Gas dropping with increase wages will now give trump all the Power

New data from the Energy Information Administration shows gasoline demand has decreased to the lowest level on record since February 2017, and the average price of gasoline has declined in tandem.

Gee I wonder why demand is down? Might be all those hybrid/electric cars...

That's only a small part of it:

•Supplies are up. Last week's EIA report showed U.S. crude oil inventories in what EIA called "the upper half of the average range for this time of year." Before the financial crisis, inventories often were at or below average.

On Oct. 16, EIA reported that the U.S. had increased its proved reserves of crude oil 2% last year.

Gas prices drop 26 cents in a week; some areas below $2 a gallon
Demand is actually a very big part of it. I can't imagine why anyone would say it's a small part of it. Basic economics.

Because demand is calculated after they get the results.

In the commodities market (which controls the prices) they either buy long contracts or short based on the news of the commodity. When it's understood that the reserves are higher than normal, it's a reason to buy short contracts meaning they expect the price to drop. The thing about the commodities market is you can bet either way and make the same amount of money. So unlike the stock market, they could care less which way it goes, as long as it goes in the direction they predicted.

For instance let's say that the people who own the land oil is drilled on in our country decide to stop production. That would cause prices to increase even if there is no real effect at the time. We could have the same amount of oil or gasoline that we did last week, but because of the news, investors would be buying long contracts which increases the price.

New data from the Energy Information Administration shows gasoline demand has decreased to the lowest level on record since February 2017, and the average price of gasoline has declined in tandem.

•Supplies are up. Last week's EIA report showed U.S. crude oil inventories in what EIA called "the upper half of the average range for this time of year." Before the financial crisis, inventories often were at or below average.

On Oct. 16, EIA reported that the U.S. had increased its proved reserves of crude oil 2% last year.

Demand is actually a very big part of it. I can't imagine why anyone would say it's a small part of it. Basic economics.

In the commodities market (which controls the prices) they either buy long contracts or short based on the news of the commodity. When it's understood that the reserves are higher than normal, it's a reason to buy short contracts meaning they expect the price to drop. The thing about the commodities market is you can bet either way and make the same amount of money. So unlike the stock market, they could care less which way it goes, as long as it goes in the direction they predicted.

For instance let's say that the people who own the land oil is drilled on in our country decide to stop production. That would cause prices to increase even if there is no real effect at the time. We could have the same amount of oil or gasoline that we did last week, but because of the news, investors would be buying long contracts which increases the price.
Yes it's been declining for quite a while now. Must be from all those Prius I see on the road.

Yes it's been declining for quite a while now. Must be from all those Prius I see on the road.

Maybe in California, but not much elsewhere. Nobody really wants these go carts. With the additional costs involved, you won't break even until after seven years or so. By then it's time for a new car.

Maybe in California, but not much elsewhere. Nobody really wants these go carts. With the additional costs involved, you won't break even until after seven years or so. By then it's time for a new car.
I'm not in California and see electric and hybrid cars everywhere. Why is it you think demand has gone down?

I'm not in California and see electric and hybrid cars everywhere. Why is it you think demand has gone down?

USA came up with a pretty interesting quote from Bloomberg last year. Here is what is said:

According to Bloomberg, illegal immigrants started driving less after Trump took power for fear of apprehension by immigration officers. Rising oil prices also contributed to lower demand. The average gallon cost $2.39 in 2017, versus $2.12 in 2016, Bloomberg said.

U.S. gasoline consumption falls for the first time in five years

So maybe Trump really is responsible for the lower consumption.

USA came up with a pretty interesting quote from Bloomberg last year. Here is what is said:

According to Bloomberg, illegal immigrants started driving less after Trump took power for fear of apprehension by immigration officers. Rising oil prices also contributed to lower demand. The average gallon cost $2.39 in 2017, versus $2.12 in 2016, Bloomberg said.

Sounds like there is still plenty of driving. Cars must have better mileage...

Despite record motor vehicle travel over the holiday, demand decreased by nearly 900,000 barrels,

Gas prices low amid oversupplied market, decreasing demand and cheaper seasonal blend

Despite record motor vehicle travel over the holiday, demand decreased by nearly 900,000 barrels,

Gas prices low amid oversupplied market, decreasing demand and cheaper seasonal blend

I'm not debating they are wrong, what I'm debating is why. I mean......what real change took place in the last two years? We've had electric cars for many years. DumBama even subsidized buyers early in his first term. But all of a sudden when Trump gets elected, we have more oil than ever and less gasoline consumption.

I don't think the common man is doing that well. And they sure won't be doing well when it's time to retire.

I guess it depends on when you retire. If it's in the next month or so, it may be a problem.

When all this trade talk is done and over with, the market will bounce back up to where it was before and maybe even more.
We shall see, but I don't think you will be retiring as long as Trump is prez.

So you're predicting a second term too, huh? Good for you.
I don't make predictions. It's hard to believe dems could run somebody worse, but it certainly is possible.

Worse than a guy fighting to keep our border secure? Worse than a guy with the lowest unemployment rate in nearly 50 years? Worse than a guy who has the highest business confidence in nearly 20 years, and a new high in small business confidence?

If you can't appreciate all the great work this man has done, then I don't know WTF you're looking for. The problem with you on the left is you vote for people like you'd vote in a popularity contest instead of accomplishments. That's how we got Obama.

Trump hasn't done SHIT.

You are cheering for an ass hat that stole an election with help from the goddamn fvcking Russians.

We all understand that integrity, morality, honesty, etc., doesn't mean shit to you, or to the GOP.

Congrats, Rusky.

I'm not debating they are wrong, what I'm debating is why. I mean......what real change took place in the last two years? We've had electric cars for many years. DumBama even subsidized buyers early in his first term. But all of a sudden when Trump gets elected, we have more oil than ever and less gasoline consumption.
Older cars are leaving the roads and being replaced by hybrids and electrics. That is driving down demand.

Older cars are leaving the roads and being replaced by hybrids and electrics. That is driving down demand.

Not according to Wiki.

Since their inception in 1999, a total of 4,058,258 hybrid electric automobilesand sport utility vehicles have been sold in the country through May 2016.[6] Sales of hybrid vehicles in the U.S. began to decline following the financial crisis of 2007–08, and after a short recovery, began to decline again in 2014 due to low gasoline prices.[5][6]Hybrid sales in the American market achieved its highest market share ever in 2013, capturing 3.19% of new car sales that year, and dropped below 2% by April 2016.[4][6][7]

Hybrid electric vehicles in the United States - Wikipedia

So I don't really believe electric cars are responsible. Besides, it still takes energy to create all the new electricity needed to charge these cars. That would mean oil consumption wouldn't change all that much. It's either use oil for gasoline or use oil to make electricity. And if it were true, electric rates would be on the increase.

The only real bad news is that the Democrats now control Congress, and it's a concern of what they can do to screw this up.

Not much. They can propose all the silly bills they want to, doesn't mean anything will come of it.

Fuel prices are down, and will stay down.

The US hasn't been in this good of a position fuel-wise since pre-Carter days.

Not according to Wiki.

Since their inception in 1999, a total of 4,058,258 hybrid electric automobilesand sport utility vehicles have been sold in the country through May 2016.[6] Sales of hybrid vehicles in the U.S. began to decline following the financial crisis of 2007–08, and after a short recovery, began to decline again in 2014 due to low gasoline prices.[5][6]Hybrid sales in the American market achieved its highest market share ever in 2013, capturing 3.19% of new car sales that year, and dropped below 2% by April 2016.[4][6][7]

So I don't really believe electric cars are responsible. Besides, it still takes energy to create all the new electricity needed to charge these cars. That would mean oil consumption wouldn't change all that much. It's either use oil for gasoline or use oil to make electricity. And if it were true, electric rates would be on the increase.
Fuel economy has increased a lot.

Older (and affordable) cars left the road with Obama's "Cash for Clunkers", dumbass. This also raised the price of transportation for anyone wanting a car.

I don't really see newer vehicles being that much more fuel efficient.

Crown Victoria's and Older Cadillacs with V8s got about 26mpg

I had a '77 1/2 ton with a v8 that got 17 mpg.

Older (and affordable) cars left the road with Obama's "Cash for Clunkers", dumbass. This also raised the price of transportation for anyone wanting a car.

I don't really see newer vehicles being that much more fuel efficient.

Crown Victoria's and Older Cadillacs with V8s got about 26mpg

I had a '77 1/2 ton with a v8 that got 17 mpg.

Not according to Wiki.

Yes it has. Now we drive around in shoe boxes with little protection in the event of an accident. I myself have always driven a fuel efficient car. My 2009 Toyota Camry gets about 30 mpg highway and city, although I mostly use it on the highway to get to work. It has an 18.5 gallon fuel tank so I fill up once every two weeks, and usually put in about 14 gallons.

If things go okay this year, I'll be buying another slightly used Camry in the spring. I'm expecting the milage to be much better than what I'm getting now.

Not according to Wiki.

Yes it has. Now we drive around in shoe boxes with little protection in the event of an accident. I myself have always driven a fuel efficient car. My 2009 Toyota Camry gets about 30 mpg highway and city, although I mostly use it on the highway to get to work. It has an 18.5 gallon fuel tank so I fill up once every two weeks, and usually put in about 14 gallons.

If things go okay this year, I'll be buying another slightly used Camry in the spring. I'm expecting the milage to be much better than what I'm getting now.
All that increased mileage brings down demand.

The deep state in a total panic with trump gaining because of higher wages and lower gas prices

Well, thanks for letting US all know you hate the US; you know, the system of checks & balances.

You would rather have a dictatorship, instead.

At least you didn't lie about it.
Which is better a dictatorship of an IQ of 180 or a democracy of 3 yr olds who elects the powers

Forum List

Back