🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage vs. pulygamy

What happens when alpha wife starts losing her mind? Not married to the other wife's so they have no say. Can husband go and change the alpha wife? More lawyers and court time I guess right? What if alpha wife goes to jail? IS in a coma?

Wow, looks like bigotry and prejudice trying to not allow people in love to marry.

Sad how stereotyping prevents people from seeing solutions and they only see problems.

Such minor questions.

Yes and relatives. Cause you think birth defects are minor....

If it works like the poly relationships do, it would depend on the people to decide. It could be that the man has two wives, and yet the wives are not married to each other. Or it could be that all three are joined into one unit.

Granted, the later would truly redefine marriage. But I have no real qualms about that, insofar as the gov't goes.

So the man is in critical condition in a coma. What wife makes his medical decisions? Financial decisions?

The one they decided should make the decision.

Sounds like lots and lots of legal paperwork. Sounds like more court time. So you sign something before getting married. Then you get older and change your mind, then what?

If you are in a standard marriage and get older and change your mind, then what?

You get divorced. But if you are in group marriage what if you want to be alpha wife but not divorced? Go to court? Should our courts be more busy with this kind of crap?

Alpha wife? Who says there needs to be an "alpha wife"?

If you mean the one who makes the financial decisions if the man is incapacitated, why would that be the alpha and not simply the one more suited to financial decisions?

And if a woman has more than one husband, why is either the alpha? Why are they not both simply the husband? These clasifications are artificial and unnecessary.

If they choose to have a primary, that is fine. It is their choice. Otherwise they have a prenup that outlines what happens in various eventualities.

Christians predicted that this would follow the gay marriage debate & EVERY SINGLE LEFTIE on this site denied it.

You've opened the flood gates to immoral behavior, congrats

So the man is in critical condition in a coma. What wife makes his medical decisions? Financial decisions?

Sounds like lots and lots of legal paperwork. Sounds like more court time. So you sign something before getting married. Then you get older and change your mind, then what?

If you are in a standard marriage and get older and change your mind, then what?

You get divorced. But if you are in group marriage what if you want to be alpha wife but not divorced? Go to court? Should our courts be more busy with this kind of crap?

If you mean the one who makes the financial decisions if the man is incapacitated, why would that be the alpha and not simply the one more suited to financial decisions?

And if a woman has more than one husband, why is either the alpha? Why are they not both simply the husband? These clasifications are artificial and unnecessary.

If they choose to have a primary, that is fine. It is their choice. Otherwise they have a prenup that outlines what happens in various eventualities.

Somebody will need to make decisions. And others won't agree with them. More court time and lawyers.

What happens when alpha wife starts losing her mind? Not married to the other wife's so they have no say. Can husband go and change the alpha wife? More lawyers and court time I guess right? What if alpha wife goes to jail? IS in a coma?

What happens when a husband in a standard marriage loses his mind? The same would apply.

If there is a prenup, there would be one spouse responsible for decisions in a worst case scenario when they couldn't agree. If that person is not mentally capable, it falls to the other.

Christians predicted that this would follow the gay marriage debate & EVERY SINGLE LEFTIE on this site denied it.

You've opened the flood gates to immoral behavior, congrats

How is it immoral? Look up[ the rates of infidelity in modern marriages. This brings that into the open and allows everyone to live honestly. If everyone does not agree, then no poly marriage is allowed.

What happens when a husband in a standard marriage loses his mind? The same would apply.

If there is a prenup, there would be one spouse responsible for decisions in a worst case scenario when they couldn't agree. If that person is not mentally capable, it falls to the other.

When the husband loses it the wife makes decisions. Now you'd have multiple people fighting to make the decisions. More court time and lawyers.

Lots of prenups. So romantic. You are a lawyer?

Somebody will need to make decisions. And others won't agree with them. More court time and lawyers.

And that is outlined in the prenup. Personally, the fact that something inconveniences the gov't is not a reason to deny it.

Suppose I am in a standard marriage, and my wife loses her mind. If I am incapacitated, who makes the decisions? The crazy one? Or would other arrangements have to be made?

When the husband loses it the wife makes decisions. Now you'd have multiple people fighting to make the decisions. More court time and lawyers.

Lots of prenups. So romantic. You are a lawyer?

No, I am not. But, once again, if my wife loses her mind and I am incapacitated? Would the insane person make the decisions or would other arrangements be made?

In my living will, one of my sons is responsible for making the determination on whether I am to be unplugged or not. He is also the executor of my will. It has been that way since he was 21, which includes most of my second marriage and a divorce.

Discussing what happens when a marriage ends or one of the persons is incapacitated or goes insane is not a romantic topic. To make those decisions based on romance would be ridiculous.

Can employers decide to only provide insurance/benefits to one wife. Seems like loads of opportunities for abuse.

I am sure there would need to be provisions for additional wives. But then, I doubt there would be many "harems" staying home unemployed.

Don't underestimate people. They take advantage of whatever they can.

It is not up to me to decide whether people will take advantage or not. That would be up to the respective spouse(s).

If someone allows someone to take advantage of them, it is their own fault. And, as I have said, having a prenup takes care of most of those issues.

Wow, looks like bigotry and prejudice trying to not allow people in love to marry.

Sad how stereotyping prevents people from seeing solutions and they only see problems.

Such minor questions.

Relatives? I thought you are on more than one spouse. This is why ignore bigots, they want to skip around and not face facts.

Not sure why it is your business what consenting adults want to do, why can't you let people in love do what they want?

How does joint checking work?

And again do employers have to support all these wives on the family plan?

Such minor questions.

Relatives? I thought you are on more than one spouse. This is why ignore bigots, they want to skip around and not face facts.

Not sure why it is your business what consenting adults want to do, why can't you let people in love do what they want?

You just said relatives should be allowed to marry a couple posts ago.

Who says joint checking is required? I know plenty of married couples without joint checking.

And if they choose to have joint checking, they have whomever they want on the account.

Just like messy divorces today are any different.

Let that be sorted out when it needs to be sorted out. Are companies required to take all spouses, regardless of pre-existing conditions, in the current system?

Such minor questions.

You just said relatives should be allowed to marry a couple posts ago.

I said it was acceptable, and linked a scientific study.

However the thread is about polygamy.

So, I ask the question again, that you won't answer.
Why it is your business what consenting adults want to do, why can't you let people in love do what they want?

Forum List

Back