Game of Thrones (HBO)

Dom-dom-dah-dom...I finished reading the fourth book this weekend. My daughter has read the fifth and has given me some hints of what is yet to come. Lots of interesting twists and turns up ahead, folks. I have some theories about Littlefinger's plots, and where Dany is going with her dragons, etc.

book 4 and 5 were called fucking character development....book 5 was a bear....ollie was sick and we got him book 5 so he could read and recoup....but it was hardback...it was heavy as a brick....i remember he kinda hinted that he wanted to wait for paperback but we did not know we had all this time at that point.....you want to hear non stop pissing and moaning ask frankie about the last two books

George wrote four and five and the same time, it was the editors that spliced the chapters into the two books. Technically, you can read both books at the same time, since, chronologically, they occur during the same space in time. Book four doesn't have any of the same characters as book five.

IMO the best characters are in book five. When I read them, I read them at the same time. A few chapters of four, a few chapters of five.

Dom-dom-dah-dom...I finished reading the fourth book this weekend. My daughter has read the fifth and has given me some hints of what is yet to come. Lots of interesting twists and turns up ahead, folks. I have some theories about Littlefinger's plots, and where Dany is going with her dragons, etc.

Predictions:
(1) Oberyn Martell defeats the Mountain and Tyrion is freed.
(2) Sansa testifies in Littlefingers defense and her becomes ruler of the city.
(3) Dany dragons become unmanageable and she has a major set-back.
(4) I was told the Hound was killed by now, however, I think the show will keep him alive for some reason. Nevertheless, I think Arya and he part ways as friends. He goes to join Stannis army and she leave to join that assassin creed. I mean if she is going to kill all the people she says she will kill, then she needs training by those assassins correct? I believe Arya becomes one of the most feared assassins in the seven kingdoms. I believe she will eventually kill the Freys and all the other surviving members of her kill list.
(5) Tyrion forgive Bronn
(6) Sansa marries Littlefinger
(7) Rickon is taken to an area where he is trained night and day to become a great warrior to which he one day becomes.
(8) Wildlings get their asses kicked after Snowe assume command of Nights watch
(9) Stannis invades the North defeats the Iron-Born and the Boltons. He establishes his kingdom for conquest in the North.

Predictions:

wrong....

lol what goes on in your head?

one time i said...how can you defeat dragons and ollie reminded me the dragons have been defeated before....

(4) I was told the Hound was killed by now, however, I think the show will keep him alive for some reason. Nevertheless, I think Arya and he part ways as friends. He goes to join Stannis army and she leave to join that assassin creed. I mean if she is going to kill all the people she says she will kill, then she needs training by those assassins correct? I believe Arya becomes one of the most feared assassins in the seven kingdoms. I believe she will eventually kill the Freys and all the other surviving members of her kill list.

sweetie foreshadowing is lost on you....

(5) Tyrion forgive Bronn

tyrion does not think bronn needs his forgiveness...he understands bronn

ick ick...

(7) Rickon is taken to an area where he is trained night and day to become a great warrior to which he one day becomes.
(9) Stannis invades the North defeats the Iron-Born and the Boltons. He establishes his kingdom for conquest in the North.

hmmm to the 7,8, 9 ....i still wonder what the wildings are running from...dont you

Predictions:

wrong....

lol what goes on in your head?

one time i said...how can you defeat dragons and ollie reminded me the dragons have been defeated before....

sweetie foreshadowing is lost on you....

(5) Tyrion forgive Bronn

tyrion does not think bronn needs his forgiveness...he understands bronn

ick ick...

hmmm to the 7,8, 9 ....i still wonder what the wildings are running from...dont you

Maybe some army from the North? Wasn't there something stated that the King of the White Walkers was a Stark, maybe they are actually "good" guys and come to the Night Watch aid? That sounds like a stretch though. Not sure Roose Bolton's army will come to their aid, since they have their hands full with the Ironborn.

Either way I am looking forward to that cannibal Wildling getting what is coming to him.

Last sunday was a great show. Now, I hope the boy is shown the moon door after his mother. :lol:

plus what is in the book is not necessarily in the series....

i tell ya when bronn left....that was hard.....in the book......it says something like this

with that bronn walked out of the room and out of my life forever....

and there is much more talk.....

when bronn is taunted with his wife having a bastard child.....bronn replies that is alright when she births this one i will put one of mine in her....

bronn is a man who knows himself....

Bronn is still one of my favorite characters. He isn't betraying Tyrion, rather he just doesn't believe he can defeat the Mountain.

I disagree. Bronn told Tyrion that Shae was safely away on the ship. Clearly, he double crossed him.

plus what is in the book is not necessarily in the series....

i tell ya when bronn left....that was hard.....in the book......it says something like this

with that bronn walked out of the room and out of my life forever....

and there is much more talk.....

when bronn is taunted with his wife having a bastard child.....bronn replies that is alright when she births this one i will put one of mine in her....

bronn is a man who knows himself....

Bronn is still one of my favorite characters. He isn't betraying Tyrion, rather he just doesn't believe he can defeat the Mountain.

I disagree. Bronn told Tyrion that Shae was safely away on the ship. Clearly, he double crossed him.

I doubt that. I think Bronn got her on the boat and she either go off the boat or just came back on another boat. Bronn didn't know that Joffery would be murdered and Tyrion would be on trial for it.

Last edited:
and dont be trashing bronn...remember he was a drifter...with nothing when he was promised all the gold he needed to be tyrion champion.....this time...he had everything to lose....he is now a married man and a lord...plus he knows he may get killed....bronn is above all else a survivor.....he got shea on that boat....who got her back...well my guess would be the evil queen...she knew his whores and the eunnic lord has his birds....how hard is it to find a whore with gold?

she is a working girl....there had to be something in it for her...and it may have been her life being spared

now hook lets discuss foreshadowing....you do know the concept?

think about it.....

the man find dying...what was he dying of .....a gut shot combined with what?

what did hound need after the bite...and refused?

and dont be trashing bronn...remember he was a drifter...with nothing when he was promised all the gold he needed to be tyrion champion.....
I agree don't trash Bronn he is a great character and for the most part good and reliable ally to Tyrion (the most honorable man in King's Landing); however, when he first championed for Tyrion he had a lot to lose. He was up against an unknown, armored (Bron didn't have armor on) opponent who was supposed to be the best knight in that city. That is a risk deal, esp when losing means your dead!

this time...he had everything to lose....he is now a married man and a lord...
I believe it more has to do that he fears the Mountain (like most people do) and he doesn't believe he could defeat the Mountain. I don't think he is doing it because he doesn't want to lose what he has.

he got shea on that boat....who got her back..
I believe he did also. He had no reason not to and Joffery wasn't murdered yet.

.well my guess would be the evil queen...she knew his whores and the eunnic lord has his birds....how hard is it to find a whore with gold?
It could be two things: (1) Cersi knew all along and captured her (probably planned on killing her to hurt Tyrion, but then decided to use her to hurt him more) or (2) She came back and told Cersi she could help her stick it to Tyrion.

Forum List

Back