Gas Prices: Where are all the threads?

Many of the leases are never used. If you wish to blame Biden in 10 years, have at it.
That is true a large number of leases are not produced.
They do not hold enough oil to be economically feasible to produce if they hold oil at all.
Some are in areas that can not be accessed or are not able to be accessed or drilled on for economic reasons.
Some are not produced because they amount to underground storage instead of having to build and maintain expensive and prohibitive above ground storage.
Some are even held because the company has not setup seismic testing to see if there is oil and do not want a competitor to get them.

To claim that because of Biden we are producing more oil is is wrong. It takes many years to start producing a lease. So the largest amount of oil that is being produced now was because of other presidents. If in a few more years we see the amount of oil produced go down then we can claim it was Biden pulling back leases. Of course everyone will yell that it is because of whoever the current president is at that time.
A lot of people try and yell corporate greed. Part of that is true because if a president and a large percent of the population are calling for an end to your business that you have hundreds of billions invested in anyone would want to make as much money as possible before it ends. But a lot of these same people would be yelling corporate greed if they were selling 2 bedroom 2 bath homes for $200.00

That is true a large number of leases are not produced.
They do not hold enough oil to be economically feasible to produce if they hold oil at all.
Some are in areas that can not be accessed or are not able to be accessed or drilled on for economic reasons.
Some are not produced because they amount to underground storage instead of having to build and maintain expensive and prohibitive above ground storage.
Some are even held because the company has not setup seismic testing to see if there is oil and do not want a competitor to get them.

To claim that because of Biden we are producing more oil is is wrong.

I never argued that. I argued that Biden has not done anything to curtail production.

If you want to condemn him for his politically inspired rhetorical lies, have at it.

It takes many years to start producing a lease. So the largest amount of oil that is being produced now was because of other presidents. If in a few more years we see the amount of oil produced go down then we can claim it was Biden pulling back leases. Of course everyone will yell that it is because of whoever the current president is at that time.
A lot of people try and yell corporate greed. Part of that is true because if a president and a large percent of the population are calling for an end to your business that you have hundreds of billions invested in anyone would want to make as much money as possible before it ends. But a lot of these same people would be yelling corporate greed if they were selling 2 bedroom 2 bath homes for $200.00

Like Obama's many off shore leases which again, he campaigned against doing but had no problem doing after becoming president.

I never argued that. I argued that Biden has not done anything to curtail production.

If you want to condemn him for his politically inspired rhetorical lies, have at it.

Like Obama's many off shore leases which again, he campaigned against doing but had no problem doing after becoming president.
You seem to have missed the fact when Biden first took office he pulled back leasing and only let out 80 some leases. Where we had over 1000 before he took office. So yes he did do something to curtail production just not that much during this four years but it will be noticeable in perhaps the next four or longer

You seem to have missed the fact when Biden first took office he pulled back leasing and only let out 80 some leases. Where we had over 1000 before he took office. So yes he did do something to curtail production just not that much during this four years but it will be noticeable in perhaps the next four or longer

It might. I never argued otherwise. The issue is it never really works that way. The two parties are so incompetent that neither can hold power for very long.

It might. I never argued otherwise. The issue is it never really works that way. The two parties are so incompetent that neither can hold power for very long.
Okay claim whatever you want as what you meant. The problem is words actually have meaning so be more careful what you write.
I will agree that both parties have good and bad points. Some have worse. While it is ridiculous to expect any real positive from either sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils

Okay claim whatever you want as what you meant. The problem is words actually have meaning so be more careful what you write.
I will agree that both parties have good and bad points. Some have worse. While it is ridiculous to expect any real positive from either sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils

And yet you do not.

Have no idea what you are talking about here as you still do not understand words have meaning

You said you had to choose between the two evils. I said you do not. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand there.

You said you had to choose between the two evils. I said you do not. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand there.
Now that you have actually learned to make sense with words I can ask what exactly makes you think that? The fact that I understand economics better than some? The fact I have a better understanding of the oil and gas industry than a number of people? Or is it that I said that by cutting back on leases will effect oil in a number of years and that the largest amount of oil being produced now is not due to the present president?
Or are you unhappy that I stated some would still claim corporate greed no matter how low prices were?

Now that you have actually learned to make sense with words I can ask what exactly makes you think that?

The fact that many don't.

The fact that I understand economics better than some? The fact I have a better understanding of the oil and gas industry than a number of people? Or is it that I said that by cutting back on leases will effect oil in a number of years and that the largest amount of oil being produced now is not due to the present president?
Or are you unhappy that I stated some would still claim corporate greed no matter how low prices were?

I made a simple statement. You are trying to read far more into it than I said.

For most places fuel is pretty reasonable right now. Some places are going for the greed and others have high taxes, neither of which Biden controls.

As I noted early I paid $2.79 in Missouri this week. They have a tax of 24.5 cents per gallon.

I then paid $3.64 in Indiana. They have a tax of 19 cents per gallon.

Maybe some corporate greed going on there?

The fact that many don't.

I made a simple statement. You are trying to read far more into it than I said.

For most places fuel is pretty reasonable right now. Some places are going for the greed and others have high taxes, neither of which Biden controls.

As I noted early I paid $2.79 in Missouri this week. They have a tax of 24.5 cents per gallon.

I then paid $3.64 in Indiana. They have a tax of 19 cents per gallon.

Maybe some corporate greed going on there?
You claimed I did not choose the lesser of two evils. So there must be a reason for you to claim that. Or are you again saying that you did not mean what you wrote?
I see nothing in you writing about the price of fuel proving why you claimed that I was not choosing the lesser of two evils.
So now please be careful with your wording and explain succinctly why you claimed I do not choose the lesser of two evils.

If you go back and read what I actually wrote I claimed there was some corporate greed but a part of that was the fact that these companies are trying to make profit because of the people saying we are going to stop using oil.

You claimed I did not choose the lesser of two evils.

No I didn't.

So there must be a reason for you to claim that. Or are you again saying that you did not mean what you wrote?
I see nothing in you writing about the price of fuel proving why you claimed that I was not choosing the lesser of two evils.
So now please be careful with your wording and explain succinctly why you claimed I do not choose the lesser of two evils.

If you go back and read what I actually wrote I claimed there was some corporate greed but a part of that was the fact that these companies are trying to make profit because of the people saying we are going to stop using oil.

Now like so many others you are just mindlessly rambling.

So you did not write this? Then who did.

I am not even going to pretend you understand and just claim rambling

So you did not write this? Then who did.

I am not even going to pretend you understand and just claim rambling

I didn't say you didn't choose the "lesser evil". I clearly stated you do not have to.

I didn't say you didn't choose the "lesser evil". I clearly stated you do not have to.
Really. then you were missing the have too. Again words have meaning. The way it is written it means that I did not choose the lesser of two evils.
Maybe you need to write in your native language and then it can be translated by whoever reads it

Decisive action by Biden to thwart OPECs influence by releasing the reserve was the best use of the reserve in 50 years.

Forum List

Back