Free Will is Real

At any point in our lives we are the sum of out choices. That is the consequence of free will. Choosing wisely is on us.
Why did god give A & E free will and then boot them out of eden for it? That makes no sense.
Also, free will is an artifact of intelligence. It comes with the territory of being a being that knows and creates.
You didn't answer my question.
I did answer your question. They didn't get kicked out because they disobeyed him. They didn't technically get kicked out at all. All of man's troubles stem from his subjectivity.
Ok, so you don't follow the bible like a normal person. Got it.

At any point in our lives we are the sum of out choices. That is the consequence of free will. Choosing wisely is on us.
Why did god give A & E free will and then boot them out of eden for it? That makes no sense.
Also, free will is an artifact of intelligence. It comes with the territory of being a being that knows and creates.
You didn't answer my question.
I did answer your question. They didn't get kicked out because they disobeyed him. They didn't technically get kicked out at all. All of man's troubles stem from his subjectivity.
Ok, so you don't follow the bible like a normal person. Got it.
I certainly don't read it like you. That's for sure.

You need to be arguing with James Bond. He's more your speed.

When you walk into a store and choose between Android and Apple, the outcome is not preordained. It really is on you.
Yes, but when scientists and philosophers talk of free will being "an illusion", they aren't saying every choice is predetermined. They are saying we are not the conscious agent of your choices that we have always thought we are. Your choice may not be predetermined, but you are in much less control of it than you thought.

Of course the choice is "made by you". A bacterium makes choices. Those choices are made by the bacterium.

Forum List

Back