Fox News Says Sharia Law Is Taking Over Because Of A Muslim Women's Swim Class

Thats the thing it won't be soon, it will take time.

Disagree. You have no logical reason to assume that the YMCA will become overrun by conservative Muslims (ever - in 1 year or 100 years) due to the fact that one single location out of 2,600 (0.03% of locations) is setting aside a single hour out of the ENTIRE WEEK of pool time to a women's only swim class that is open to any women - Jewish, Christian, black, Chinese, etc - who would like to join.

The claim has zero validity.

Who would have though we'd have Muslim only swimming time though?

Orthodox Jews in New York have pools where there are separate gender swim times.

They have buses where the sexes are segregated.

There are Beth Din courts.

Where is FOXNews' outrage?

Why aren't they making claims of da' Jews creepin' up on us?

Seriously, who in their right mind really cares if a YMCA sets aside an hour a week for a woman only swim time?

SMH

"If non-Muslims were to wear similar clothing, it would be considered unhygienic, and they would not be allowed in the pool. But the magic of Islam can perform many wonders, and one of them seems to be to reverse bad hygiene. Say the shahada, and presto! The bacteria flee from the scene."

It seems to me there is also a health issue...among all the other issues.

She was referring to the 'Creeping Sharia' theory. Many believe it is happening in most Western Nations. It may not be as far-fetched as many think. Ideas and policies can take time to be fully implemented. They have to have a beginning. They usually start out small and advance in small increments. But i'm not sure this is happening here. It is a theory being debated though. But it's obviously above the heads of the MSNBC nutter viewers who enjoy defecating on those who hold different political views. Not exactly brainiacs. :)

Last edited:
Yes, all members should have access (not complete) to portions of gym and pool areas. As I said, at times when I would swim, I recall one or two lanes had private lessons, or they had a seniors class, or pool conditioning for handicapped individuals.

"All members should have access to portions of gym and pool areas".

Was it specifically written into the contract that members agree to when they pay that they "will always have some access to the pool"?

Is this a legal obligation the YMCA must adhere to?

First, they came for the Wedenday 11:30 - 12:30 block at a YMCA pool and I said nothing.

lol y'all are clowns

Last edited:
The YMCA is not a public institution. It is a private 'establishment.' Not part of the government, not supported by tax dollars. Private. The YMCA is a private, non-profit, international Christian organization. It is not a 'public' organization and not owned or controlled by the US government.

I despise segregation and things like this women's only hour. This policy by the Y sucks and I think if I were a member of that particular Y I would demand my annual fees be returned to me.

If this were a men's group asking for just one hour I suspect there would be hell to pay from women's organizations.

However, the Y has the right to do what they want with their property. If they choose to discriminate during this hour, or all hours for that matter they are welcome to do so.

Immie
I don't have a problem with women's hour, as long as they allow other non members limited access to the pool as well. However, if this "women's hour" is religious based, and I start seeing a bunch of Muslim women flapping around the pool in their clothes, I will be very disappointed, and try to avoid those hours that these activity is going on. If they closed the pool entirely, I would ask to speak to the manager or whoever is in charge to complain about this bullshit.

I despise these kind of things. I don't care if it is women's hour, men's hour or what have you. It is discrimination against everyone else. Maybe, I purchased my membership so that I could swim three days a week and the only time I have available are MWF at the hour that is reserved for women. Now, the value of my membership has been cut by a third, but they still expect me to pay my dues.

These kind of things don't take other people's needs/wants into consideration. It is pure unadulterated arrogance of this group to believe that they have the right to interfere with the rights of others who pay for and want to use the pool at that particular time.

Immie

I despise segregation and things like this women's only hour. This policy by the Y sucks and I think if I were a member of that particular Y I would demand my annual fees be returned to me.

If this were a men's group asking for just one hour I suspect there would be hell to pay from women's organizations.

However, the Y has the right to do what they want with their property. If they choose to discriminate during this hour, or all hours for that matter they are welcome to do so.

Immie
I don't have a problem with women's hour, as long as they allow other non members limited access to the pool as well. However, if this "women's hour" is religious based, and I start seeing a bunch of Muslim women flapping around the pool in their clothes, I will be very disappointed, and try to avoid those hours that these activity is going on. If they closed the pool entirely, I would ask to speak to the manager or whoever is in charge to complain about this bullshit.

I despise these kind of things. I don't care if it is women's hour, men's hour or what have you. It is discrimination against everyone else. Maybe, I purchased my membership so that I could swim three days a week and the only time I have available are MWF at the hour that is reserved for women. Now, the value of my membership has been cut by a third, but they still expect me to pay my dues.

These kind of things don't take other people's needs/wants into consideration. It is pure unadulterated arrogance of this group to believe that they have the right to interfere with the rights of others who pay for and want to use the pool at that particular time.

Immie

:lmao:

Get that make up off your face, clown.

Disagree. You have no logical reason to assume that the YMCA will become overrun by conservative Muslims (ever - in 1 year or 100 years) due to the fact that one single location out of 2,600 (0.03% of locations) is setting aside a single hour out of the ENTIRE WEEK of pool time to a women's only swim class that is open to any women - Jewish, Christian, black, Chinese, etc - who would like to join.

Orthodox Jews in New York have pools where there are separate gender swim times.

They have buses where the sexes are segregated.

There are Beth Din courts.

Where is FOXNews' outrage?

Why aren't they making claims of da' Jews creepin' up on us?

Seriously, who in their right mind really cares if a YMCA sets aside an hour a week for a woman only swim time?

SMH

Separate sex buses? where?:confused:

Thats the thing it won't be soon, it will take time.

Well. Except. We don't.:eusa_eh:

Yes, all members should have access (not complete) to portions of gym and pool areas. As I said, at times when I would swim, I recall one or two lanes had private lessons, or they had a seniors class, or pool conditioning for handicapped individuals.

"All members should have access to portions of gym and pool areas".

Was it specifically written into the contract that members agree to when they pay that they "will always have some access to the pool"?

Is this a legal obligation the YMCA must adhere to?

Maybe you'll eventually get an answer instead of a dodge :)

WHAT POLICY line are you speaking of exactly, lol???
Easy use and access to their facilities at business hours for which they are getting membership dues for. You want to see it in writing? Wow you are dumber than I thought.

Yes, I do want to see that in writing. And since you're making the claim I'd need to see specifically what the contract at St. Paul's YMCA says. They're all going to be different.

Finally, one hour a week for a women's only swim class doesn't violate "easy use and access to their facilities" at business hours any more than a "senior's swim" would.
Kevin, ever signed up to be members at a gym which requires monthly dues? Sure doesn't sound like you have.

I happen to be members at Equinox, which charges me $250 a month for nationwide membership. I know if I showed up at ANY HOUR I pleased and which was convenient to me, and some asshole said to me, "Duh...sorry sir...pool is closed to males" I would be walking straight to the managers desk from there.

There. Does it say, we will be closing the pool to certain groups at certain hours? Absolutely not. In fact, they advertise YEAR ROUND access to pool to all members.

Thanks for proving my point! Wow....

You ought to actually READ it Roudy. :eusa_eh:

Nowhere does it state that a member has open access to the pool at ALL times.

Member Services

21 YMCA Locations
Open 7 days a week
No annual contracts
30-day money back guarantee
Access to Ys across the U.S.

Fitness

Nationally-certified fitness and wellness experts on staff
State-of-the-art fitness centers
Pools, gyms and running tracks. Check amenities
Free fitness consultations

Adults

Free Group exercise classes like Turbo Kick, Zumba and Hip Hop Hustle
Special Rates on adult swim lessons
Free guest passes
Free drop-off Child Care while you work out
Free family programs and events

Kids & Teens

Free fitness equipment orientations for kids and teens ages 12+
Free Group Exercise classes for ages 10+
Special rates on kids swim lessons
Open swim time
Kids Sports
Birthday Party Packages

That girl needs to be defecated on. Who she think she is? Someone should call MSNBC and Martin Bashir. Hurry, he's crowning.

Last edited:
WHAT POLICY line are you speaking of exactly, lol???
Easy use and access to their facilities at business hours for which they are getting membership dues for. You want to see it in writing? Wow you are dumber than I thought.

Yes, I do want to see that in writing. And since you're making the claim I'd need to see specifically what the contract at St. Paul's YMCA says. They're all going to be different.

Finally, one hour a week for a women's only swim class doesn't violate "easy use and access to their facilities" at business hours any more than a "senior's swim" would.
Yes, it does buddy, yes it does. The pool cannot be entirely closed off to ANYBODY. Many people, such as myself, come there just for the pool, as swimming is an all encompassing aerobic and anaerobic workout, and they hit the showers from there. They HAVE TO have a few lanes open to those who wish to use the pool, PERIOD.

But no answer.

So having arthitis is the same as being a Muslim?:confused:

or being a woman?

It's a woman's swim hour - any women. :dunno:

So, we get rid of senior swim, kid swim, handicapped swim - shoot, they all exclude people.
More signs of reading comprehension problems again. There are all kinds of classes that occur at the pool. But at no time is the pool entirely closed to regular members who wish to swim.

No men in the gym area is fine too if the company decides that's what they want to do. Heck, they could make an "aliens only" gym for extraterrestrial life only if they wanted to. However...

My point is, there is absolutely not a shred of evidence - anywhere - suggesting the YMCA in St. Paul (or any of the other 2,600 locations) is planning to install a "women's only workout hours" to cater to the Muslim community.

Zero evidence. I'm just telling you to quit exaggerating and making things up.
No men in the gym is fine too? Ha ha ha. I rest my case.

No more questions, your honor.

Roudy, private companies have a right to arrange things as they desire, within the law - they are privately owned, not publicaly owned. If you, as a member, object to one hour a week women's only swim, then you can withdraw your support as a customer.

That's kind of how private enterprise works.
Bingo! And that's exactly what happened in this case. People complained about this, and that's why the story became nationwide. I suppose the corporate office is deciding what actions if any to take, considering that whatever their decision, it will also have nationwide implications regarding this matter.

And why not the weight and machine area as well. Give these Muslim women their space! It's the Y's business how they run it. During those hours the men can just show up for showers and the basketball courts, if any.

Why not just a separate section for men and one for women? men are dirty trolling perverts and shouldn't be trusted.

So...what are you saying here...co-ed locker rooms?
Considering the kind of women that usually attend the Y? YUK! Ha ha ha.

Why not a day? its just a day. Why not a week? its just a week.
And why not the weight and machine area as well. Give these Muslim women their space! It's the Y's business how they run it. During those hours the men can just show up for showers and the basketball courts, if any.

Why not just a separate section for men and one for women? men are dirty trolling perverts and shouldn't be trusted.
I confess! I check out hot women in tight yoga outfits while at the gym! Ha ha .

Forum List

Back