Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

According to your particular religion and certainly not part of my religion. Who's religion
is the correct one?

Mine, of course :D

I do not care about your religion or atheism at all. you can believe or not believe whatever you want.

but don't even think to impose your views on me - and that is exactly what the outrage is about - the guy, whatever his name is, has a God given and Constitutionally approved right to his views and should not be ostracized for them

LOL

Same here.

I wouldn't "impose" my views on you, that's against my beliefs. Your relationship or lack thereof with your God or no God, is your own personal choice. On this part: "has a God given and Constitutionally approved right to his views and should not be ostracized for them", we disagree. Here's why;if he has a "God given and Constitutionally approved right to his views", people also have a "God given and Constitutionally approved right to express their views" for or against his beliefs and comments. It seems that some of his supporters don't agree with the latter for some strange reason. It almost like some people think that the people complaining should shut up and not express their own views about what he said.

I disagree with his views but I also disagree with A&E's decision, I don't think that what he said was so egregious. I think what he said was full of horse shit, but I wouldn't run and try to get him fired or protest against him.

No. it is a continuum of support on his right to express his views.
A&E had the right to fire him - they are a private entity.

But so do the millions of his supporters - they have an absolute right to boycott A&E.

And that is what is going on - citizenry exercising their God given, Constitutionally approved right to free speech.

well, and freedom of where your buck is going to :D

the leftards in general - "who shops in Walmart, they sell shit" - is a standard motto of all of your clique.

Really.....in general? You have ZERO examples?

Great job.

you are a perfect GENERIC example.

you all are the same - do you REALLY think I differentiate between you parroting mouthpieces? :rolleyes:

I am? You have a link to me saying that I never buy anything at Wal-Mart?

You need to suck my dick.....since you are already on your knees before me.

Sad.....ineffective in all ways. You.

Mine, of course :D

I do not care about your religion or atheism at all. you can believe or not believe whatever you want.

but don't even think to impose your views on me - and that is exactly what the outrage is about - the guy, whatever his name is, has a God given and Constitutionally approved right to his views and should not be ostracized for them

LOL

Same here.

I wouldn't "impose" my views on you, that's against my beliefs. Your relationship or lack thereof with your God or no God, is your own personal choice. On this part: "has a God given and Constitutionally approved right to his views and should not be ostracized for them", we disagree. Here's why;if he has a "God given and Constitutionally approved right to his views", people also have a "God given and Constitutionally approved right to express their views" for or against his beliefs and comments. It seems that some of his supporters don't agree with the latter for some strange reason. It almost like some people think that the people complaining should shut up and not express their own views about what he said.

I disagree with his views but I also disagree with A&E's decision, I don't think that what he said was so egregious. I think what he said was full of horse shit, but I wouldn't run and try to get him fired or protest against him.

But so do the millions of his supporters - they have an absolute right to boycott A&E.

And that is what is going on - citizenry exercising their God given, Constitutionally approved right to free speech.

Makes one wonder about the OP's supposed newly found libertarianist streak...

If the DD dude was "just voicing his opining", certainly those who favor the other side of the argument were "just voicing their opinion" as well.

One would think that there would be no favortism from a libertarian for either side since they are both just exercising their rights.

If anything, don't be mad at those opposed to the DD dude, be mad at A&E for siding with those opposed.

Makes me think that the "libertarian" agrees with the anti-homsexual views. So much for all of that "personal liberty" shit he was preaching yesterday.

I want you to squeal like a pig.....

what you and boo boo do in private is your own business---------please Please do not post any pictures.

The problem with Phil is that there has always been an ugly stereotype of Redneck white trash engaging in sex with farm animals.

His bringing it up in an attempt to smear gays is somewhat awkward for him given his own background

If he was trying to smear Gays he would do it.

That wasn't his intent, I'm sure.

Haters looking to hate can find no hatred in this:

Despite his beliefs, the 67-year-old says he doesn't judge others.

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," Robertson told GQ. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus - whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later."

Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson: Rejecting Political Correctness - U.s. - Catholic Online

...so the haters invent controversy to force the issue.

HOLY CRAP

The fucking hypocrites at A&E are going to be running wall to wall DD:

A&E TV Show Schedule - A&E

Looking forward to the howls of outrage from the PC Police.

This just gets better. You can't make this shit up.

I love it!!!

First they can the guy and now they are (supposedly) making money off of stock footage of redneck morons acting like redneck morons.

They could get the same ratings with meth-head bum street fighting; probably better dialouge too.

But not from Robertson, who just stated that it's a sin.

Which of course it is.

Essentially, the anger from the left is based on the fact that he dared to reference the Bible.

Incidentally, the guy is a multi-millionaire thanks to his creativity and marketing of duck calls. Not a big dummy...though I'd wager that most of the leftards quacking on this thread are....

Really.....in general? You have ZERO examples?

Great job.

you are a perfect GENERIC example.

you all are the same - do you REALLY think I differentiate between you parroting mouthpieces? :rolleyes:

I am? You have a link to me saying that I never buy anything at Wal-Mart?

You need to suck my dick.....since you are already on your knees before me.

Sad.....ineffective in all ways. You.

you are so obsessed with sucking dick it is obvious that is what YOU do all the time - suck somebody's dick.
but it is not surprising, giving you are a generic leftard :lol:

LOL

Same here.

Makes one wonder about the OP's supposed newly found libertarianist streak...

If the DD dude was "just voicing his opining", certainly those who favor the other side of the argument were "just voicing their opinion" as well.

One would think that there would be no favortism from a libertarian for either side since they are both just exercising their rights.

If anything, don't be mad at those opposed to the DD dude, be mad at A&E for siding with those opposed.

Makes me think that the "libertarian" agrees with the anti-homsexual views. So much for all of that "personal liberty" shit he was preaching yesterday.

what a dumb thing to say.

don't you have a favorite sports team?

plus agreeing that homosexual sex IS a mortal sin has absolutely nothing to do with being libertarian. It is connected to religious views.

I think so as well.

Last edited:

HOLY CRAP

The fucking hypocrites at A&E are going to be running wall to wall DD:

A&E TV Show Schedule - A&E

Looking forward to the howls of outrage from the PC Police.

This just gets better. You can't make this shit up.

You haven't heard of capitalism?

News travels so slow...

So you're gonna run with that one?

:laugh:

I think you might be the one running to the wrong end zone, friend. :D

What did you think A&E is? A charitable organisation?

We reiterate oncest again: there's no such thing as bad publicity. It's an oxymoron.

Last edited:

The PC Police created a backlash by becoming transparent, buffoonish caricatures. Now that the backlash is finally underway, this is gonna be great fun.

it is just a full circle completion :D

So you're gonna run with that one?

:laugh:

Amazing how your "caring" for the gay community has taken a back seat to money.

Hey, that's up to you.

?

I don't have a horse in the gay community. I came here for the question of whether an employer has the right to hire and fire.

Surely you're not so naïve as to believe a corporation has a conscience? No no my son, regardless what SCOTUS sez, corporations make their moves based on the bottom line. That's it. That's always been it.

As I said -- news travels slow.

Hey, that's up to you.

?

I don't have a horse in the gay community. I came here for the question of whether an employer has the right to hire and fire.

Surely you're not so naïve as to believe a corporation has a conscience? No no my son, regardless what SCOTUS sez, corporations make their moves based on the bottom line. That's it. That's always been it.

I don't disagree with anything you've posted here.

But I must say, the phrase "I don't have a horse in the gay community" is very amusing to me.

Hey, that's up to you.

?

I don't disagree with anything you've posted here.

But I must say, the phrase "I don't have a horse in the gay community" is very amusing to me.

I know -- I chuckled myself as it was coming out.

I kill me :lmao:

Forum List

Back