Free Contraceptive Program = 40% Drop In Teen Birth Rate

What happened to well reasoned conservatives?

What I mean to say is, yes...there are many on this board and they spend their entire time debating the dumbass social conservatives.

I feel like the old school conservatives today have more in common with the likes of Bernie Sanders than Tea party derpville. At what point do you have to say...maybe the definition of today's conservative no longer applies and you just call yourselves moderates. Where am I wrong in this thinking?

What I mean to say is, yes...there are many on this board and they spend their entire time debating the dumbass social conservatives.

I feel like the old school conservatives today have more in common with the likes of Bernie Sanders than Tea party derpville. At what point do you have to say...maybe the definition of today's conservative no longer applies and you just call yourselves moderates. Where am I wrong in this thinking?

You are wrong! However you would never understand the explanation.

This post shows how you are disconnected from reality more than any explanation from me could provide.

Providing contraceptives to teens at low or no cost is a win-win-win for Republicans i.e. less abortions for their evangie base, lowers taxes for their tax cutting base and-----and less funding for medicare and family planning clinics that most conservatives/Republicans seem to hate.

Q) Why are conservatives/Republicans in CO trying to kill this successful program?

Colorado claims contraceptive program caused big drop in teen birth rates
By Electa Draper
The Denver Post

A state health initiative to reduce teen birth rates by providing more than 30,000 contraceptive devices at low or no cost has led to a 40 percent drop in five years, Gov. John Hickenlooper said Thursday.

The Colorado Family Planning Initiative, funded by a private anonymous donor for five years, has provided intrauterine devices and other implants to low-income women at 68 family-planning clinics across Colorado since 2009.

The clinics are in local health departments, hospitals and private nonprofit facilities. The program also provided training and technical assistance to family planning clinics statewide.

"When families are planned and women have children when they're ready and want them ... it's really a better situation for everyone," Hickenlooper said during his state Capitol news conference.

<snip>

The family-planning program has saved $5.68 in Medicaid costs for every dollar spent on the contraceptives, the state said. The state has saved millions in health care expenditures — $42.5 million in public funds in 2010 alone based on the latest available data.

The decline improved Colorado's standing among states from having the 29th-lowest teen birth rate in 2008 to being ranked 19th among states and the District of Columbia in 2012.

This really doesn't pan out to be honest. If you look, children born out of wedlock are at an all time high(40% of children overall) despite the rise in contraception use, so how do those who advocate this government subsidy explain away the opposite result in the rest of country?

FastStats - Unmarried Childbearing

This post shows how you are disconnected from reality more than any explanation from me could provide.

I notice that you never really say anything. You have no substance.

I'm referring to what I am observing in that people like you make real conservatives look bad. Your logic sucks, you don't care about people unless they act/look/believe exactly as you do, no empathy, can't debate worth a shit because you depend on hysterics to prove a point and you guys love moronic conspiracy theories that fail in every way when the light of common sense is shined on them.

You fucking right wing drone. :blahblah:

Providing contraceptives to teens at low or no cost is a win-win-win for Republicans i.e. less abortions for their evangie base, lowers taxes for their tax cutting base and-----and less funding for medicare and family planning clinics that most conservatives/Republicans seem to hate.

Q) Why are conservatives/Republicans in CO trying to kill this successful program?

Colorado claims contraceptive program caused big drop in teen birth rates
By Electa Draper
The Denver Post

A state health initiative to reduce teen birth rates by providing more than 30,000 contraceptive devices at low or no cost has led to a 40 percent drop in five years, Gov. John Hickenlooper said Thursday.

The Colorado Family Planning Initiative, funded by a private anonymous donor for five years, has provided intrauterine devices and other implants to low-income women at 68 family-planning clinics across Colorado since 2009.

The clinics are in local health departments, hospitals and private nonprofit facilities. The program also provided training and technical assistance to family planning clinics statewide.

"When families are planned and women have children when they're ready and want them ... it's really a better situation for everyone," Hickenlooper said during his state Capitol news conference.

<snip>

The family-planning program has saved $5.68 in Medicaid costs for every dollar spent on the contraceptives, the state said. The state has saved millions in health care expenditures — $42.5 million in public funds in 2010 alone based on the latest available data.

The decline improved Colorado's standing among states from having the 29th-lowest teen birth rate in 2008 to being ranked 19th among states and the District of Columbia in 2012.

This really doesn't pan out to be honest. If you look, children born out of wedlock are at an all time high(40% of children overall) despite the rise in contraception use, so how do those who advocate this government subsidy explain away the opposite result in the rest of country?

FastStats - Unmarried Childbearing

when are they EVER honest. this op is a tool and a liar and everything in their small world.. is the GOP GOP GOP GOP. omg the gop

I'm referring to what I am observing in that people like you make real conservatives look bad. Your logic sucks, you don't care about people unless they act/look/believe exactly as you do, no empathy, can't debate worth a shit because you depend on hysterics to prove a point and you guys love moronic conspiracy theories that fail in every way when the light of common sense is shined on them.

The irony impairment of that post..

If you post religious dogma don't expect others to follow expect others that believe in that dogma.

A debate requires actual facts and the far left is incapable of posting any, thus proves they are not here for a debate, but to push their religious agenda.

While the far left has pushed the conservative Democrats out the party, Conservatives can be both on the right and the left and shows that you post using far left religious dogma..

That's what I mean. You point out irony this and irony that and "left wing drone", I'm merely aping you .

If you post religious dogma don't expect others to follow expect others that believe in that dogma.

What religious dogma are you talking about? You make absolutely no sense.

A debate requires actual facts and the far left is incapable of posting any, thus proves they are not here for a debate, but to push their religious agenda.

I'm referring to the far left to the right of center on this board who can easily decipher what a fact is from simply from calling someone a drone.

While the far left has pushed the conservative Democrats out the party, Conservatives can be both on the right and the left and shows that you post using far left religious dogma..

Ohhh, special. Quick, name a conservative lefty.

It also hasn't gone unnoticed that you ignored my response to your whole "what does the gay community have to do with birth control" made up argument of yours.

The abortion/contraceptive issue isn't about empowering women. It's about the democrat party's war on women and the power of men to force women to hire technicians to murder their unborn.

Well, no. It's really up to her now isn't it?
Well no, not really. The pressure from the father and/or the threat of abandonment at a time when a woman is most vulnerable is enough to cause her to hire technicians to murder her unborn. The least studied factor in a woman's decision to terminate pregnancy is her sense of loss and her subsequent sense of guilt for the rest of her life. The relationship between the guilt from abortions and suicide rate isn't studied because it's actually liberal men and the democrat party who control the issue.

That's what I mean. You point out irony this and irony that and "left wing drone", I'm merely aping you .

I'm referring to the far left to the right of center on this board who can easily decipher what a fact is from simply from calling someone a drone.

And you just proved my comments!

Conservative Democrat - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

free free free free. Everything is free free free
when I was a teenage many moons ago. I got my birth control for 50cents a pack through a clinic. someone can panhandle that much for crying out loud.

It's free at any health clinic and has been for decades. The left is just making political hay over it
Why only health clinics?
Why not Walmart and CVS, why not your local 7-11?

The easier you make it, the fewer unwanted pregnancies
Fewer unwanted pregnancies, fewer abortions, fewer children on welfare

Rightwing paradise

The abortion/contraceptive issue isn't about empowering women. It's about the democrat party's war on women and the power of men to force women to hire technicians to murder their unborn.

Well, no. It's really up to her now isn't it?
Well no, not really. The pressure from the father and/or the threat of abandonment at a time when a woman is most vulnerable is enough to cause her to hire technicians to murder her unborn. The least studied factor in a woman's decision to terminate pregnancy is her sense of loss and her subsequent sense of guilt for the rest of her life. The relationship between the guilt from abortions and suicide rate isn't studied because it's actually liberal men and the democrat party who control the issue.

You do realize you're saying this in a thread that is pro birth control, no?

Also, the pressure from the father is not really a liberal agenda, it's the would be fathers and the would be fathers alone, whatever that happens to be.

It's also legally not murder, that's just you calling it that.

So, how about less abortions through free birth control? Sounds like a win, win to me.

Yeah, please demonstrate for me in your words. I don't think you can.

when I was a teenage many moons ago. I got my birth control for 50cents a pack through a clinic. someone can panhandle that much for crying out loud.

It's free at any health clinic and has been for decades. The left is just making political hay over it
Why only health clinics?

Rightwing paradise

How about High school?

I just did or can you not read? Oh wait you are running the 'ol "I would much rather watch the world burn, than admit I was wrong" program..

Why only health clinics?

Rightwing paradise

How about High school?

Do you even know what that is? or do you think that means you smoke dope for years?

I just did or can you not read? Oh wait you are running the 'ol "I would much rather watch the world burn, than admit I was wrong" program..

No, you simply threw up a wiki link.

In your words explain to me what and who is a conservative lefty. I don't think you can.

Why only health clinics?

Rightwing paradise

How about High school?
Hand it out after church service

Want to know how to reduce teen pregnancy by 90%? End welfare.
Outlawing Viagra would be more effective. Ending welfare isn't going to stop anyone from fucking.

Sure it is. If you think observing what happens to girls who to pregnant out of wedlock doesn't provide a powerful object lesson to other girls, then you're a fool - probably a liberal also.
Track Palin's girlfriend can attest to that. :thup:

Why only health clinics?

Rightwing paradise

How about High school?
Hand it out after church service

It would be child abuse if they didn't.

No, you simply threw up a wiki link.

In your words explain to me what and who is a conservative lefty. I don't think you can.

I did I provided proof that they exist, but according the far left religious dogma a Conservative can only be an (R). Which you have been caught running!

So admit you are wrong!

Forum List

Back