Gallup: Support for legal marijuana at an all-time high and likely to grow

All illicit drugs should be legalized. Costs to fight them far outweight the costs of their being legal. And when legal drugs like alcohol remain legal while doing far more harm to both users and non-users, the arguement of public safety being why they're illegal falls apart.

They're illegal only because pharamaceutical companies, medical associations, law enforcement, the prison industry, and lawyers make tremendous amounts of money off their being illegal.

Legalization wouldn't be so bad if there was no penalty for shooting a pothead. Pot in your system, no charges for plugging you.

And when the Pot Heads start shooting back?

Extra bong hit, of course.
Delayed reaction, poor aim? I don't fear potheads shooting back. They're more likely to shoot themselves than to actually get rounds downrange toward any external threat. You potheads are a joke.

You opinions are the joke. Straight from the Governments mouthpiece.

The United Slackers of America.

Marijuana Use and Disorders Have Doubled Since 2001

As attitudes and laws in the U.S. have become more tolerant of marijuana, the proportion of adults using and abusing the substance at least doubled between 2001 and 2013, according to a new study.

Although marijuana dependence and abuse was found to be on the rise, that is largely due to the overall increase in new users, researchers note, while existing marijuana users experienced a 15 percent decline in pot-related disorders.

About 4 percent of adults between 2001 and 2002 reported having used marijuana in the past year, compared to about 10 percent between 2012 and 2013. Similarly, 1.5 percent had abuse or dependence problems - so-called marijuana use disorder - at the start of the 21st Century, compared to about 3 percent from 2012 to 2013.

Marijuana Use and Disorders Have Doubled Since 2001

a nation of potheads is much more appealing than a nation of alcoholics...which we have been for decades.....

You actually think that potheads will replace alcoholics?

Are you a pothead, Focker?

dBJHlYZ.gif
was about 30 years ago.....i bet you wont admit you drink and smoke cigs....

You brainless potheads make the same stupid mistake over and over and I always refute it successfully, so pay attention:

Descrying the dangers of alcohol abuse in the public and on public roads is no justification for adding to that danger by increasing the venues of legalized intoxication. This can only result in a net increase in inebriated driving and disorderly conduct.

You potheads have never been able to defeat that argument.

Wrong again. Alcohol establishes a legal standard of harm we as a society are willing to tolerate. By any rational standard of logic or reason, anything LESS dangerous than the legal standard of harm would also be legal.

Personal freedom and public safety are a balance. We've established irrefutably that pot falls BELOW the threshold of that balance falling on the side of public safety. Thus, its not alcohol that justifies pot legalization.

Its personal freedom that justifies the legalization of marijuana. With the harm to public safety insufficient to justify criminalization by our own legal standards of acceptable harm.

Your argument mandates a ludicrous degree of inconsistency and irrationality. And a majority of people recognize that. Its a demonstration of society's growing capacity to weight actual harm vs 'its wrong because we say so'.

People who are baked or half baked on the road, driving a semi truck, operating a crane, teaching children, performing surgical operations, or otherwise endangering the public by being partially incapacitated have committed a crime. That's why drugs are illegal.

No, my little liberal wannabe tyrant, crimes are not committed until they are actually committed. This notion that just because something is legal that everybody and their brother will automagically go stupid and start doing everything impaired is silly and not supported by reality. Indeed, using your logic, everybody who uses alcohol MUST be drunk "on the road, driving a semi truck, operating a crane, teaching children, performing surgical operations, or otherwise endangering the public by being partially incapacitated"? Are they? Are you?

Try again, this time try thinking with your brain instead of your dipstick, jimmy.
Yes, potheads like you are committing a crime by being in various states of intoxication by mind altering drugs while performing safety sensitive tasks. You put my family in danger and everyone else's families. Unless you live on a remote island where what you smoke has absolutely no effect on anyone else, you deserve to be in jail for endangering those I love.
So you think all people that smoke buds are just running around running over people or something? That's fuckin stupid. Would you like to compare the amount of alcohol DUIs to weed DUIs?
You brainless potheads make the same stupid mistake over and over and I always refute it successfully, so pay attention:

Descrying the dangers of alcohol abuse in the public and on public roads is no justification for adding to that danger by increasing the venues of legalized intoxication. This can only result in a net increase in inebriated driving and disorderly conduct.

so mikey are you for the banning of alcohol and nicotine?.......right now im for decriminalizing pot....and thats the way i will be until you drinkers and smokers give up your vices and want them banned and against the law....
Gallup: Support for legal marijuana at an all-time high and likely to grow
What do you think about weed legalization? Should it stay illegal, semi-legal or it just has to be completely legalized? I think there is nothing bad in weed legalization. The budget will get more revenue for selling weed legally and marijuana traffic will be kept under control. It's really easier now to buy weed now for a teenager than a can of beer. State control over marijuana could solve the problem.
Considering longtime use leads to schizophrenia and lower IQ, should be an interesting society of idiotic crazies in 20 years.
for a small percentage.....does drinking lots of alcohol help with the brain stuff?....if you drink how about those beers you put away weekly?....do they increase your IQ?....
Like I said, schizophrenia and lower IQ.

Legalization wouldn't be so bad if there was no penalty for shooting a pothead. Pot in your system, no charges for plugging you.

And when the Pot Heads start shooting back?

Extra bong hit, of course.
potheads aint violent its the alcoholics who want to hurt people.....oh no....did "tipsy" the cat lover just let the cat out of the bag?...

I'm not about to let any one take "pot shots" ;) at me, stoned or not.

Outlaw crimes, not plants.
People who are baked or half baked on the road, driving a semi truck, operating a crane, teaching children, performing surgical operations, or otherwise endangering the public by being partially incapacitated have committed a crime. That's why drugs are illegal.

No, my little liberal wannabe tyrant, crimes are not committed until they are actually committed. This notion that just because something is legal that everybody and their brother will automagically go stupid and start doing everything impaired is silly and not supported by reality. Indeed, using your logic, everybody who uses alcohol MUST be drunk "on the road, driving a semi truck, operating a crane, teaching children, performing surgical operations, or otherwise endangering the public by being partially incapacitated"? Are they? Are you?

Try again, this time try thinking with your brain instead of your dipstick, jimmy.
Yes, potheads like you are committing a crime by being in various states of intoxication by mind altering drugs while performing safety sensitive tasks. You put my family in danger and everyone else's families. Unless you live on a remote island where what you smoke has absolutely no effect on anyone else, you deserve to be in jail for endangering those I love.
So you think all people that smoke buds are just running around running over people or something? That's fuckin stupid. Would you like to compare the amount of alcohol DUIs to weed DUIs?

Ah, I see, you are one of those people who considers everyone (but you of course) to be an irresponsible moron who will of course act irresponsibly if given the chance. Sorry, but in free countries, free people are considered responsible and law-abiding until their actions prove otherwise. Just because a dimwit like YOU would run out and start driving stoned just because a plant is made legal does not mean the rest of us share your mental defect.

You are not any brighter than those who plunged the country into the violent farce called Prohibition, which sane people finally repealed.

You have no valid point...unless that one on your head counts.

Marijuana use does not lead to schitzophrenia and lower IQ. Drivers who have been smoking Marijuana actually tend to be more cautious and chillaxed on the road and less prone to speeding and road rage and thus are usually less of a threat to other drivers than people who have not been smoking.

i have been smoking pot for decades I'm not schizo.

YES YOU ARE

no I am not

Who Asked You?

YOU KEEP OUT OF THIS I AM TALKING TO HIM!

i'm not a boy, I am just flat chested from smoking dope

If I Have To Stop This Car, You're Both Gonna Get It!

Ah, I see, you are one of those people who considers everyone (but you of course) to be an irresponsible moron who will of course act irresponsibly if given the chance. Sorry, but in free countries, free people are considered responsible and law-abiding until their actions prove otherwise. Just because a dimwit like YOU would run out and start driving stoned just because a plant is made legal does not mean the rest of us share your mental defect.

You are not any brighter than those who plunged the country into the violent farce called Prohibition, which sane people finally repealed.

I wouldn't know. I've never smoked pot in my life and think that everyone who has and continues to is an idiot. What I do know is that driving drunk is illegal, but alcohol is legal which ensures it will happen often. It stands to logic that if pot were legalized there cannot but be a net increase of people illegally stoned while driving. That's an inescapable destiny.

The pothead zombie movement is growing. Since kids are no longer taught to think, it's no surprise that brainless advocacy for narcotics is a sure default.

This thread is about Cannabis, not "narcotics".
You show your ignorance. Though not designated as a narcotic, pot can have long term and permanent debilitating effects on some people. Young brains are especially vulnerable.

If dumb shits want to inhale smoke into their lungs, fine. Hopefully they die off sooner like the idiots that smoke cigarettes.

All illicit drugs should be legalized. Costs to fight them far outweight the costs of their being legal. And when legal drugs like alcohol remain legal while doing far more harm to both users and non-users, the arguement of public safety being why they're illegal falls apart.

They're illegal only because pharamaceutical companies, medical associations, law enforcement, the prison industry, and lawyers make tremendous amounts of money off their being illegal.
You do have a valid point. There are so many drugs today that hasten the user's demise that prohibiting the usefullness of these drugs in ending drug addiction through death it makes no sense in limiting them.

I wouldn't know. I've never smoked pot in my life and think that everyone who has and continues to is an idiot. What I do know is that driving drunk is illegal, but alcohol is legal which ensures it will happen often. It stands to logic that if pot were legalized there cannot but be a net increase of people illegally stoned while driving. That's an inescapable destiny.
Why didn't you respond to my post about drinking going DOWN after the end of prohibition? Prefer emotion over facts? You a lefty bro? :lol:

Make it legal and be prepared to be attacked in self defense and arrested and incarcerated if you blow your smoke in a public or unapproved private location.
Same goes for any intoxicant.

Make it legal and be prepared to be attacked in self defense and arrested and incarcerated if you blow your smoke in a public or unapproved private location.
Same goes for any intoxicant.

Just like with smoking or acting like an ass when drunk, ain't no excuse for bad manners.

Why is the concept of freedom so hard for some of you to understand? Free people can do pretty much what they want, unless their actions infringe upon the life, liberty or property of others. The founders gotta be rolling in their graves listening to some of you.

Forum List

Back