Funny how Democrats and the Left now pretend to be anti Russia

Ahh, a old "cold warrior". Maybe you could earn you some good extra coin, the networks are trotting out all of the old cold warriors they can find to opine on the troubles in Ukraine. May as well get in on the payday. ;)
I'm just one of the minor lil' guys that served. i may have briefed eschelons above reality a time or two, but not one that was supposed to be pulling the strings. I like Gen McCaffrey. I'd trust this car to the man who wore the star(s).

1646674446644.png
1646674464416.png

I guess they were hoping we would forget all the decades of the Democrats running interference for the Soviets, and the Left’s history of fighting for commies all over the world.

www.chicagotribune.com

The hypocrisy of the Democratic Russia hawks

Those unpredictable Democrats. Now they are Russia hawks.
www.chicagotribune.com
www.chicagotribune.com

But during the Cold War, when the Soviet Union posed an existential threat to our democracy, not so much. Most Democrats opposed the Reagan policies that led to the fall of the Soviet empire. They fought the Reagan defense buildup and his Strategic Defense Initiative (which Sen. Edward Kennedy dismissed as “Star Wars” and Sen. John Kerry called “a dream based on illusion”). They supported the Soviet-supported nuclear freeze movement and opposed Reagan’s deployment of intermediate-range nuclear missiles to Western Europe. They criticized Reagan’s efforts to arm freedom fighters seeking to overthrow Soviet puppet regimes and support to pro-American governments fighting communist insurgencies.

Old habits of appeasement die hard, so when the Cold War ended the Democrats continued their soft line toward Moscow. Democratic opposition to President George W. Bush’s withdrawal from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty was more strident than that of Vladimir Putin. There was virtual silence from Democrats when President Barack Obama callously threw Poland and the Czech Republic under the bus by canceling our missile defense agreements in an effort to appease Moscow.
In 2012, when Mitt Romney called Russia our “No. 1 geopolitical foe,” Democrats mocked him mercilessly. Obama told Romney, “The 1980s, they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back.” And Vice President Joe Biden said Romney “acts like he thinks the Cold War is still on.” The Republican focus on Russia was considered laughable by most Democrats.

Not only did Democrats oppose Reagan’s policies, they heaped scorn on his blunt anti-Communist rhetoric. After Reagan called on the Soviets to “tear down” the Berlin Wall, Democratic House Speaker Jim Wright declared that he had “utter contempt for Reagan” because he had “spoiled the chance for a dramatic breakthrough in relations between our two countries.”
As I have frequently said on this forum, I am amazed at how often the Trumptards sound exactly like those old comm symp lefties.

It wasn't long ago when the kenyan lawn jockey and hildebeest were selling the Russians our uranium stockpile.
Wrong. I can't believe there are still tards parroting this lie.

I guess hoaxes never truly die.

1920s Democrats: Fellating Russia
1930s Democrats: Fellating Russia
1940s Democrats: Fellating Russia
1950s Democrats: Fellating Russia
1960s Democrats: Fellating Russia
1970s Democrats: Fellating Russia
1980s Democrats: Fellating Russia
1990s Democrats: Fellating Russia
2000s Democrats: Fellating Russia
2010s Democrats: Fellating Russia
2016- Democrats: Russia is evil, they've always been evil!!!

It's like they think we didn't notice. DNC splinter group Antifa march under the Soviet hammer and sickle all the time! As do BLM.

1646674980503.png

1646675115197.png

1646675140100.png

O'REILLY: Putin's a killer.

TRUMP: There are a lot of killers. We have a lot of killers. Well, you think our country is so innocent?

blame-america-first.png

Forum List

Back