30-day money back guarantee
Access to Ys across the U.S.

Fitness
Nationally-certified fitness and wellness experts on staff
State-of-the-art fitness centers
Pools, gyms and running tracks. Check amenities
Free fitness consultations
No

How do these classes violate the terms of membership?

Fraud? False advertising?

Membership Benefits | YMCA Twin Cities

Member Services
21 YMCA Locations
Open 7 days a week
No annual contracts

Fitness
No

They don't. That's what they are offering to people on their website, nincompoop

"Ages 15+ can attend ALL FITNESS LEVELS." in other words: No restrictions.

I'd say their goose is cooked.

Fraud? False advertising?

Membership Benefits | YMCA Twin Cities

Member Services
21 YMCA Locations
Open 7 days a week
No annual contracts

Fitness
No

They don't. That's what they are offering to people on their website, nincompoop

Can attend where, when?

Where does it say that? That isn't at the link.

No

Can attend where, when?

Twin citiies area includes 21 YMCA's, which includes St. Paul the Y in question.

By banning men from having ACCESS to all fitness levels, which includes the pool, 7 days a week during business hours, it is not what they clearly represented and advertised for on their website.

Mr. Nazi lawyer. Ha ha ha.

Last edited:
Top left hand corner:

Water Exercise | YMCA Twin Cities

FREE FOR MEMBERS
Drop-in Classes
No registration required
All fitness levels
Ages 10-14 may attend with parent/guardian.
Ages 15+ may attend unaccompanied. All fitness levels.

Can attend where, when?

Twin citiies area includes 21 YMCA's, which includes St. Paul the Y in question.

By banning men from having ACCESS to all fitness levels, which includes the pool, 7 days a week during business hours, it is not what they clearly represented and advertised for on their website.

It doesn't all members can have access to the pool at all times.

All YMCA pools, and all other private and public swimming pool, have specific hours for different kinds of classes. At those times, other swimmers are prohibited. It is a common as can be. You are just having hissy fit after hissy fit because this particular YMCA is devoting one hour, one hour, per week for a group of Muslim women to have a swimming class. It is ALL ABOUT YOUR BIGOTRY and nothing else. This YMCA and all other YMCAs have had special times put in their schedules for special classes from which men or women or others are prohibited from using the pool.

Own up to what you are really all about and stop trying to convince people your position is about contracts or advertising or anything else but bigotry and hatred toward Muslims. You aren’t fooling' anyone. And you will never convince anyone to accept your argumentative position, because it is built on a foundation of fake righteousness and lies.

I've got a whole lot of bad words I'd like to hurl at you, but you are not even worth that.

BTW Iceman, this
Isn't true. Not true at all. The 'Y' and other public and private pools have a variety of classes from which people who have not enrolled in that class are prohibited. As well, they have classes specifically for certain reasons, and not everyone is eligible to enroll in them.

Last edited:
Can attend where, when?

Of course it does. Cumulatively and individually the information clearly says they are open 7 days a week. Access to all fitness levels, regardless of your gender.

Slam dunk.

Of course it does. Cumulatively and individually the information clearly says they are open 7 days a week. Access to all fitness levels, regardless of your gender.

Slam dunk.
Where does it say all members can have access to all facilities at all times?

It is clear they are open seven days a week, and that men and women have access to facilities. But you have yet to show the YMCA policy that all members have access to all facilities at all times.

All YMCA pools, and all other public swimming pool, have specific hours for different kinds of classes. At those times, other swimmers are prohibited. It is a common as can be. You are just having hissy fit after hissy fit because this particular YMCA is devoting one hour, one hour, per week for a group of Muslim women to have a swimming class. It is ALL ABOUT YOUR BIGOTRY and nothing else. This YMCA and all other YMCAs have had special times put in their schedules for special classes from which men or women or others are prohibited from using the pool.

Own up to what you are really all about and stop trying to convince people your position is about contracts or advertising or anything else but bigotry and hatred toward Muslims. You aren’t fooling' anyone. And you will never convince anyone to accept your argumentative position, because it is built on a foundation of fake righteousness and lies.

I've got a whole lot of bad words I'd like to hurl at you, but you are not even worth that.
Pay attention Esmeralda. It is not about the one hour, it is about taking something away from a group of members, the men, that they clearly paid for. So they are defrauding their customers just to appease Muslims.

You have no problem with stepping over people just to appease Shariah law requirements? Fine.

I'm not okay with it.

How about you own up to what you are?

Last edited:

Slam dunk.
Where does it say all members can have access to all facilities at all times?

It is clear they are open seven days a week, and that men and women have access to facilities. But you have yet to show the YMCA policy that all members have access to all facilities at all times.
Here they clearly list a group that is not allowed to attend, anybody under 15 without a parent or guardian supervising them.

"Ages 15+ can attend ALL FITNESS LEVELS"

In other words...If there were times when men couldn't enter, they'd mention it...especially considering majority of Y members are men.

You'd expect any gender or other restrictions to possibly be here. But no.

Pool Guidelines and Swim Tests | YMCA Twin Cities

They have male and female locker rooms, unless you have children, where you use a family room if you have children of the opposite sex.
Yes. So no gender restrictions for pool usage or specific possible hours that pool could be restricted to a group or gender.

I'd like to enter a digital copy of this webpage, date stamped, as court evidence your honor.

Last edited:
All YMCA pools, and all other public swimming pool, have specific hours for different kinds of classes. At those times, other swimmers are prohibited. It is a common as can be. You are just having hissy fit after hissy fit because this particular YMCA is devoting one hour, one hour, per week for a group of Muslim women to have a swimming class. It is ALL ABOUT YOUR BIGOTRY and nothing else. This YMCA and all other YMCAs have had special times put in their schedules for special classes from which men or women or others are prohibited from using the pool.

Pay attention Esmeralda. It is not about the one hour, it is about taking something away from a group of members, the men, that they clearly paid for. So they are defrauding their customers just to appease Muslims.

You have no problem with stepping over people just to appease Shariah law requirements? Fine.

I'm not okay with it.

Read the fucking post you idiot. They men at any YMCA, like anyone else, is prohibited from using the pool when certain classes are going on. YOU are just pissed off because this particular class is for Muslims. Any other class and you'd have no problem.

I'm not okay with it.

Read the fucking post you idiot. They men at any YMCA, like anyone else, is prohibited from using the pool when certain classes are going on. YOU are just pissed off because this particular class is for Muslims. Any other class and you'd have no problem.
I just did. No classes offered to women only. And nowhere does it say no access to men or other regular members during classes. Classes means they take away some of the lanes. Not ban men from A- taking those classes, B- entirely from the pool area.

Do you think the pool is open to everyone when there are water aerobics classes for the eldery or handicapped? Do you think the pool is open to everyone when there are mother and baby swim classes? So you think the pool is open to everyone when the swim team is practicing? ~Etc. and so on. The pool is not open ALL HOURS to everyone who is a 'Y' member. There are specfic times during each week that the pool is reserved for special classes or events. This is true and has always been true. So your biggest premise, that men are being denied something they paid for, is absolutely false. You are just being a bigot, pure and simple. Your righteous indignation is total BS. Again, you fool no one. You are completely transparent.

Last edited:

I'm not okay with it.

Any other class that takes away total access to the pool to the regular members, or does not allow men to attend, and they'd also be in violation, which means I'd have a problem with it. I'd be just as upset if this was done for orthodox Jewish women. The Y is simply not the place for this kind of bullshit. Take it somewhere else.

Besides, all that these kinds of requests do is generate hatred and animosity towards a certain group.

I'm sure you're all for that, right?

Do you think the pool is open to everyone when there are water aerobics classes for the eldery or handicapped? Do you think the pool is open to everyone when there are mother and baby swim classes? So you think the pool is open to everyone when the swim team is practicing? ~Etc. and so on. The pool is not open ALL HOURS to everyone who is a 'Y' member. There are specfic times during each week that the pool is reserved for special classes or events. This is true and has always been true. So your biggest premise, that men are being denied something they paid for, is absolutely false. You are just being a bigot, pure and simple. Your righteous indignation is total BS. Again, you fool no one. You are completely transparent.
Yes, the pool is open during all kinds of classes. They'd have at least one or two lanes open to regular members who wanted to do lap swimming. That was my experience. Besides at no time were men banned from anything! Do swim meets ban men? Idiot.

Keep trying to bend over backwards, and in this case commit gender discrimination, in order to appease a barbaric 7th century mindset. That's what you guys are good at.

You ignore the obvious. These classes go on all the time and always have. There are simply certain hours when the full membership of the Y cannot use the pool because of various classes. It has always been that way. Tell me you are so ignorant you were not ever before aware of this? And it's one hour a week. Oh my gosh. The horror! How awful, a whole hour once time a week. Again, you are pissed off because this is about Muslims. That's it. I know it. We all know it, even you know it, but you won't admit it. LOL I'm done. Some people just are not worth engaging in discussion with.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back