of Fort Worth can't even pretend otherwise??

Apologies are in order because it was an accidental shooting.

Shit happens, I don't think the police officer went out there with the idea of shooting an innocent.

But a lot of these police officers are really on edge in 2019. They are under siege just like Constantinople was in 1453. The only diff is that the Byzantines were encircled by Islamonazis- BLM, occupoopers and coffee partiers are the new vandals at the gate. Surrounded on all sides by their enemies, but with itchy fingers and loaded firearms.

I'm surprised there aren't more shootings.

What I think that President Trump should do is to provide special tax incentives for bullet proof class for police cars and donut shop windows. Let's do what we can to help save the cops.

If she had a hand gun then the officer may have been right to defend himself. can't belief how stupid people are to pick up a gun and point it at a cop. jeezzz.

If she had a hand gun then the officer may have been right to defend himself. can't belief how stupid people are to pick up a gun and point it at a cop. jeezzz.

Several problems with that narrative.

First, the officer never announced himself or identified himself as a police officer. Or so much as knocked on the front door to announce his presence.

Second, he was moving round in this woman's back yard.

Third, she was in her own home.

And fourth, it was a non-emergency welfare check with no crime reported. So an officer walking around with his gun drawn was stupid to begin with.

And fifth, the officer gave her no time to respond to his order.

He's likely going to be convicted of criminal homicide of some sort in Texas. Her having a gun in her own home may mitigate what kind of criminal homicide.

Shit happens, I don't think the police officer went out there with the idea of shooting an innocent.

Irrelevant in Texas law. Accidental shootings are say, cleaning a gun and the gun going off. Not pointing a gun at a person and intentionally shooting them.

The video makes it ludicrously clear that the shooting was intentional. The officer had drawn his service weapon, aimed it at the target and fired.

Nor does Texas require malice for it to be murder.

Irrelevant in Texas law. Accidental shootings are say, cleaning a gun and the gun going off. Not pointing a gun at a person and intentionally shooting them.

The video makes it ludicrously clear that the shooting was intentional. The officer had drawn his service weapon, aimed it at the target and fired.

Nor does Texas require malice for it to be murder.

I'm not a Texas lawyer, I wouldn't know all that. But the mayor of Ft. Worth was just apologizing, and that's all that she can do. After, she is in no way responsible for this shooting, regardlessly, as she isn't the one who did the shooting.

First, the officer never announced himself or identified himself as a police officer. Or so much as knocked on the front door to announce his presence.

And fourth, it was a non-emergency welfare check with no crime reported. So an officer walking around with his gun drawn was stupid to begin with.

He's likely going to be convicted of criminal homicide of some sort in Texas. Her having a gun in her own home may mitigate what kind of criminal homicide.

Point 1 and point 5 are very good reasons why this police officer will end up in jail. I mean, for real people, if you are in your own home, and you see people skulking around in your yard at 2 in the morning with a flashlight, who doesn't identify themselves, what are you going to do if you have a gun in the house? I'm guessing you're gonna get your gun and carry it with you for protection until you know who is in your back yard.

Then, there is the body cam footage showing the officer firing his weapon just as he gives the last word of his command for her to put her hands up. She wasn't given enough time to comply before he shot her.

I hope this guy gets at least as much time as Guyger got.

Point 1 and point 5 are very good reasons why this police officer will end up in jail. I mean, for real people, if you are in your own home, and you see people skulking around in your yard at 2 in the morning with a flashlight, who doesn't identify themselves, what are you going to do if you have a gun in the house? I'm guessing you're gonna get your gun and carry it with you for protection until you know who is in your back yard.

Then, there is the body cam footage showing the officer firing his weapon just as he gives the last word of his command for her to put her hands up. She wasn't given enough time to comply before he shot her.

A lot of these police officers nowadays are really paranoid, with itchy trigger fingers. Not saying this as an excuse, but looking instead on how to prevent future situations.

I think that America can make our police officers feel more secure and even be more secure. If the FWPD sent in a lot larger contingents into these late night calls, which were a lot better armed, it could help relieve their high anxiety.

A lot of these police officers nowadays are really paranoid, with itchy trigger fingers. Not saying this as an excuse, but looking instead on how to prevent future situations.

I think that America can make our police officers feel more secure and even be more secure. If the FWPD sent in a lot larger contingents into these late night calls, which were a lot better armed, it could help relieve their high anxiety.

Paranoid with an itchy trigger finger makes for a shitty police officer. When I was in the Security Force while stationed at Newport, the Gunny taught us to fire 1-3 shots, stop, assess the situation, and fire more if it was required, but don't fire any more than absolutely necessary. And, we were also taught that when we gave someone a command, we had to allow them sufficient time to comply with the order given. If anyone on the Security Force had done something like this, the Gunny would have had them court martialed and kicked out of the service. The body cam is especially damning.

WTF does that have to do with a cop killing an innocent woman in Ft Worth?
Liberals only care because the cop was white and the dead woman is black

Right wingers think the cop is innocent, because should be able to murder black folks.
Thats a racist, emotional and bitter misrepresentation of whites
Maybe you should address the guy on this post right now who is currently proving that "misrepresentation" in real time.....

Maybe you should address the guy on this post right now who is currently proving that "misrepresentation" in real time.....

Your meaning is not clear to me. I was addressing the angry black guy who is screaming MURDER as loud as he can

You shoot an INNOCENT WOMAN through a window, what the fuck else do you call it?

This cop made the same mistake the other cop who killed a man in his own home made.

Neither of them stopped to use their voices. The first thing both did was pull their weapon and fire.

If this cop had gone to the door and used his voice, he would have found the owner of the house, learned nothing was wrong and left.

Yup....if this had happened....if that had happened....if the woman hadn't left her door open and hid in the house cuz the FIVE OH was there and probably looking for her stash.

He should have received the death penalty.
Why would any white person want to be a cop in black neighborhoods?

Ask some of your racist cop buddies.

Racist blacks want to kill them or send them to prison

You come straight out of a comic book.
I am in touch with reality

You are not
Oh you're touched all right.
I am not the one with delusional belief of white cops who shoot black people just for the fun of it

So why do they shoot so easily?

Liberals only care because the cop was white and the dead woman is black

Right wingers think the cop is innocent, because should be able to murder black folks.
Thats a racist, emotional and bitter misrepresentation of whites

Your meaning is not clear to me. I was addressing the angry black guy who is screaming MURDER as loud as he can

You shoot an INNOCENT WOMAN through a window, what the fuck else do you call it?

Depending on the particular law in the particular jurisdiction, it could be seen as an accidental shooting.

Like I was pointing out, the man seems to have been very paranoid with a really itchy trigger finger. The least little thing could have triggered him

Yup....if this had happened....if that had happened....if the woman hadn't left her door open and hid in the house cuz the FIVE OH was there and probably looking for her stash.

It's amazing how Trump Humpers don't even hide their racism, I can respect that. Stay out in the open.

You know, there are several things here...........

First off, the police weren't called in for an emergency or criminal call, they were called on a non emergency number for a routine welfare check.

Second, if you saw the video footage on television from the cop's body cam, you would have seen that he fired his weapon before he finished telling her to show him her hands. Matter of fact, he fired his weapon just before he said the final word.

The woman was in her own house, and the doors were open, which is why a neighbor called in a welfare check. Since the lights were on in the house, and the door was open, why in the hell didn't they go in through the front door where they could actually see what was going on? And, considering the fact that there was an 8 year old boy in the house that the woman was watching, it's lucky he didn't get shot as well.

Personally? I think the cop was wrong to fire as soon as they did, and there might need to be a trial to see if he is guilty of manslaughter or murder.
Who fucking cares.
I consider this another BS bring in the black vote situation like Michael Brown or Obama's son Trayvon.

You would care if this was your fucking sister or mother.

Forum List

Back