🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage vs. pulygamy

Wow, looks like bigotry and prejudice trying to not allow people in love to marry.

Sad how stereotyping prevents people from seeing solutions and they only see problems.

Such minor questions.

Yes and relatives. Cause you think birth defects are minor....

Relatives? I thought you are on more than one spouse. This is why ignore bigots, they want to skip around and not face facts.

Not sure why it is your business what consenting adults want to do, why can't you let people in love do what they want?

You just said relatives should be allowed to marry a couple posts ago.

I said it was acceptable, and linked a scientific study.

However the thread is about polygamy.

So, I ask the question again, that you won't answer.
Why it is your business what consenting adults want to do, why can't you let people in love do what they want?

Yes birth defects are acceptable to you.

I've given lots of reasons, go back and respond and we can discuss.

I'm sure the success rate would be no different than in the rest of the marriage community, 50/50.

Probably. But again how does a divorce work? Can a group of 4 kick just one out? Or does kicking one out kill the whole marriage?

Marriage is between two people, you can just marry multiple people. Come on, think and stop being silly.

So you are saying guy married woman A, then married woman B. But the women are not married?

If it works like the poly relationships do, it would depend on the people to decide. It could be that the man has two wives, and yet the wives are not married to each other. Or it could be that all three are joined into one unit.

Granted, the later would truly redefine marriage. But I have no real qualms about that, insofar as the gov't goes.

So the man is in critical condition in a coma. What wife makes his medical decisions? Financial decisions?

That's up to them. Not really any of your concern.

How does joint checking work?

And again do employers have to support all these wives on the family plan?

Let that be sorted out when it needs to be sorted out. Are companies required to take all spouses, regardless of pre-existing conditions, in the current system?

Ah well just sort out the huge mess later. Well thought out.

Is there a law that states a company has to offer family plans to every employee? No? How about that.

I see no valid reason why polygamy is illegal. I know a number of people who have more than one loving relationship. And as long as everyone involved is aware, it does not harm whatsoever.

I am happy for people who harm no one, who find love, and let go of shame and hiding and have come out of the closet. This to me, is liberation. As far as the marriage issue goes, I am fine with any ruling. I would think living together would keep a relationship, special, more so than marriage anyway. I know of several lesbian marriages that have ended in divorce. Why pay the lawyers.

We all have our perspectives?

Probably. But again how does a divorce work? Can a group of 4 kick just one out? Or does kicking one out kill the whole marriage?

Marriage is between two people, you can just marry multiple people. Come on, think and stop being silly.

So you are saying guy married woman A, then married woman B. But the women are not married?

If it works like the poly relationships do, it would depend on the people to decide. It could be that the man has two wives, and yet the wives are not married to each other. Or it could be that all three are joined into one unit.

Granted, the later would truly redefine marriage. But I have no real qualms about that, insofar as the gov't goes.

So the man is in critical condition in a coma. What wife makes his medical decisions? Financial decisions?

Sure lawmakers will waste time rewriting everything. Door will be wide open for abuse of benefits. Employers and financials institutions will have to make changes. Courts will be busy with all this silliness. The ratio of men to women may be thrown off. But hey why should I care.

Sure lawmakers will waste time rewriting everything. Door will be wide open for abuse of benefits. Employers and financials institutions will have to make changes. Courts will be busy with all this silliness. The ratio of men to women may be thrown off. But hey why should I care.

Change is never easy. But the gov't must be adaptable. Employers and financial institutions will adapt or lose their customers to companies that do. They had to spend vast amounts to adapt to the common use of smartphones. The institutions that didn't lost customers.

And teh ratio of men to women will only be thrown off if you assume it will always be 1 man with multiple wives. There will also be 1 wife with multiple husbands, especially as the population ages.

Wow, looks like bigotry and prejudice trying to not allow people in love to marry.

Sad how stereotyping prevents people from seeing solutions and they only see problems.

Such minor questions.

Relatives? I thought you are on more than one spouse. This is why ignore bigots, they want to skip around and not face facts.

Not sure why it is your business what consenting adults want to do, why can't you let people in love do what they want?

Why it is your business what consenting adults want to do, why can't you let people in love do what they want?

You have given no reason that it wouldn't or could be worked out legally. I can't figure out why you are against polygamy, you have given nothing but legal issues including how a freaking checking account would work? Come on why the intolerance to those that love each other and want to marry.

Change is never easy. But the gov't must be adaptable. Employers and financial institutions will adapt or lose their customers to companies that do. They had to spend vast amounts to adapt to the common use of smartphones. The institutions that didn't lost customers.

And teh ratio of men to women will only be thrown off if you assume it will always be 1 man with multiple wives. There will also be 1 wife with multiple husbands, especially as the population ages.

History says it will be men with multiple wives.

Gov does not have to agree to this. It offers nothing of value to society. And a lot of negatives.

You have given no reason that it wouldn't or could be worked out legally. I can't figure out why you are against polygamy, you have given nothing but legal issues including how a freaking checking account would work? Come on why the intolerance to those that love each other and want to marry.

Says the person who is pro inbreeding and birth defects.

Marriage is between two people. I have heard no good reasons to change that.

Silly excuses, the lawmakers wouldn't need to rewrite "everything." Is that what LAWmakers do, write LAWS. Our country has had to make changes since day one, this seems minor. Ratio of men to women? Really? How much do you think it would throw it off? Men marrying men could throw off the ratios, ohhhhh my!

Didn't say I was pro anything, I did say I saw no real reasons against it. So please quit being a drama queen. Your inability to discuss matters rationally is why I usually ignore your post.

And you have yet to give no real reasons against either of them.

Silly excuses, the lawmakers wouldn't need to rewrite "everything." Is that what LAWmakers do, write LAWS. Our country has had to make changes since day one, this seems minor. Ratio of men to women? Really? How much do you think it would throw it off? Men marrying men could throw off the ratios, ohhhhh my!

Yes and all the abuse is silly too. Let's everyone drop everything so a few guys can get harems. Rewrite all the laws. Employers should have to support many wives. No thanks.

Gov does not have to agree to this. It offers nothing of value to society. And a lot of negatives.

History also says that women are property. That changed in relatively recent years.

So we only allow things that are of value to society?? Interesting. Seems that a lot of things that offer nothing of value to society, and bring a lot of negatives, have slipped thru the cracks and been allowed to thrive.

What does divorce offer of value to society? It certainly provides a lot of negatives.
What does gay marriage offer of value to society?
What do video games offer of value to society?

Yes and all the abuse is silly too. Let's everyone drop everything so a few guys can get harems. Rewrite all the laws. Employers should have to support many wives. No thanks.

Your continued insistence that it will be exclusively men with multiple wives shows you do not think women capable of making their own decisions concerning who they marry or why.

Didn't say I was pro anything, I did say I saw no real reasons against it. So please quit being a drama queen. Your inability to discuss matters rationally is why I usually ignore your post.

And you have yet to give no real reasons against either of them.

You just said it was acceptable. That really questions your intelligence.... Birth defect are a pretty good reason.

Your continued insistence that it will be exclusively men with multiple wives shows you do not think women capable of making their own decisions concerning who they marry or why.

Ok I am using history. What are you using?

History also says that women are property. That changed in relatively recent years.

So we only allow things that are of value to society?? Interesting. Seems that a lot of things that offer nothing of value to society, and bring a lot of negatives, have slipped thru the cracks and been allowed to thrive.

What does divorce offer of value to society? It certainly provides a lot of negatives.
What does gay marriage offer of value to society?
What do video games offer of value to society?

You don't get a lot of gov benefits for playing video games....

We aren't discussing if multiple people can be together. That they can do all they want. But there is a lot tied to marriage and why it is between two people. Video games? Really?

Ok I am using history. What are you using?

Experience and knowledge of modern social order.

Look at the world today. Do you really think it would be only men wanting multiple wives and that women would ignore it?

Given the popularity of older women with younger men, and the fact that a woman in her prime can more than satisfy more than one man, while a middle aged man can certainly not make the same claim, I think you are ignoring the truth of our times.

In history, a woman's sexuality or even her dreams and wants were largely ignored by society. She had her place as property and as a servant. In those times, your supposition was accurate. Those times are gone.

Forum List

Back