Four ways Christians are getting the gay debate wrong

poet

Rookie
Jun 2, 2011
Texas
Crumbs from the Communion Table ? Four ways Christians are getting the gay debate wrong.
"......Let me be clear: I think everyone has a right to their moral views, even when they disagree with mine. We Americans can disagree on the morality of gay sex just as we can disagree on the morality of eating meat or drinking alcohol. We Christians have disagreed for centuries on theological questions from the makeup of the Scriptures to infant baptism to transubstantiation. But this isn’t just about a moral disagreement; it’s about how we treat one another and how we talk about one another. If we Christians can’t show more love and willingness to listen, it won’t change one person from gay to straight, but it will turn a lot of people against Christianity...."

Hush, truth.

• Banned
I don't think Christians have a problem with anyone being a homosexual, just with someone engaging in homosexual acts. Your link talks about the basketball player who came out... if he had said I'm gay but don't have sex he probably would be a hero amongst many Christians.

BS. Most "fake" Christians, see it as one and the same. And BS. Which "Christians" would those be?

I don't think Christians have a problem with anyone being a homosexual, just with someone engaging in homosexual acts. Your link talks about the basketball player who came out... if he had said I'm gay but don't have sex he probably would be a hero amongst many Christians.

BS. Most "fake" Christians, see it as one and the same. And BS. Which "Christians" would those be?

What do you mean by "fake" Christians? Why don't you start a poll asking "what is the sin? Being a homosexual or having homosexual intercourse?" And see what people say

• Banned

What do you mean by "fake" Christians? Why don't you start a poll asking "what is the sin? Being a homosexual or having homosexual intercourse?" And see what people say

Why would I do that? I don't really care, one way or another. Faith, personal beliefs, and morality are not up for discussion. My life isn't predicate on what others think is moral or right. I decide that for me. Hopefully, you decide that for you, and others for themselves. All we can go on is what people say or do. Christ was all about tolerance and love...you won't find any of that up in here. So, safe to say, true Christians are painfully absent in political debate forums. Christ and God Almighty, I'm almost sure, don't subscribe to "man-made" ideologies.

I am going to take his points one at a time.

1. I always assume people are having sex unless they give me some type of indication that they are not. Sex is natural, even if you are outside the norm. Abstinence is more abnormal than abnormal sex.
  2. I never define anyone by how they have sex, I leave that for people that think that people who have sex outside society's norms deserve special protection.
  3. Like the way everyone is treating what's his face because he came out in a national magazine?
  4. Why should I assume anything else? There is absolutely zero evidence that it is not a choice.

Last edited:

That would be most Christians.

• Banned

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Which means you haven't a clue. I'll wait until you get around asking "most Christians", before I accept your position as valid. Too funny.

Absolutely. I have a friend who tells me he doesn't believe he was born that way, it is his choice of what attracts him - which is men. But he isn't in any relationship and hasn't been for years. It is a temptation - an attraction for him - well temptation isn't a sin! If it were a sin then Jesus wouldn't be sinless because the scriptures clearly state Jesus was tempted and sinned not.

My friend can be in heaven just as quickly as any world famous preacher could be. It isn't a sin to be tempted. Of course, we should never be doing what Westboro cult has been said to be doing. I don't even consider that a church. I've never seen anything like what they have been reported doing.

Yikes. I am on your ignore list! Smack in the center! LOL! Gosh! I am just now seeing that Poet. Ha!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Which means you haven't a clue. I'll wait until you get around asking "most Christians", before I accept your position as valid. Too funny.

I don't have to ask.

Oh, yes...you do. You don't know the mindset of every "so-called" Christian. You only think you do. The only person you can speak for, with authority, is yourself. Hello?

So you do know the mindset of every "so-called" Christian?

I don't have to ask.

Oh, yes...you do. You don't know the mindset of every "so-called" Christian. You only think you do. The only person you can speak for, with authority, is yourself. Hello?

We aren't talking about co called anything, we are talking about Christians. I do not need to ask to know where they stand.

Crumbs from the Communion Table ? Four ways Christians are getting the gay debate wrong.
"......Let me be clear: I think everyone has a right to their moral views, even when they disagree with mine. We Americans can disagree on the morality of gay sex just as we can disagree on the morality of eating meat or drinking alcohol. We Christians have disagreed for centuries on theological questions from the makeup of the Scriptures to infant baptism to transubstantiation. But this isn’t just about a moral disagreement; it’s about how we treat one another and how we talk about one another. If we Christians can’t show more love and willingness to listen, it won’t change one person from gay to straight, but it will turn a lot of people against Christianity...."

Hush, truth.

Acceptance is the defining point...

You accept who you choose to accept, accepting someone who is GLBT does not mean you accept their transgressions...

There is bound to be someone who accepts you Poet, that alone is a beginning for the GLBT community...

Hush, truth.

Acceptance is the defining point...

You accept who you choose to accept, accepting someone who is GLBT does not mean you accept their transgressions...
What the Hell is that supposed to mean?

There is bound to be someone who accepts you Poet, that alone is a beginning for the GLBT community...

".....forgive me my trespasses as I forgive those who trespass against me....". I believe you're confused about the word "accepting".

Last edited:

Where is all the "gay" love..? All we hear is "BS":eusa_hand:

I'm a real Christian and that is how I feel! To me a person is not a homosexual unless he or she is engaging in sex with someone of the same gender. I'm not going to make fun of a person who acts as what some label "fruity." And actually, this is all stereotyping, because some of the most "macho" men are actually "fruits" themselves. A fornicator is not a fornicator until he fornicates. Now Jesus does say that even if one thinks it one has done it (Jimmy Carter once mentioned this); however, Jesus was pointing out that just because people do not do certain things doesn't make them better. At the same time though, Jesus isn't saying that one might as well just give up an go do this or that. Jesus is saying we all need the SAVIOR. And God will forgive all our transgressions. We need to strive to set righteous examples. America is best when it is promoting the IDEAL. America becomes a byword when as we become selfish.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back